Normal Topic Polygraph:life ruiner (Read 9526 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kristy
New User

Polygraph:life ruiner
Jun 18th, 2009 at 9:53pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My husband and I were best friends for 5 years before we started to date.  We always had something special and we knew it. I moved away to Oregon and we drifted apart, then one day he called and proposed. I moved back down and the rest was history.   

Throught our marriage, we've had some rough times where I'd stay at my mom's or a friends.  From day one, he would always have insecurities about me with other men. I would constantly reassure him that I would never cheat and that he was the only one for me.  We fought about the questions as they were constant and unpleasant. It got so bad that he wouldn't let me leave the house without him or his mother. 

So finally he asked If i'd take a lie detector test. I acceped with the fullest of confidence. The cheating part would be a breaze. I asked what he'd ask and he said it would be some stuff about cheeting and smoking, and drugs.  I came clean about smoking that morning prior to the test and was fully confident about the test after that.

The polygraph examiner asked me the questions and I answered. At the end of the exam I told him my mind says things contrary and plays trick on me durring the test . He said the test would know.  We left that day and I was so confident, even cocky. I was giggly about my husbands insecurity.

This morning he called for the results and to my shock, my husband said they ALL came back showing deciet!  I feel like my world is crashing down on me. I don't know what to do. I want to take another test for him but Im scared that the next one will do the same thing!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Re: Polygraph:life ruiner
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 12:19am
kristy

Have your husband to research this site and learn what a voo doo sham the polygraph is. If he continues to believe in it then i would suggest his accusations is nothing but a smoke screen to hide his own infidelty.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2009 at 1:21am
Unfortunately, people have to learn the TRUTH about the polygraph THE HARD WAY.

I know I did!

As for your husband.  Obsessively keeping "tabs" on your whereabouts, and trying to control you is a form of spousal abuse.  That is how OJ Simpson got started!

Have you considered getting marriage counseling?  Wouldn't that be better than relying on "voodoo" science, or getting advice by watching "Dr Phil"?  Sorry if i sound condescending. 

TC

« Last Edit: Jun 19th, 2009 at 3:07am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 7:55am
Thanks for the replys.  That day my husband went to jail for dui and I haven't talked to him about the poly since.  I am in a rut on how I convince him that I never cheated.  I called the examiner that day after we got the results and asked  him if I lied on the control questions too and he said no.  Then the bastard told me if I want my marriage to work, come clean and lay everything out on the table.  I also found that someone else was complaining about him on ripoffreport.com.  His name is Marty Egert and he made me feel like I was guilty the second my husband called him for the initial consultation.  I have never disliked someone so bad.  Please send advise...thx.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 3:30pm
kristy

When you do talk to him tell him to visit this website. I stand by my first post.

The only suggestion that I have is both of you schedule an appointment with a marriage counslor. Just one is not good enough. It takes both. Jealousy is about the worst thing that can happen in a marriage. I have stayed married to the same gal for 56 years because there is no jealousy on either side. Neither of us has given the other cause to be jealous of the other and we are both good looking. LOL

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 4:45pm
lol thanks, sometimes I wish I was a little uglier and fatter for that reason.  I just had very strict parents, so nowadays when I'm accused of something, I feel guilt that I shouldn't.  I'm pretty sure that's why I failed.  I need to be stronger and stand up to myself to my husband. If he doesn't trust me, then we don't need to be together...

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 6:16pm
Kristy,

Is this the same guy?

http://advancedpolygraph.com/info.htm

Sounds like he is full of beans.  The polygraph does  NOT detect truthfulness.  Did he claim is does?  That is a pop cultural myth.  The polygraph simply measures changes in a person's level of nervous arousal when asked questions.  Deception is only one possible cause for a "reaction".

Take the above advice and seek a marriage counselor.  Don't put the "success of your marriage" in the hands of polygraph operators, fortune tellers, witch doctors, soothsayers, hucksters or other scheisters.  Seek help from a professional educated and trained in improving relationships.

TC
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2009 at 6:38pm by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 1:29am
Yes! That's him.  Why did he make me feel like I was guilty even before the test?  He told my husband to talk where he was alone on the initial consultation.  And when my husband told me the results the next day I was reacting "exactly like the examiner said I'd act"  I have never disliked someone so much.   

But yes, he told me the polygraph was 99% accurate, he told me the machine would be able to tell the difference between nervousness and lies.  He told me that if I moved it could make the test deceptive...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 3:41am
Kristy,

You didn't fail because of how you were raised. You failed because you were evaluated with an invalid "test" that is not grounded in the principles of science.

Polygraph tests themselves are inherently "deceptive" whether the examinee moves or not. Again, polygraphy is not a scientific practice but rather an interrogation that depends on trickery.

Have you read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector? It is available free from this Web site.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #9 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 8:24pm
Thanks.  Yeah, I skimmed thru the book a bit.  I just wish I did before I took the test.  I really got myself in a rut and my marriage may end in a divorse as a result.  I can't help but to have the worst thoughts of hate for the examiner.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #10 - Jul 2nd, 2009 at 2:17am
I am sure Mr. Egert had you sign a well crafted legal waiver prior to the test to cover his arse, and hold him harmless to any ill effect the results of his  pseudo scientific test ends up having on your marriage.

TC

IP Logged

New User

Reply #11 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 7:44am
Yup he sure did. and my husband is beggingme to take another test...life really sucks thanks to that stupid polygraph.  Ignorant people can be so stupid.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #12 - Jul 3rd, 2009 at 2:02pm
kristy

If your husband is that jealous and stupid about the polygraph, (refusing to even research it) then you should dump him now. He will never change. I don't think you want to go through like this.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #13 - Jul 4th, 2009 at 6:38am
Kristy,

I have two things for you to consider.

1.  Mr. Egert claimed the test is 99% accurate.  That's pretty darn accurate!  If that is true, then why does he need to RETEST you?  Did he screw it up the first time?  Actually, he probably wants to see you again, because you didn't admit to anything, or volunteer enough information.  You see, the polygraph is not a test, but an INTERROGATION disguised as a test.  The purpose of an interrogation is to elicit information.

2.  We used to have a private polygrapher (retired police detective) named Ed "E.B." Van Arsdale (Ponca City, OK) who used to post here under numerous aliases.  After being exposed, I went to his web site.  Some of his clients are defense attorneys who have clients who've been asked to take POLICE polygraphs.  On his website, he recommends the following  to those planning to take police polygraphs:

a)  If the examiner becomes "accusatory" or "aggressive", STOP THE TEST!

b) Do NOT submit to a "post test" interrogation.  This is where a person is  badgered into making an admission after having ALLEGEDLY failed the test.  Did you know that many private polygraphers are former police detectives/interrogators?

So if you DO decide to take the test again, take this polygrapher's above advice.  Just go in and allow him to explain what the questions are going to be, let him strap you up administer the test , then bid him a fond farewell and LEAVE!    

If he wonders why, don't argue with him, just calmly and politely tell him you are simply following the advice of an experience polygrapher.  You've cooperated with him, he has his near perfectly accurate charts, tah tah!

TC

IP Logged

Polygraph:life ruiner

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X