Normal Topic The test is about to begin, The test has ended (Read 3483 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Eraines
New User

The test is about to begin, The test has ended
Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
What is the purpose of them saying "the test is about to begin during an R\I test?" They say it the end as well... are they looking for responses to these statements? Are they compared to the Relevant? 

I get that responses to any relevant questions will raise an eye brow, especially if you respond to specific questions every time. But what are they comparing them to?

Is it ok to take your time when answering each question?  is taking your time make them think you are trying to hide something? 

When you are asked a question and you respond physically before even answering.. is that what they are looking for?
Or are you responding during the answer.. or are they looking for any response ANYWHERE during the question\answer?

I'm sure other folks have these questions as well.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: The test is about to begin, The test has ended
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:54pm
I think you are "over thinking".

What you should be thinking is "This is ridiculous.  This machine can't measure if I am lying or not.  What a joke!  Anyway, whatever.  Hmm, what should I have for lunch today?  MD or KFC?  Here comes another question...."

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Eraines
New User

Reply #2 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 3:58pm
TM, have you passed or failed.. have you taken a few polys?

I think you are right about me over thinking.. I was prescribed xanax recently.. should that along with me knowing the test is complete BS help?

The lunch question is funny.. I think I'll use that.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 11:36pm
I've took NSA polygraph in 1995 and passed.  Took two polygraphs for NSA in 2000 and failed.

It's not just a matter of "thinking" the polygraph is bullshit, you have to actually "believe" it.  It is a matter of what your "unconscious" mind has been programed to believe.  Remember, your unconscious controls the autonomic nervous system responses that the polygraph actually measures.   

Best thing would be to not care one way or the other if you react or not.  Nothing you can do to control reactions (or unconscious body language for that matter).  You will either react or not.

If you don't react, then good.  If they tell you you are reacting, it could be true or they could be lying to you to try and get you talking.  Either way, their goal is to get info out of you they can use to disqualify you if you happen to be reacting.  Their mistaken premise is that consistent reactions =  Decption.  During the Salem Witch Trials if the bitch sank when dunked in a pond, the bitch twas a witch. Make the wench confess to her sins!!!

Answer questions to the point and nothing more.  Don't answer open questions.  Example, "Tell me about your trip to bumcrappity smack Argentina in 2003."  That is NOT a question.  Ask them "What would you like to know? Or What do you mean?".

Incidently, during the poly I passed in 1995, they tried the old "what could possibly be bothering you?" ruse.  At the time, I didn't know it was a ruse and I steadfastly maintained that NOTHING was bothering me.  I suggested that maybe I was reacting because he said I was having trouble with THAT question, so wouldn't it be logical for me to react every time that question came up.  He then changed the question.  I think I must have been onto something, because he quickly shrugged that off, and changed the subject.

Anyway, the more you care, the more you worry, the more you worry, the more likely you will react.   So try not to care.  Read chapter 4 of TLBTLD.

Good luck,

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

The test is about to begin, The test has ended

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X