Normal Topic CIA recruiter's response? (Read 6767 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box terry
New User

CIA recruiter's response?
Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:51pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,

I have applied to several Intelligence Agencies online in the US including the CIA with a sincere interest in a career change. The CIA has not responded to my application yet. Still ten days to go before the end of the "response time". I even went to my university job fair to actually meet some CIA recruiters with the hope to improve my chances of exposure. I match almost every single qualification requirement in the job description, I am fluent in several Asian and European languages, I have resided in several Asian and European countries, I have a strong academic background, profound area study competence, double citizenship (not politically or ideologically conflicting with US, I think), I sent in current affairs essay, sample writing representing my academic field, and I submitted all the documents required for this first application phase. I have not heard from anyone yet, and I am dying to be given a chance.
Shall I start to give up? or is there still any hope?
Thanks for any advice on this...really!
Terry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Harry

Re: CIA recruiter's response?
Reply #1 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 12:18am
There's hope.  It can take a year or more.  If your language skill is good, try the FBI, they have quickhire and actually move much faster.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Debo
New User

Reply #2 - May 7th, 2011 at 10:08pm
Do you already have a clearance? Maybe get on with a contractor that requires a TS/SCI with poly and they can sponsor you. Once you get your clearance after a while with the company, try to cross over to CIA directly. It looks good to have it already under your belt.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Michael Bates

Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2011 at 11:27pm
Hi, very soon I'm going to sign up for boot camp for the Marines and i really wanted to know will i be able to join the CIA if i be approve, working for the CIA is something i'm looking forward to do in my future.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2011 at 11:55pm
Quote:
Hi, very soon I'm going to sign up for boot camp for the Marines and i really wanted to know will i be able to join the CIA if i be approve, working for the CIA is something i'm looking forward to do in my future. 

Michael, 

If this is your goal, I'd recommend pursuing a career in the Marines as a cryptological technician. It will help you to get a top secret clearance and move you in that direction. Honestly though, you will first have to prove your mettle in boot camp. Good luck!

IP Logged

CIA recruiter's response?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X