Normal Topic Failed Psych...How/or can you appeal the psych exam in california? (Read 8854 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box eomotobro
New User

Failed Psych...How/or can you appeal the psych exam in california?
Oct 17th, 2010 at 2:47am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi,
I am a former police officer, I left the business in 2005 and wanted to get back in and participate as a Reserve. I went through all the hiring steps and got a conditional offer based on passing the psych and medical. 
I did not sleep very well the night before the test, my girlfriend made some decaf coffee in the evening, I think she used the wrong bag of coffee. I arrived at the docs office right at my appointment time  as I got stuck in some unexpected rush hour and construction traffic. I was greeted by the doc who told me I better take off my tie cause I was gonna be there for at least 5 hours. I took my 5 different tests that took about 3hours. The docs secretary that was about 90 years old and not at all quick on the computer had to enter in some info prior to each test before I could start. She took forever ! I finished the tests and was told I could take a break for a few mins as the copy machine was acting up. I went to the bathroom and outside to my car to wolf down half of a sandwich. I was back in 5 mins. The doc ushered me into his office and told me that I took longer than most people to take the tests, he then told me to sit down at a table. He told my thinking was black and white like 60% of law enforcement. We began to talk about why I left in 2005 and he interrupted me and told me that I was "in the moment" and if i was aware of this. i said no. He then started with my childhood and we discussed alcoholism in my family. He then wanted to know what traits i inheireted from my mom and then my dad. He talked briefly about Adult Children of Alcholics, and how the closer I get to a goal the more anxiety I develop (What?) That wasnt me , but I didnt argue. He then made me tell him my strengths and weaknesses for every job i ever had, my strengths and weaknesses as a cop . It finally ended and I felt that I had been eaten for lunch....literally. His last name is Wolf.
I took the medical the next day, I am in tip top shape. The sonographer who supervised my treadmill test said she had never had anyone go that long. I know I passed the medical.
A week went by and I recieved a wispy few sentence letter telling me thanks for going through the hiring process, but they have picked another applicant. They have an unlimited amount of positions and no other applicants.
I have passed these exams before in the past with no problems, but this guy ate me for lunch in my interview.
Can I appeal ??? and go to a different doc, maybe pay for it myself and give them the results ???
How would the command staff view this?
I think the guy just didn't like me right off the bat.
I was talking with an officer from a neighboring dept., he said he was very familiar with the wolf and said he knew of three guys in his dept that had probs with the guy?????
I worked so hard to get to the conditional offer point, is there anything I can do?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box eomotobro
New User

Re: Failed Psych...How/or can you appeal the psych exam in california?
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 4:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
comments ??????
Anyone !!!!!!

IP Logged

Failed Psych...How/or can you appeal the psych exam in california?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X