Normal Topic CIA employment (Read 9426 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ayepatch
New User

CIA employment
Aug 26th, 2010 at 11:54pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm a college student and applied for an undergraduate position within the CIA about 30 days ago. According to their site, they will contact you within 45 days if you meet their designated requirements. So, I have two questions regarding this...:

1. Does the fact that it's been a month and I have heard nothing mean they're not interested in me? I'm well aware the recruitment process is supposed to take a very long time, but I've heard of people both on this forum and otherwise being contacted within 2 weeks of application submission.

2. If I do not meet what the deemed minimum requirements, will I be told I have not been selected?

Thank you all in advance for any advice and answers you may be able to provide.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BowBall
New User

Re: CIA employment
Reply #1 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 8:01pm
Each case is different and the time varies, but if you have not received a call in the 45 days they will not notify you.  I'm pretty sure this is stated somewhere on their website.  By the way are you still an undergrad in your senior year applying for a permanent position, or did you graduate this past May?  Just curious because I'm planning on applying, but I don't know if I should wait till I graduate or apply in the Fall since it takes 6-12 months.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ayepatch
New User

Reply #2 - Sep 7th, 2010 at 3:53pm
You don't qualify for the program if you're a senior. 

The site states that students leaving high school, freshmen, and sophomores may apply for the program. Also, I guess you didn't see it in my post, but I wrote "According to their site, they will contact you within 45 days if you meet their designated requirements".

I would wait until you graduate. If you apply now they'd probably figure you don't know how to read since the programs (at least, as far as I'm aware) are designed for undergraduate freshmen and sophomores.

To my understanding, it's also very difficult to get hired into a permanent position right out of college unless you're a foreign language major.

Good luck.

UPDATE ON MY OWN STATUS:

I have not been contacted and it has nearly been 45 days. I assume they will not be calling. As such, I have contacted the career services at my school in hope of re applying with a university backing me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Irish
New User

deleted
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 11:11pm
deleted
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2010 at 2:05pm by Irish »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Billy Goat
New User

Re: CIA employment timeline?
Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 7:34pm
Can anyone who's gone through the process lately please post their timeline of events?

How long after the polygraph/processing appointments does the Background Investigation start?  And how long does the BI last then how long for adjudication?

If you were rejected after the polygraph/processing, how long did it take to get the rejection letter and did you ever find out the reason why?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipoly4life

Reply #5 - Nov 22nd, 2010 at 1:40pm

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antipoly4life

Reply #6 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 6:02am
And everyone watch what you say in this forum and others.  I have official word that employers (such as CIA) and polygraphers read internet forums on a regular basis just like we do!  Check out this post on another website where a guy got eliminated recently from the FBI because of too much online posting that revealed his identity:
http://federalsoup.com/forum_posts.asp?FID=30&TID=29795&title=warning

That thread has pretty much silenced all of the FBI hiring process chatter on that website.  Make sure not to give too many details about your application or who you are (like don't put your location and your birthdate year in your screenname  like everyone loves to do).  Big Brother is always watching...

Smiley

IP Logged

CIA employment

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X