Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Attempted Framing (Read 22318 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SeekingRealJustice
New User

Attempted Framing
Oct 7th, 2010 at 5:38am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am a former Michigan State Police Trooper, a former Federal Police Officer, a 2006-2007 trainer of Iraqi Police on the battlefield and a 17 year veteran of the US Army and Army National Guard as a Military Police Soldier.

On April 26th 2009 I was working for the Boyne City Ambulance in Boyne City, MI. I stayed at the Ambulance station that night. At 4:20 AM I got a very shocking dispatch, it was my own home. Someone had broken into our house and slit my 9 year old autistic daughters throat. When I arrived on the scene, with the Ambulance, I was relieved to discover that she was going to make it because the 5 inch wound, caused by a knife, had missed her jugular vein by a couple of millimeters. Another EMT was called in to take my place as my daughter was rushed to the hospital. One of the Police Officers at the scene showed me my daughter's room. There was a beer can beside her bed (we did not have any beer in the house) and a knife from our kitchen was lying on her nightstand. As this Officer continued to talk to me in the hallway, I noticed the odor of intoxicating beverages coming from his breath. After I said something to him about smelling something, he changed the subject.

My spouse and I were questioned separately. It is completely understandable to look at the family in this type of case, if anything, to ensure everyone was safe. My wife was really drug through the coals. A State Police Investigator made several false claims against her. I was being questioned by the Boyne City Police Officer, who had smelled with the odor of intoxicants, and his brother, another State Trooper. My interrogation seemed to be focused more on whether I was going to say anything about the intoxication or not. I tried to tell them that my only concern was finding out who tried to kill my daughter.

The State Police Trooper told me that my wife and I needed to take the Polygraph, to help rule us out as suspects. Right away, I refused to let anyone in our family take the Polygraph. Just as I had been taught by a Professor at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center, I told the Trooper that the Polygraph is not very accurate. I could not remember the exact percentage of it's true accuracy at the time (63 to 68%), but I again I refused to take the polygraph. Mind you, the Michigan State Police were the ones who framed Lisa Hanson (read Hansen's story here: https://antipolygraph.org/blog/?p=61 )

After my Police interview, I left the station and went to my car to get my driver’s license and returned to the Police station so the Police could make a copy. I saw Boyne City Chief of Police, Officer Gettle, behind the glass and approximately 20 feet away with his back to me, yelling to the other Officers around him that he “bet” that I had committed the crime against my daughter.

The Police continued to hammer us about the polygraph. I told finally them, "No Poly, No waiver (of rights) and no (sworn) statement." I also told them I felt we were being framed because of there drinking on the job.

The Boyne City Police were ordered to refrain from any type of press release by the Prosecutor. The Assistant Police Chief decided to tell the local press that they were sure someone in my family committed this crime and the fact that someone refused the polygraph. The local paper posted the fact someone had refused the polygraph and “investigators are not 100 percent sure the assailant was an intruder.” 

- This unauthorized press release gave the community a false sense of truth, which may have prevented people from coming forward with any possible leads.

- Several people came forward to us with allegations that the Boyne City Police were telling people in public places that someone in our family had most likely committed the crime against my daughter. We received a lot of discrimination and it affected my college and work. Hopefully, we can get some testimony from some of these witnesses.

- Before this crime had happened, no one in our family had ever even been accused of a crime. We are God fearing, law abiding citizens. My life has been devoted to service to my community and to my country. My wife and I participated fully with the Boyne City Police and the Michigan State Police. The Police had no logical reason to assume someone in our family had committed this crime.

- Our other daughter, a 2 year-old, also had light “knife like” scratches on her neck & chin area that were not there when she went to bed. When we brought this up to the Police and they just laughed about it and refused to collect any photographic evidence. Faith was sleeping in our bed, with my wife in the master bedroom at the time. During the sentencing trial, we heard a Detective tell the Assistant Prosecutor that shoe impressions from the suspect were found in the master bedroom. The perpetrator got away with this potential crime. 

- After the Boyne City Police and the State Police crime lab had completed their initial investigation of our house, the Boyne City Police wanted to just give the key to our house back to us and have us call them if anything is missing or out of place. I refused to take the key back unless they went through the house with us. After their initial refusal to go through the house with us, we decided to keep the crime scene preserved, with the Police still in control of the house key, until the initial Police report was released.

- After three weeks, the crime lab results still had not come back and the initial Police report had not been released . . . It was now May 18th . . . the attempted murder happened on April 26th.  At this point, we again requested to go through the house with the Police and finally on Monday, May 18th, three weeks later, we went through the house with the Police.

- During our initial Police interview, my wife and I had both stated that all of our kitchen knifes were kept in a particular drawer or in the dishwasher. We never leave kitchen knifes anywhere else in the house. During the walk-through and in the presence of Police, we observed knives lying on the counter above the dishwasher. I pointed them out to the Police Officers present at the time. The Police confirmed with us that the knives were in the same place upon their initial investigation.

