Normal Topic the idiotic cvsa... (Read 11868 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box killroyxx3
New User

the idiotic cvsa...
Jun 9th, 2009 at 8:00am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So george and friends I would like some advice, anyones advice is welcome but I mostly like to hear from george... so this stupid idiotic detective wants me to take a cvsa upon his call, and I had no clue what the thing was, the detective just said its the most accurate, scientific, amazing lie detector test out there lol ha ha... so I did a hell of a lot of research and became a member to now my favorite website (antipolygraph.org) and found out it is the most in accurate piece of crap made by that croc dr. Humble, anyway george someone asked you awhile ago what exactly to say when asked to take the test, and what you replied to him was genius, it was polite but still putting my foot down and letting him know I know what a piece of garbage his cvsa is, could ya help me out to remember or just help me out on what to say, thank you much appreciated

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: the idiotic cvsa...
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 5:18pm
I'm not sure which post of mine you're referring to, but I think you would be wise to politely but firmly decline the CVSA "test" and not speak with anyone from the police without a lawyer present. If you don't yet have a lawyer, I think you should at least consult one with expertise in criminal defense, as it appears that you are under active criminal investigation.

If asked why you're refusing the CVSA, and you do have a lawyer, you should be able to state that your lawyer has advised against it. If you don't have a lawyer, you can briefly explain that you've researched CVSA and learned that it's not reliable. And you can mention this site if you like. But it would be a mistake to allow yourself to get drawn into a debate over your decision.

Regarding why you should not speak with investigators whether or not a CVSA (or other lie detector) is employed, see these presentations by law professor James Duane and police interrogator George Bruch:

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2009 at 6:52pm
kilroyxx3

Also look at he thread just above this one. Even the maker of the CVSA says it's not a lie dector.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2009 at 10:19pm
Thank you for your help, the detective called me Friday afternoon and asked if id come in and I politely declined and told him I did a lot of research and found that the cvsa is not reliable and NOT a lie detector test, also I consulted with my lawyer and consulted me to not take it either and that nobodday, absolutely nobody has to take the test and it wouldn't be smart to, so the detective accepted my reply and asked if I still will come in Monday and talk to him, I said it would be fine and I'm going in there at nine tomorrow, is that wise?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #4 - Jun 15th, 2009 at 12:56am
NOT without your lawyer. Didn't you view the above videos? If they had hard evidence on you, you wouldn't be asked to come in. You would have already been arrested.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 6:28am
God I love antipolygraph.org! I've learned so much from this amazing website, so if lie detectors and cvsa test aren't admisable is court and are the exact oposite of science, why do they still even exist?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #6 - Jun 16th, 2009 at 5:15pm
killroyxx3 wrote on Jun 16th, 2009 at 6:28am:
God I love antipolygraph.org! I've learned so much from this amazing website, so if lie detectors and cvsa test aren't admisable is court and are the exact oposite of science, why do they still even exist?

Thanks for the kind words.

These "tests" (actually interrogations in disguide) still exist for a simple reason.

While lie detector "tests" do not have validity, they still have tremendous utility

They are a very powerful intimidation prop that is extremely effective in eliciting confessions from those ignorant of how the "tests"actually work.

This utility is fast decreasing as more and more people become aware of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector."
« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2009 at 3:59am by G Scalabr »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Al
New User

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 2:53pm
I'm a new member and not certain of the format for new posts, but here goes. I recently interviewed for a civilian position with a law enforcement agency. I met with two LEOs, in a dimly lit room,one of whom sat, looking at his lap, and asking only one question during, about a 20 minute interview. The othe officer was the primary interviewer. I was not selected - not a problem. Question: Is it legal to use a portable voice stress analyzer, without notifying the interview subject? The reject letter I received stated that another applicant had been selected - not a more qualified, educated, or experienced applicant. I'm moving to supposition, but are these devices used to disqualify individuals for other reasons, i.e., age bias? I am pursuing the reason for disqualification through the proper channels, as I have successfully performed this type of work in the past, and there were 7 positions open. Any answer reference law will be appreciated. Thank you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ecordy75
New User

the idiotic cvsa...
Reply #8 - Oct 18th, 2009 at 5:51pm
The police officer at 19:50 admits that they are allowed to lie during an interrogation.  This proves the claims of those who say it is illegal to lie to get a government job to be false.  Government jobs ARE lying.

IP Logged

the idiotic cvsa...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X