Normal Topic Need Help with my girl, she is going into Marshalls (Read 9656 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box flash
New User

Need Help with my girl, she is going into Marshalls
Oct 13th, 2010 at 9:09pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello 
My fiance and I have been together for 13yrs and she now is in the hiring process of getting into the US Marshals. I have been helping her thru many agencies and this is the farthest she has gotten to and it is with the marshalls. Well I have a crimal record and haven't been in trouble for the past 15yrs or so now she is pertty much is throwing it all away because she thinks they will DQ her (she is the background stage)or she says they do background checks every 5 yrs and I will eventually show up and they will fire her when they find out? We were going to buy a house together,have kids and now that is no longer,I have had to refi everything? cars,bikes,jetskiis to get my name off everything we own together. I don't know if she is going overboard or is this really true?  and what can I do to keep the love of my life? Please Help
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2010 at 10:33pm by flash »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pixkbi
User

Re: Need Help with my girl, she is going into Marshalls
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 2:35am
a 15 year old criminal record may not disqualify her..however hiding it will.. you should consider seeking to have you record expunged. many states have a process to clean up old records

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rawform
New User

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 4:27pm
Your 15 yr old record should not effect her hiring process. there plenty of people who have spouces with records that have made it in this field. She needs to understand there not hiring you, they are hiring her. The most important part of getting hired in law enforcement is the truth. She needs to be honest. There is a possibility that they will do a fingerprint on you. when they ask about your record you and your girlfriend need to tell them the truth and that your not the same person you where when you commited the crime/crimes. Remember there not hiring you there hiring your girlfriend. 
P.S.
     You and your Girlfriend need to read 'The Lie Behind The Lie Detector'. its a free download at antipolygraph.org. law enforcement all over the country including the US Marshals use the polygraph to weed out bad applicants. The problem is that the very test they rely on is in it self a lie. Your girlfriends hiring pocess will stop immediately with a failed polygraph. Telling the truth while taking a polygraph does not mean you will pass. Infact the truthful fail the polygraph more often then pass. So make sure she reads the ebook. good luck, keep us posted on her process.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 4:55pm
That is very inlighting news and Thank You for all your replies.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Oct 14th, 2010 at 11:24pm
rawform wrote on Oct 14th, 2010 at 4:27pm:

... law enforcement all over the country including the US Marshals use the polygraph to weed out bad applicants. The problem is that the very test they rely on is in it self a lie. Your girlfriends hiring pocess will stop immediately with a failed polygraph...

This information is incorrect.

To its credit, the US Marshals Service does not conduct pre-employment polygraph screening of job applicants. It is one of a very small group of federal law enforcement agencies not wedded to the pseudoscience of polygraphy.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 3:37am
G Scalabr 
Error: I was mistaken. I was thinking boarder patrol. I Got the two agencies mixed up. I'll make sure to double check my facts before posting.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 9:14pm
Good to know

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Oct 15th, 2010 at 9:20pm
So they say to not disclose it unless asked? is this a correct way to go about? She took a exam and explained to the LAPD board about me when she was taking her test and they DQed her because she mentioned the fact that she knows and is affiliated to a kmown felon. Even tho her cousins and uncles have all been to jail also? so how is it good to mention it and expect not to get DQed after all she was being honest and upfront about it. All her coworker have told her she should not have said anything at all unless they presented her or inquired about it personally. I'm confused?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 7:00am
That is her call. I was given this advice from a LT in my city. He said "they(the hiring board) are not priests, your not in a confession, answer the questions asked honestly and dont give information that is not asked for." one more thing just because someone is DQed one time doesnt mean anything. I have a friend that tried 3 times before actually getting in the department in my area. tell your girlfriend not to give up. she can go back to the same departments and put in another app she might be surprised and actaully get the job. She needs to be truthful. That is the key. If they ask about her spouses past and she lies about it she is done for. The fact that she lied on her app could follow her to every dpt that she applys to. I dont want to give advice that is incorrect I hope someone else ways in on this for you. This seems like a tough one for you guys. hang in there. I will ask a few of my friends in law enforcement and see what there opinions are. Every dept is different so there opinions might be useless. Undecided

IP Logged

Need Help with my girl, she is going into Marshalls

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X