- With two Police Officer’s standing behind me, I then noticed a knife lying in the sink. The knife I discovered lying in the sink appeared to have dried blood on it.  We never cut anything with blood on it the day of or the day before the crime. I was taking Anatomy & Physiology and Microbiology in college at the time, where I had to look at dried blood smears on a regular biases. Based on my medical, military and law enforcement training and experience, I feel that it was blood on that knife. I pointed this knife out to the Officers.  Why were these knives not collected as evidence in the first place?  There were no signs on the knifes that they were tested for blood or fingerprints at the scene. They had sat there untouched for 3 weeks after we gave the Police full permission to search the property and they had conducted two search warrants.

- The Police focused their investigation on our families bedrooms. They took my son’s computer and bedding, but they did not focus in the kitchen at all, where the knife found inside my daughter‘s room came from.  It was obvious that an attempt to frame someone in our family was made, instead of investigating the scene with an open mind. 

COVERING YOUR EYES TO THE OBVIOUS EVIDENCE (refusing to investigating the kitchen and knifes, the same place were the knife found upstairs came from) IS THE SAME AS COVERING UP THE EVIDENCE. The Boyne City Police was only interested in finding evidence to frame one of our family members, my Autistic son.

- Later, I was told that the lab found the knife was “clean” and no blood was found on it. The perpetrator claimed to have thrown the knife he used in the woods, yet we have no knowledge of the woods being searched for the knife, even though the precipitation was very low from the time of the crime until the time of the confession. The alleged knife was never searched for because the Police may have known exactly where the real knife was, cleaned and at the crime lab. Someone may have tampered with evidence. It may have been the Boyne City Police, who were trying to avoid a potential civil suit or the State Police crime lab was covering up their mistake of not finding the knife and they tampered with the evidence.

- On May 26th, 2009 exactly one month after the incident, I contacted the local press and I asked them to meet me at city hall where I made a speech before a city counsel meeting. I went there to correct the Boyne City Police misleading of the press in a tactful way. I asked for leads in the case and I blamed the lack of public knowledge of the incident on the Police not wanting to scare the public.   

Boyne City citizens are confirmed online that observed Boyne City Police Officers drinking on duty. I’m sure a computer expert could discover who posted those comments.

- One week later, an informant came forward who had heard a 14 year-old-boy, Michael Meza, brag about committing the crime after I was on the local news. As I understand it, the Boyne City Police did not initially follow up on the lead, but the Charlevoix County Sheriffs department, Undersheriff Chuck Vondra, did most all of the work in the case. The Boyne City Police were just along for the ride. Chuck Vondra has told me that the Boyne City Police were not happy with his involvement with the case. Chuck Vondra is now the Boyne City Mayor and he is still the county Undersheriff.

- Michael Meza had been recently charged with other felonies prior to his attack in our home. These felonies happened in Van Buren County and Grand Traverse county. The felonies include; home invasion 2nd degree, felonious assault, unlawful driving away of an automobile. During the transfer from Van Buren County to Grand Traverse county, Meza was released to his mother, (another felon) and was not released on any type of bond.

- Michael Meza was being housed in a juvenile facility in Roscommon County. On August, 30th , was the first time that I worked a night shift again on the Ambulance, away from home, Meza and another juvenile attacked a guard by choking and punching him, locked him in a cell, they changed into civilian clothes, stole the guard’s vehicle and escaped the facility for over 3 hours before being caught after a hot pursuit on the highway. Meza and the other escapee had initially drove south, but turned around and headed north, towards us.   
     - We were not notified of the escape until two days later (September, 2nd) by the Charlevoix county prosecutors office. The only reason we were notified is because the press got a hold of the story. When the prosecutor’s office called us, they said that Meza did not escape, but it was an attempted escape because they did not get past the parking lot. According to the Charlevoix County prosecutor’s office, the Roscommon county Sheriff Dept. failed to make proper notifications to them and to tell them the truth about what happened. A Petoskey News Review reporter also confirmed that the Roscommon county sheriff’s department told him that the escapees did not get past the parking lot. This is a clear violation of our crime victim’s rights, as we should have been notified of the escape forthwith.

- Meza has pled guilty and January, 2010 he was sentenced to 15-30 years in prison. 

I have made a complaint to the Attorney General, to no avail. The Attorneys in my area are afraid of "qualified Immunity" the Police Officers might have and they want several thousand dollars up front. Money we don't have. I am about ready to just file a lawsuit by myself. It would be better to lose than to do nothing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Attempted Framing
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2010 at 10:11am
You were wise to refuse the polygraph. Not only is polygraphy without scientific basis, but as used by police in criminal investigations, it is often little more than a pretext for interrogating a suspect without a lawyer present. The suspect's "failure" can be part of a pre-planned interrogation strategy, and even if the outcome is not predetermined, examiner biases can influence outcomes.

Blinded by faith in the pseudoscience of polygraphy (or guided by their gut feelings), polygraphers (and other interrogators trusting their results), have even coerced false confessions from numerous persons later proven to be innocent. See, for example, the cases of Matthew Livers, Byron Halsey, Jeffrey Deskovic, Abdallah Higazy, and Kevin Fox.

