Normal Topic Wish i had come here first (Read 1683 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nothappy
New User

Wish i had come here first
Nov 23rd, 2009 at 3:41pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I went into my poly a month ago trying to be honest about everything so I didn't look up anything about polygraphs at all before going in.  I only knew what I knew from popular culture and my gut instinct that in general they were just a test of your reactions to the questions and not much more.

So I go in and promptly just not able to keep calm.  I'm just the sort of person who reacts to this situation I guess.  I can honestly say I pretty much squeaky in my cleanness.  According to my interrogator I failed on about half the questions majorly in the serious crimes question and the drugs question.  So I have never done drugs in my life (not even so much as smoking and I've had alcohol around a dozen times).  As for crimes I don't even speed any more (did a little as a teenager) much less kill/rape/burn down houses/steal major items as per the question I "failed".

The whole thing turned into a 6 hour long interrogation that was simply one of the worst experiences of my life and something I would never want to repeat again.  I left feeling like a criminal, and generally a bad person.  I couldn't even face people around me for a while I felt like such a terrible and unworthy person.

I wish I had read up on other peoples experiences and take on the whole thing here first.  I feel like maybe I would have been more calm in the whole thing.  I think it's pathetic and just sad that they would reject (yeah got my rejection letter) people like myself based on something that clearly isn't as accurate as some would claim as I can testify personally.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Knightshaiid
User

Better Late Than Never
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2009 at 11:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Your experience is a textbook case of the post-poly blues, right down to feeling like a criminal even though you aren't one.

Welcome to the Polygraph Victims' club. Read on, and read much.

There's a wind a 'brewin...

IP Logged

Wish i had come here first

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X