Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Tried Countermeasurs and Screwed Yourself? Sue Maschke and Scalabrini (Read 15549 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Tried Countermeasurs and Screwed Yourself? Sue Maschke and Scalabrini
May 11th, 2009 at 3:07pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
As an experienced polygraph examiner, I've seen firsthand what often happens when an examinee takes the poor advice in George Maschke's and Gino Scalabrini's little book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.  If your career dreams have been ruined because you took George's and Gino's  faulty advice, perhaps you should consider suing the authors.  Maschke and Scalabrini have no actual experience, training or qualifications to offer advice on how to pass a polygraph exam, and their little book contains no warning or indemnity statement for unsuspecting readers.  Here's what the National Academy of Science said regarding The Lie Behind the Lie Detector  's advice regarding countermeasures: 

Authors such as Maschke and Williams suggest that effective countermeasure strategies can be easily learned and that a small amount of practice is enough to give examinees an excellent chance of “beating” the polygraph. Because the effective application of mental or physical countermeasures on the part of examinees would require skill in distinguishing between relevant and comparison questions, skill in regulating physiological response, and skill in concealing countermeasures from trained examiners, claims that it is easy to train examinees to “beat” both the polygraph and trained examiners require scientific supporting evidence to be credible. 

However, we are not aware of any such research. There is also evidence that innocent examinees using some countermeasures in an effort to increase the probability that they will “pass” the exam produce physiological reactions that have the opposite effect, either because their countermeasures are detected or because their responses appear more rather than less deceptive. The available evidence does not allow us to determine whether innocent examinees can increase their chances of achieving nondeceptive outcomes by using countermeasures.

The only experience Maschke has with the polygraph is that he failed EVERY relevant question on an FBI screening exam, which is, in my experience, unheard of.  Would any right-minded person put their trust in someone with no polygraph experience or training other than having failed the polygraph?  If you think so, you're a fool.

If you've failed a polygraph due to your attempts to implement the faulty advice found in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector and on this website, you have legal recourse.  Take it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Tried Countermeasurs and Screwed Yourself? Sue Maschke and Scalabrini
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2009 at 5:23pm
LieBabyCryBaby,

The polygraph community's claimed ability to detect polygraph countermeasures would be more credible if you and your colleagues were to provide evidence to support such claims. To date, no polygrapher has demonstrated any ability to reliably detect the kinds of countermeasures outlined in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector at better than chance levels of accuracy.

If you're going to cite the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) report, please do so honestly. I see you have again posted your doctored citation. But as I pointed out in another thread where you posted this, the NAS report does not assert that use of the countermeasures outlined in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector by innocent persons results in an increased risk of their failing the polygraph.

It's true that I failed every relevant question on my FBI polygraph--despite having answered them all truthfully. But it's not true that that is my only experience with the polygraph. I also had the experience of being falsely accused of using polygraph countermeasures by one of the LAPD's senior polygraph operators. At the time, I did not even know what polygraph countermeasures are. Those who are interested can learn more about the experience that led me to co-found AntiPolygraph.org in my personal statement, "Too Hot of a Potato: A Citizen-Soldier's Encounter With the Polygraph."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2009 at 10:26pm
What recourse is there for those people who told the truth on their polygraph, did not use countermeasures, and still failed?  The satisfaction of knowing that, though they may have failed, at least they told the truth and didn't do any math problems in their head?

Can examinees who told the truth and failed sue the polygraph operator?  After all, when I failed my polygraphs I did so while answering all questions truthfully and while diligently following all of the operator's instructions.  Using the same logic as the original poster, wouldn't the polygraph operator be to blame for my polygraph failure?

With regards to the original post, I think there would have to be some way of proving that someone who used countermeasures and failed would have definitely passed if they had told the truth without using countermeasures.  If the polygraph industry cannot do that, and we all know they can't, then how can they claim a book or a website an examinee used is to blame for their polygraph failure?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 12th, 2009 at 12:10am
George, there is no evidence and no research to show that the countermeasures you advocate in your little book work as you claim, nor is there any reason to doubt the NAS' statement that countermeasures may actually increase an examinee's appearance of being deceptive.

