Normal Topic Will you fail a polygraph examination if you confess that you are aware of antipolygraph.org? (Read 6915 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anti-
New User

Will you fail a polygraph examination if you confess that you are aware of antipolygraph.org?
Nov 27th, 2010 at 2:37pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I think one of the questions polygraphers supposedly like to ask their victims is if they know anything about polygraphy. If they respond that they have visited a website named "antipolygraph.org", are they likely to automatically fail the test?
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2010 at 3:50am by anti- »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipoly4life

Re: Will you fail a polygraph examination if you confess that you are aware of antipolygraph.org?
Reply #1 - Nov 27th, 2010 at 11:02pm
Doubt it.  If they don't specifically tell you not to research the polygraph before hand, then most people probably will at least Google it, and this website is one of the first hits.  Sure, the polygraphers frown upon this site, but just be honest and tell them you saw the site in your curious web browsing.  They will probably ask what you saw on there.  What you don't want to tell them is that you learned countermeasure techniques and all the details on how to perform them (that's what the polygraphers are fishing for).  Just say something general like you think the site is just a bunch of people sharing stories and like most of the internet you can't really believe any of it. 

Honestly, I think they can detect some countermeasures now, whether they come out and announce it or not.  There is likely a sensor on the seat to detect butt muscle contraction, there are tubes on you to measure breathing that are VERY sensitive, your heart rate is measured...the only safe CM to use is probably mental thoughts. 

Still, I think this site is a good resource so you at least know what to expect and don't go into a polygraph blind.  But don't tell the polygraphers how much you love this site!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Will you fail a polygraph examination if you confess that you are aware of antipolygraph.org?
Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 10:54am
anti-,

I think it is likely that mentioning that one has visited AntiPolygraph.org significantly increases the risk of:

1) being accused of deception and/or

2) being accused of using polygraph countermeasures.

A decade ago, I asked the American Polygraph Association (APA) how its members would handle those who admit to knowing about "the lie behind the lie detector" (that is, the lies and deceptions upon which polygraphy relies). Then APA president Skip Webb declined to provide a substantive answer:

https://antipolygraph.org/read.shtml#informed-subjects

The polygraph community has yet to publicly state how its members are to handle those who admit to an understanding of polygraph procedure.

Thus, for those facing a polygraph interrogation, I think it is safest to deny having researched polygraphy, and in particular, to deny having visited AntiPolygraph.org.

When polygraphers ask what an examinee knows about polygraphy, the kind of answer they find reassuring is something like, "My friend's father is a police officer, and he said to get a good night's sleep, relax, tell the truth, and you'll do fine."

Any indication that you understand the true function of probable-lie control questions, or possible countermeasures to the polygraph, is likely to put your polygraph examiner on guard and make him/her suspicious.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sctopshelf
New User

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 11:27am
Most people put on clean underwear before going out of the house, thumb through the driver's manual before renewing their license, and ask all kinds of questions before having the dentist jack their mouth open and begin a root canal. Preparation is normal. It's anti-thesis would be suspect. Therefore, reviewing this site before engaging in a polygraph is normal. Clearly, knowledge of this site does not mean that one is dishonest. Moreover, I have yet to view anything posted on this site as revelating or novel with regards to the polygraph. Rather, I've waded through a littany of mis-spellings, gross gramatical error, random thoughts, and generalities that work to affirm the obvious. A site that officials are aware? YES. A site to which knowledge of concerns officials? I DON'T THINK SO.

IP Logged

Will you fail a polygraph examination if you confess that you are aware of antipolygraph.org?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X