I wish you all success in pursuing civil action regarding this matter. You might want to contact the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan, as the police misconduct you have alleged has implications that extend beyond the trauma that your family has endured.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 2:05am
I've already contacted the Michigan ACLU. This is what they said:
"A complaint about police misconduct or abuse may be filed at the police department in which the officer(s) work. Every police agency has a formal citizen complaint process. When exhausting the complaint process at the police department, you may copy the ACLU. That is, you may notify the police department that a copy of your complaint has been forwarded to our office. Your complaint about police misconduct will be maintained in our office in order to establish any geographic patterns of police abuse. The ACLU may address instances of police abuse as facts are presented in cases that would have far-reaching consequences."

It seems counter productive for me to make a complaint with a Police Department who has their Assistant Chief of Police as the main suspect. I also believe the Police department would try to benefit by getting more information from the complaint interviews and try to build another false case against us.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2010 at 4:33am
You might file your complaint then with those with authority over the Boyne City Police Department. Perhaps the city commission?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 3:22am
Did I mention the head of the City Commission, the Mayor, is also the Under-sheriff for the county? He did help us during the investigation but, we were complaining to him the entire time and nothing has happened. The bad guys win again.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pissed citizen

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 5:16pm
•Stay away from online site www.antipolygraph.org as its a US Government monitored and created sting website, set up to trap those that would research how to beat a polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #6 - Nov 30th, 2010 at 7:36pm
Hey Ace

Some people who visited this site and learned how to beat the polygraph beat your ass so bad that it crossed your optic nerves with your anal nerves that it gave you a shitty outlook on life.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T. Bailey

Reply #7 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 11:56pm
I just came across the site while doing research for my FBI scheduled polygraph exam .  This guy is obviously not a previous LE officer.  No officer calls a vehicle pursuit, "Hot Pursuit" unless he or she is on a FOX reality show.   Thanks for the info on the poly should make for some interesting conversation with the examiner.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 5:13am
Quote:
This guy is obviously not a previous LE officer.No officer calls a vehicle pursuit, "Hot Pursuit" unless he or she is on a FOX reality show.

Mr. Bailey, you are a prime example of a typical officer who can't get his head out of his own ass in order to see past his own bias. In Michigan Complied Law (MCL) we have the "HOT PURSUIT" guidelines, which are established in MCL 764.16 and in Michigan case law: People v Reinhardt. The Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) has designated "Hot Pursuit" guidelines to be taught in the MCOLES Basic Training Curriculum and Training Objectives, which is for every Michigan Police Academy.
Thank you Mr. Baily. Thank you for proving there are some stupid Police Officers out there that make ignorant asinine assumptions, like the Officers in my daughter's case.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/mcoles/Basic_Training_Manual_Part_I-2011_34256...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hope you feel better

Reply #9 - Jun 12th, 2011 at 9:56pm
I really hope that you and you family can feel better, and this traumatic case doesnt affect your lives.
I hope that those police officers who framed you and your wife, will be caught and punished. 
Best wishes to you and your family

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box honestabe
New User

Reply #10 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Don't let people get you angry or distracted from what you really need to accomplish here, which is revealing the truth. Keep plugging away. What is going on with the case right now?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2012 at 4:25pm
Thank you to those who show us some support. We haven't gone any further with this case because attorneys want cash up front when dealing with cases that involve Police Officer's "Qualified Immunity." I'm just a poor Nursing school student with two Autistic children. Restitution was ordered in this case, but we were told we will never see a dime, because the mother of the attacker is on welfare. The three year deadline for civil suits will be up on April 26th, 2012. We are also trying to save up money to pay for the plastic surgery my daughter needs on her neck, related to this attack. If someone was interested in donating any amount of money, send it to my paypal at dunkamania@yahoo.com Thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RoamingBack
New User

Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2012 at 6:18pm
Hang tough... these are hard times and it sometimes appears that "evil" is pulling ahead. I don't think it will

win... stay in the fight!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Writer

Reply #13 - May 3rd, 2012 at 9:57pm
Hi, I used to be a health care provider for the State Of Missouri.  Some time ago I was accused by a client of sexual molestation and was told by Family Health Services that client had taken a polygraph and passed.  I retained the services of a polygraph expert and took a polygraph myself and passed with better than 95 percent certainty on all questions that might pertain to such a charge.  When I attended the "interview" with Family Services with my Attorney present, I presented Family Services with a paper copy of the results of my polygraph. Family Services very quickly lost interest in me or pressed me again on the matter.  
Question is:  What do the authorities do when both parties "pass" the polygraph?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 3rd, 2012 at 11:38pm
Quote:
Question is:What do the authorities do when both parties "pass" the polygraph? 

Law enforcement uses the polygraph mainly for two purposes:

1. As a rubber hose to trick suspects into confessing.
2. As an aid to help them as to where to focus their resources.

If both parties "pass" the "test", then they must reach into another bag of tricks. 

I suggest you don't take anymore polygraphs nor attend anymore "interviews." Decisions to charge a person are based on evidence, not good will gestures, or perceived demeanor during interviews. Keep your mouth shut and tell them where they can put their polygraph. This is not legal advice as I cannot give such, it's just my humble opinion.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2012 at 2:44am by »  

IP Logged

Attempted Framing

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X