All it would take for an examinee to sue you for making false claims regarding the polygraph and countermeasures is for them to be accused of countermeasures by an examiner and then an admission that they were doing what you told them would work.  You see, when it is determined that an examinee attempted countermeasures on a polygraph exam, it is an integrity issue for any department or agency of which I am aware, and the examinee is often summarily disqualified and dismissed from the job application process.  Remember, we live in a country where people can file a lawsuit over just about anything; filing a lawsuit against someone like yourself who portrays himself as an expert in the polygraph process, despite no formal training or certification in the subject, and who distributes a book full of misinformation (mixed in with some truth) with no disclaimer, no indemnity statement, no curriculum vitae, and no warning regarding the possible (I say probable) adverse consequences of using that information, should be quite easy for a determined person to do.  I'm surprised that no one has successfully sued Doug Williams as well, especially since he actually SELLS his little manual of misinformation.

Sergeant, when a person takes a polygraph exam, he/she signs a consent form. The polygraph is a required part of the job application process in most police departments and federal agencies. There is no recourse for someone who, like yourself, failed multiple polygraph exams in a job application process. I'm sure you signed consent forms for each of your polygraphs, correct? Also, unlike you, George, Gino, and others on this website who make claims you have no business making regarding a process in which you have no actual experience, polygraph examiners are trained and certified in the process, so they are qualified to conduct exams and render professional opinions and advice.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.Cullen
User

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2009 at 12:46am
Quote:
All it would take for an examinee to sue you for making false claims regarding the polygraph and countermeasures is for them to be accused of countermeasures by an examiner and then an admission that they were doing what you told them would work.

Mr. Crybaby,

You are not a lawyer and have NO EXPERIENCE in the law.  You shouldn't portray yourself as some sort of legal expert when you are just a polygraph operator.  One must be licensed by a local bar to give legal advise.  You could be arrested for giving legal advice without a license.  Or course, you have't the courage to spout your nonsense under your real name  to protect your identity.  Probably a good thing.

TC

P.S.  The subject line of this new thread you've started is very childish and is proof you are not here for serious debate.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #5 - May 12th, 2009 at 12:56am
No lawyer portrayal here, Cullen. But if I were an polygraph examinee foolish enough to have read TLBTLD and attempted its advice only to end up failing as a direct result, I'd consider suing George. As I said, the United States is a country where people can file a lawsuit about anything.  And they often win.

IP Logged

User

Reply #6 - May 12th, 2009 at 12:59am
Quote:
No lawyer portrayal here, Cullen.

You have no legal experience. 

TC

IP Logged

User

Reply #7 - May 12th, 2009 at 1:05am
Quote:
Sergeant 1107, T. Cullen, T.M. Cullen, Getrealalready:  Do you consider yourselves more qualified or less qualified than George or Gino to to render criticism, training, or advice regarding Polygraph, Polygraph Countermeasures, Polygraph Research, and Interview/Interrogation procedures?

Do you think the NAS is qualified to render criticism of the polygraph?  Especially, in light of the APA's claim that the polygraph is scientifically valid.

Congress apparently did.  After all, they have ACTUAL doctoral degrees, not phoney  Ph'Ds like you find in the field of polygraphy.  In a similar vein, many 'snake oil" salesmen in the old west proferred the title of "Doctor" to themselves.

We need to expose all pseudo-sciences for what they are.  How many Aldrich Ames, or "Green River" killers are we going to let go because "Well, they passed the polygraph..."?

TC

P.S.  I hope you will take GM up on his invitation for you to start a thread in the appropriate section to point out the inaccuracies in TLBTLD.  If GM is so lacking in qualifications, it should be very easy for you to point these out in his book.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - May 12th, 2009 at 2:55am
Cullen, I don't need to go through a point-by-point critique of TLBTLD.  Some of it is taken directly from polygraph manuals used by polygraph examiners, and some of it references questionable lab studies that can't be applied to the field, although they are actual studies by reputable researchers.  I've already stated that the little book contains some truth and some good information.

