Normal Topic is there a lab where i can practice to beat the machine, in Toronto Canada ? (Read 4439 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ari5323
New User

is there a lab where i can practice to beat the machine, in Toronto Canada ?
Apr 4th, 2010 at 1:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
HI,
i need some info about a lab where i can practice the countermeasures preferred in Toronto Canda, can i get help from you guys about it asap,
thanks,
Ari

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mr. Truth
Very Senior User

Re: is there a lab where i can practice to beat the machine, in Toronto Canada ?
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2010 at 12:56am
Buy a biofeedback machine, Radio Shack or Sharper Image or places like that. Maybe around $30 iirc. Make sure it has two finger positions for the GSR. Pretend like you're on fire or falling and see how the activity indicators (lights, beep/tone, etc.) increase, then relax, and note how they decrease as well. That is only if you need proof you can control your body's reactions with absolutely no way a polygrapher can detect a CM like that. All you need to do is spike yourself to react more to control questions than to relevant questions. It works, believe me.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Polypro Pauline
New User

Re: is there a lab where i can practice to beat the machine, in Toronto Canada ?
Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 2:47am
ari5323 wrote on Apr 4th, 2010 at 1:19pm:
HI,
i need some info about a lab where i can practice the countermeasures preferred in Toronto Canda, can i get help from you guys about it asap,
thanks,
Ari

Interesting topic. You hit the nail on the head without even knowing it. The only way you can possibly beat a good polygrapher with countermeasures while actually lying about a relevant issue-which at least one good study supports-is to get a good polygrapher to help you practice, practice and practice. Even then . . . good luck. I am a polygrapher and I can't even do it myself. But I might learn how to do it with help from a colleague. Better advice if you are innocent is to follow instructions and take your 70-90 percent odds of passing, and if you are guilty don't even agree to take a polygraph. But of course here comes the peanut gallery to chime in with contrary opinions despite any practical knowledge or experience.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 3:00pm
Polypro Pauline wrote on Jul 1st, 2010 at 2:47am:
But of course here comes the peanut gallery to chime in with contrary opinions despite any practical knowledge or experience

It is probably more accurate to write that few (if any) people on this board, other than polygraph examiners, have any "practical knowledge or experience" which will not be denigrated and dismissed by polygraph examiners.  That does not mean that such people have no worthwhile knowledge or experiences to relate.

One needn't be an expert in polygraph operation to conclude that if you tell the truth and don't hold back any information, and yet you still fail multiple polygraphs, the polygraph is not an accurate method of determining truth or deception.  However, any such anectdotal evidence is virtually always dismissed in the most peremptory fashion by polygraph "experts", who then go on to cite their own anectdotal evidence as proof that the polygraph is highly accurate in detecting deception.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

is there a lab where i can practice to beat the machine, in Toronto Canada ?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X