Normal Topic Just took LE CVSA for Sheriff (Read 3114 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box liarliar13
New User

Just took LE CVSA for Sheriff
Sep 10th, 2009 at 3:46pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
At the begining he of course acted like he was my friend, this was not believed, of course.
He then said that my BI was complete and that He, was confused about, why I was working already and required to take the CVSA. ?????(cart before the Horse,Phrase)
Background is= I am currently in the training phase of employement(Academy).
He then stated that the results would be a bases for my continued employment and that it was his job to insure that I pass. (RIGHT!) I could smell what he was shoveling.
He played the BS game of not having my file and knowing about me; therfore, he proceeded to ask his 100 questions of LE qualifiers. 
I have never used drugs, Only Drink Socially, and have absolutely no criminal history. Hell, I feel like a criminal when I get a Traffic ticket.
I have taken 6 Polygraphs before and not passes one yet.  They make me anxious and nervous, due to that fact  the employment decision was based on his findings and not the background investigator. If your BI is clean, but the PI/CVSA guy thinks you are deceptive, you do not get the job. no wonder cities & counties go BK.
Anyway, he focused on the typical crap, Drugs, Alcohol, Paperwork omittions, new info, criminal history, & employement.
I was a Firefighter for 9 years and never took a poly/CVSA to get that job. WHY??????
He tested me three times, Silent and two Exams.
He then said that it was over and that I was free to leave.
I asked him if I passed and he replied, "well another persons needs to review this exam before we offer a Pass/Fail." WHAT????
I responded, how will I know?
He said, "well, If you get pulled out of class, then you will know"
I then said, How long before I know the results?
He said, "There is no telling."
WHAT?????
Who puts a Sheriff Cadet in an academy for 20 weeks and 3 weeks prior to graduation, even considers releasing them????
I am in the top 10 in my class!!!
Are these guys Ametures?
I have spent THOUSANDS of dollars and lost a job for this crap!!!!!
This guy knows more about me than my wife and kids!!!!
My gut, tells me that this guy will fail me. WHY?????
Obviously a sociopathic liar can also pass this canary test.
Doesn't this expose the cops for both good and bad?
We have cops out here getting busted for DUI, Rape, Sex Assualt on the job.  How do they get hired???? I would never do those things.
seriuosly, Do BI only send out the reference questionaire, verify employment, criminal history, and leave the rest for this canary employee test?
I have had no activity with my friends or family in regards to the BI for 6 months.
I have never met my BI or even Know his name!!!
What a JOKE!  How will this end Dorathy?
Yeah, I am Pissed. I have never been so miss treated.

I will keep you guys informed.  Graduation is in 3 weeks.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box landers
New User

Re: Just took LE CVSA for Sheriff
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2009 at 1:32pm
They may not be Ametures, but you can bet that they are Amateurs:)

"We have cops out here getting busted for DUI..."
Unfortunately, they passed the polygraph interrogation.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nomopolys4me
New User

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2009 at 11:22pm
Until people in your shoes decide to sue the departments for the tort of negligent infliction of emotional distress, intentional inflection of emotional stress, or in your case, possibly the tort of outrage, these departments will continue to use this arbitrary and capricious manner of assessing a person's truthfulness.

good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Katelyn Sack
User

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2009 at 12:44am
Aren't negligence and IIED (intentional infliction of emotional distress, aka the tort of outrage) two distinct torts?  

Also, given the wealth of information on this site it might be easy to miss the mundo filings page:  https://antipolygraph.org/litigation.shtml.   The "this is wrong so let's redress it in the courts" gambit has been done.  

Expert polygraphers, false-positive victims, researchers, and policy-makers have testified before the Congress and Senate, spoken at length to the press, and talked their faces blue in court.  Time for new tactics.  

Please write to your representatives, and contact me if you decide to tell your story on film:  katelyn.sack at gmail.com. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box liarliar13
New User

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2009 at 2:57am
Well, thanks to all of you who responded. 
I was told on Wednesday by the command staff that my employer has cleared my background and that I had passed the CVSA.  So, I am relieved.  I will graduate with a job and moving on into law enforcement.
I am still unsettled about how I was treated by management.  I contact all the persons that I listed in my background and employers, none of them even knew about the BI.  Still confused, but I will remain tight lipped for now.  I will have a turn to speak to someone.  I was told by another cadet that he was accused of all sorts of things by the same dept., He mentioned that he even chuckled at one of the interogation questions.  His previous military history was also being questioned.  what idiots.  They passed him as well.
Thanks alot to all. Cheesy

IP Logged

Just took LE CVSA for Sheriff

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X