However, George takes a good little information booklet and then dives off a cliff with it.  Because of his personal vendetta against the polygraph, due to his having failed every relevant question on an FBI exam, he takes that dive by claiming that he knows how to "beat" the polygraph, and then he hits rock bottom when he counsels others how to do so, despite his own lack of experience, training or qualifications.

Seriously, Cullen, look at it this way:

Is any intelligent person who has nothing to hide going to come to a website like this and take the advice of people who only FAILED a polygraph--or in your case multiple polygraphs--and who have never passed a polygraph by using the countermeasures they advocate? If I tell you that you can survive a plane crash by jumping up in the air just a split second before the plane hits the ground, are you going to try it? Are you going to put your hand in a box with a large snake you haven't identified just because someone you don't know tells you that the snake is not poisonous, especially when they won't put their own hand in the box?  It's easy to tell others what they should do when you don't have to suffer the consequences yourself.

Which brings us back to a question I've asked multiple times on this forum: Where are all the people who read TLBTLD, lie to the relevant questions, and pass the polygraph by using the countermeasures advocated by George, Gino, and all of you sycophants who follow them around?  We never hear from those people, do we?  You can say, "Well, they don't post that information here because they might get caught."  That's a lame excuse, especially since this is a very anonymous forum--I'm proof of that anonymity myself.

George failed every relevant question on his FBI exam because he attempted spontaneous countermeasures and it backfired on him.  In all my experience, I can think of only one other reason why someone with no experience would fail EVERY relevant question, since that is unheard of--and that is that the person actually lied to every relevant question.  I don't believe that George was lying to every relevant question--no one is THAT involved in nefarious behavior.  Studies show that spontaneous countermeasures can increase a person's appearance of deceptiveness.  In short, George screwed himself, and now he is unwittinly screwing others, and I've seen it firsthand in the polygraph room.

Since there are no studies and no evidence that countermeasures work, and no witnesses to attest that they do, isn't it completely ignorant for you and others like you to claim, as if you are experts in the matter, that they work?

TLBTLD contains no curriculum vitae, no indemnity clause, and no warning from its authors that the advice they give may cause serious harm.  Add to that dearth of credibility George's own statement that the information is not infallible, and you end up with the "snake oil" you love so much.

I know you can't back down from your ridiculous, ignorant claims because you, like George, have invested too much of your time and effort into the anti-polygraph "cause," that to admit your ignorance and desist in your faulty advice would just about kill you. As far as wasted time invested in this forum, I'm a fine one to talk, since I have recently spent too much time here talking to people like you who don't have a leg to stand on simply for the sake of my own entertainment and to counsel gullible readers who might actually swallow what you're all shoveling here.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #9 - May 12th, 2009 at 4:00am
LieBabyCryBaby wrote on May 12th, 2009 at 2:55am:
...I don't need to go through a point-by-point critique of TLBTLD....

To date, you haven't made any specific specific criticism of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, preferring to speak in generalities instead. I stand by what we've written.

Quote:
However, George takes a good little information booklet and then dives off a cliff with it.  Because of his personal vendetta against the polygraph, due to his having failed every relevant question on an FBI exam, he takes that dive by claiming that he knows how to "beat" the polygraph, and then he hits rock bottom when he counsels others how to do so, despite his own lack of experience, training or qualifications.

What motivates me is not a "personal vendetta against the polygraph" but justified concern over the serious harm that misplaced official reliance on the pseudoscience of polygraphy is causing to national security, public safety, and individuals.

Quote:
Which brings us back to a question I've asked multiple times on this forum: Where are all the people who read TLBTLD, lie to the relevant questions, and pass the polygraph by using the countermeasures advocated by George, Gino, and all of you sycophants who follow them around?  We never hear from those people, do we?  You can say, "Well, they don't post that information here because they might get caught."  That's a lame excuse, especially since this is a very anonymous forum--I'm proof of that anonymity myself.

