Normal Topic Polygrapher said I did not fail (Read 3419 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box compaq
New User

Polygrapher said I did not fail
Oct 31st, 2009 at 8:14pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
about a week ago, i took a polygraph with a federal agency. At the end of this polygraph,which lasted about three and a half hours, the polygrapher told me that "i was a bubble canidate for the position" and that it was up to D.C. to make the final call. I replied with a question about failing the test, and the polygrapher said "you definately didn't fail".

Should I view this as a good thing? The only thing I screwed up on was the "are you a lier" question? I stated for the first three hours of the test that I was not a lier, but at the end, I told him that I lied to my parents a few times.

He also said I failed the "have you committed a serious crime" question a few times. I think it was due to the fact that I was thinking of serious crimes and punishments for them while I answered the questions.

But at the end, I did get the illusive " you did not fail " statement. Anyone think he could be bullshitting?

As for advice

The poly itself, the only advice I can give is be truthful with yourself. If you did drugs, admit it, if you sell, buy, make, posses "you know what", admit it, if you killed a person, admit it. If you have anything on your conscious at all, you must come forth and admit it. That is the easiest way to pass.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BBernie
User

Re: Polygrapher said I did not fail
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2009 at 4:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I wouldn't believe anything anyone says to you.  You don't know what the outcome will turn out to be until after you receive word on whether you passed or failed.  In my case, and from reviewing my copy of the investigative BI that I received, I was rejected because of inconsistent entries on m SF-86.  In my case, I made some rather obvious mistakes in documenting my previous employment circumstances, which had I clarified it with my AC beforehand, might have resulted in a better outcome.  From what I can ascertain from reviewing a copy of my BI, I did not fail the polygraph because a notation is entered "NDI" so apparently the rejection of my application was because of the omissions on my SF-86.  Because of this I was viewed as being deceptive.  I don't understand it, because I really did not intend to deceive anyone, the mistakes I made on the omissions for the SF-86 were from my not understanding exactly what I should disclose.  I submitted my SF-86 without checking it over with my AC.  My whole point is that it looks like I passed the polygraph but was still looked at as being deceptive because of the omissions, which were considered to be deceptive and misleading.  I think it just shows then, the polygraph is not an accurate way to determine whether someone is lying.  I will say this.  When I took the polygraph, I honestly did not feel I was being deceptive in any way at all.  In fact, only after I received a copy of my BI did I realize the seriousness and gravity of the my initial mistakes in completing the SF-86.  It is ironic, however, in that after reviewing a copy of my BI, I noticed things that were not true and am confused as to how something that wasn't accurate or true became part of the final summary on me.  I am unsure if there is an appeal process, but don't think so because I believe if there were, I would have been notified of it by the FBI.  It bothers me that I apply for a position with the FBI, and after submitting my application, I am rejected because of the way I completed my SF-86.  So now, not only do I have a rejection from the FBI, but I have an investigative file on me that is not 100 percent accurate filled with a number of derogatory assessments of my character.  Had I not applied for this position in the first place, I would not have to worry about this permanent derogatory FBI record that will always follow me.   

IP Logged

Polygrapher said I did not fail

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X