Normal Topic Personal Information (Read 6989 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Tron
New User

Personal Information
Jul 8th, 2009 at 2:59am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

"Be aware that polygraph operators also read the discussions on this message board. If you wish to remain anonymous, be careful not to post enough personal detail that you could be identified (for example, the exact date of your polygraph examination). For better anonymity, use an anonymous proxy such as Proxify.com or the Tor anonymous Internet communication system. If you find this message board interesting, please tell a friend!"

I would request that the administrator would change this to a more accurate warning.  It should be noted that this website will also post your personal information if you have a dissenting opinion.   The point of doing this is simply to embarrass you and unfortunately there are people here that applaud this type of abuse and cowardness.  

Make believe science is better than make believe integrity.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: Personal Information
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 3:40am
I thought you said you had made your "last post"?    Sad

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 5:24am
T.M. Cullen wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 3:40am:
I thought you said you had made your "last post"?    Sad

Well I guess it wouldn't be the first time someone on this site has lied.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 5:27am
It's also a legitimate claim.   

I hope the countermeasures work out for you guys, take care.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 6:21am
Tron wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 2:59am:

"Be aware that polygraph operators also read the discussions on this message board. If you wish to remain anonymous, be careful not to post enough personal detail that you could be identified (for example, the exact date of your polygraph examination). For better anonymity, use an anonymous proxy such as Proxify.com or the Tor anonymous Internet communication system. If you find this message board interesting, please tell a friend!"

I would request that the administrator would change this to a more accurate warning.  It should be noted that this website will also post your personal information if you have a dissenting opinion.   The point of doing this is simply to embarrass you and unfortunately there are people here that applaud this type of abuse and cowardness.  

It's simply not the case that AntiPolygraph.org routinely discloses personal information regarding those who disagree with us. All points of view are welcome. Anonymity is welcome. But trolling is not. Those who choose to troll these forums risk being named and shamed.

It's clear that your purpose here is not to engage in any meaningful discussion of polygraph matters, but to post flamebait and denigrate others. You were warned about this before. Now you have been banned.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box At work
New User

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 3:53am
Is this true?  Do you guys really do this?  WTF, so if someone doesn't like you or agree with you, then you post their stuff on the forum,

that is not right

This is sad if true.   

I just read that the guys that have been banned have been named, this is classless.

No wonder there will never be a change in the industry, people like George who allow this are obviously just trying to blame others for their failing to pass their poly's

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 5:50am
AntiPolygraph.org has reason to conclude that posts by "At work" and Tron share a common authorship. "At work has likewise been banned.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 4:42pm
This person is really a proponent of troll's rights.

I wonder if "Tron" would have an issue if PolygraphPlace.com did the same thing to people who continued to troll and post flame-bait after repeated bannings?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 9:49pm
To be fair, Sargeant, I'm not aware of anyone polygraphplace has outed.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2009 at 10:52pm
pailryder wrote on Jul 10th, 2009 at 9:49pm:
To be fair, Sargeant, I'm not aware of anyone polygraphplace has outed.

Neither am I.  My apologies if my post came across as implying any such thing.

I was wondering if the same people who have such a problem with the naming of trolls who continue to come back and post flame-bait after repeated bannings would have the same problem if the same thing happened on a board to which they belonged.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drz
New User

Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:13pm
From what I have seen polygraphplace.com is run in a more professional manner than this site.  I don't see why people here are so vindictive to allow the release of private names and work places.

Seems very unprofessional.  The activities of this site defeats the purpose intended and that is too bad.

Very unprofessional.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drz
New User

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:34pm
George W. Maschke wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 6:21am:
Tron wrote on Jul 8th, 2009 at 2:59am:

It's simply not the case that AntiPolygraph.org routinely discloses personal information regarding those who disagree with us. All points of view are welcome. Anonymity is welcome. But trolling is not. Those who choose to troll these forums risk being named and shamed.

It's clear that your purpose here is not to engage in any meaningful discussion of polygraph matters, but to post flamebait and denigrate others. You were warned about this before. Now you have been banned.

I think the point here is though that it's done at all, and that is not right.  You should never do that, it's about trust and you yourself have posted that warning on the top of the screen to use proxify to hamper this effort but to think that you would allow this behavior is very sad.

I thought the purpose of this site was to change the system but instead this site gives the system reason not to change.  It seems to me to be very deceptive on your part to allow this.  Seems hypocritical. 

I was hoping the polygraph organizations would change but if this is the competition and voice of reason then they never will.

It's behavior like this that makes the fight harder for those of us who actually have been victimized by polygraphs because now we know it's going to take someone else to speak up for us to be taken seriously. 

Antipolygraph.org should have the stance of NEVER posting any information about it's users.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2009 at 10:50pm
Drz,

I understand, but reject, your critique of regarding AntiPolygraph.org's policy of selectively naming and shaming trolls. If that causes you to choose not to post here, so be it. You may wish to start an alternative polygraph discussion forum with moderation policies more to your liking.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 3:50am
Readers,

It has been many years that I have monitored this website.  This is the most lenient, open, and accommodating site to proponents of polygraph usage.

No one forces anyone to post here.  Opinions are tolerated and censorship is minimal.  I dare any pro-polygraph site to be so tolerate of opposing views without censorship or deletions.

I am always amazed that when the word "polygraph" is typed in a Google search engine, this site comes up as the number one hit except for those who pay to advertise.

Look at all the Federal hiring questions that are posted on this site.  Applicants are desperately trying to get information not available anywhere else on the net.  This site is not designed to answer applicant questions but I feel that more general information is available here than on any government site concerning the process.  This is a sad comment on the information provided to potential applicants for government jobs.

Regards.

IP Logged

Personal Information

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X