Normal Topic I didn't LIE! (Read 2695 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box briansterling
New User

I didn't LIE!
Oct 9th, 2009 at 4:29am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Please Help. The only thing that I've ever wanted to do it to be a cop. I got sidetracked with college but decided to apply 4 months ago. I had a short time with the local Sheriff's dept as a dispatcher (passed a VSA) and bowed out because talking to 5 different people at once was beyond me.

I passed every test with flying colors and they told me I basically had the job till I got to the Polygraph. When they read me the results they said I had stressed out on the "Have you ever stolen from a previous Employer" question. I assured them I had never stole anything (which I haven't) but they insisted.

So now my application is in jeopardy because they said they're not going to recommend me b/c of it. I told them everything in all honesty and held nothing back. What do I do? I still want to be a cop but I don't know if I have any options.

I'm getting together letters from previous employers vouching for my character but I have no idea if it's just wasted effort.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: I didn't LIE!
Reply #1 - Oct 9th, 2009 at 1:32pm
Apply at a LE agency that does NOT require a polygraph.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Knightshaiid
User

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 1:38am
Yeah, what the other guy said. 

If you do apply to another agency that polygraphs, download 'The Lie Behind The Lie Detector' off this site, and learn how to beat it. This way, the next time you tell the truth, you'll be believed.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box RuinedOverCVSA
New User

Reply #3 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 6:06pm
I failed on the exact same question too and i've never stolen ANYTHING from an employer 

Now I have two different "Lie detector" tests I've failed and i've failed on one totally different question both times !! 

Such a crock of shit.  Can't wait to see what I fail on the third try !!

IP Logged

I didn't LIE!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X