Normal Topic NSA First Attempt (Read 3205 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSA Applicatant

NSA First Attempt
Nov 22nd, 2010 at 7:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I had my first attempt at the polygraph for NSA as a step toward becoming an NSA Contractor.

Everything went well for the first part related to acts against the government which lead me to feel confident over the suitability questions remaining.

First I am a recovering alocolic who has not had a drink in 13 years and will not take presciption medications given to me for back pain.  Yes I was confident.

Yet I failed.  I was asked a number of questions and even confessed that I was a leadfoot and did not obey speeding laws.  I confessed that as a six year old I stole a 49cent matchbox car.   

Another test and another failure.  At times I actually felt the room was warmer and could feel the beeds of sweat forming on my brow, but I remained convinced that I had not done anything (ever) that would prevent me from passing this test.

I am scheduled for a second test and now wonder what will happen.

I do not need this job as I am employed, but I want the job.

What are the odds I will pass the 2nd test?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: NSA First Attempt
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 8:24pm
I don't know what the odds of your passing the 2nd polygraph are, but it is not at all unusual for NSA applicants to initially be accused of "having problems," to be badgered for admissions, and then to be brought back for one or more follow-up sessions. For more on the polygraph technique used by NSA (the "relevant/irrelevant test"), see Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector (1 MB PDF).

See also my commentary on the NSA polygraph unit's recent public relations video, which you may have been shown:

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box itookthetest
New User

Re: NSA First Attempt
Reply #2 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 3:06am
I took the NSA polygraph a couple months ago.  I passed on my first try.  And actually, I just received the call yesterday that I am finally cleared.  I'm waiting on the date for my briefing and then I'll start.  It took 3 months to go through the clearance process.

Read this thread for my experience:  https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1286242505

IP Logged

NSA First Attempt

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X