The vast majority (>99%) of those who download The Lie Behind the Lie Detector never post to this forum, nor do they contact AntiPolygraph.org by other means. But the feedback that we have received privately over the more than eight years that AntiPolygraph.org has been on-line does not support the view that polygraphers can reliably detect countermeasures, or that countermeasures are ineffective.

Quote:
George failed every relevant question on his FBI exam because he attempted spontaneous countermeasures and it backfired on him.

Yesterday you stated this as conjecture. Today you state it as if it were a fact. You're wrong. I did not use countermeasures of any kind on my FBI pre-employment polygraph examination. I followed the polygrapher's instructions and answered all questions truthfully.

Quote:
In all my experience, I can think of only one other reason why someone with no experience would fail EVERY relevant question, since that is unheard of--and that is that the person actually lied to every relevant question.  I don't believe that George was lying to every relevant question--no one is THAT involved in nefarious behavior.  Studies show that spontaneous countermeasures can increase a person's appearance of deceptiveness.  In short, George screwed himself, and now he is unwittinly screwing others, and I've seen it firsthand in the polygraph room.

However much you may wish to lay the blame for my having failed the polygraph at my feet, the fact of the matter is that I answered all questions truthfully and did not engage in countermeasures of any kind.

Quote:
Since there are no studies and no evidence that countermeasures work, and no witnesses to attest that they do, isn't it completely ignorant for you and others like you to claim, as if you are experts in the matter, that they work?

There are indeed peer-reviewed studies that indicate that countermeasures work. They are referenced in Chapter 4 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. And as we point out in Chapter 1, in a peer-reviewed survey of Society for Psychophysiological Research member opinion, 99% of respondents agreed with the statement, "The CQT can be beaten by augmenting one's response to the control questions."

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #10 - May 12th, 2009 at 9:53am
LieBabyCryBaby wrote on May 12th, 2009 at 12:10am:
Sergeant, when a person takes a polygraph exam, he/she signs a consent form. The polygraph is a required part of the job application process in most police departments and federal agencies. There is no recourse for someone who, like yourself, failed multiple polygraph exams in a job application process. I'm sure you signed consent forms for each of your polygraphs, correct? Also, unlike you, George, Gino, and others on this website who make claims you have no business making regarding a process in which you have no actual experience, polygraph examiners are trained and certified in the process, so they are qualified to conduct exams and render professional opinions and advice.

The consent form?  That's a weak cop-out that simply bypasses the question.

You have asserted that anyone who heeds George's advice and fails should sue him.  For that to make any sense whatsoever you would have be to able to prove that had the examinee not taken George's advice they would have passed the polygraph.   By using the same logic you should agree that any examinee who takes the polygraph operator's advice (i.e. - tell the truth, follow my instructions, etc...) and still fails should have some form recourse in civil court against the examiner.

And I have to agree with an earlier post on this thread that starting such a thread on your part indicates you are not here for any serious discussion.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #11 - May 12th, 2009 at 3:19pm
George wrote: 

Yesterday you stated this as conjecture. Today you state it as if it were a fact. You're wrong. I did not use countermeasures of any kind on my FBI pre-employment polygraph examination. I followed the polygrapher's instructions and answered all questions truthfully.

George, as you should know, the FBI screening exam contains at least SIX relevant issues.  When an examinee fails the exam, it is almost ALWAYS on one or perhaps two relevant questions.  One is the norm, with two being the exception.  Three might occur (and this is my educated and experienced guess) less than once in 1000 exams.  But SIX? I've never even heard of it happening except in your case. It just doesn't happen to an examinee who is honest and not messing around during the exam. The reason it doesn't happen is that when an examinee has an issue or two of great concern to him/her, that is where his/her focus is concentrated on the exam. This focus dampens any minor concern that the examinee might have on other relevant issues.

Now, as I said before, I believe you engaged in spontaneous countermeasures, which you know as well as I do--and research supports this--can cause an examinee to appear more deceptive.  Why do I state it as fact rather than conjecture? Because it's the only reasonable explanation, since the only other possibilities are, first, that you actually lied on ALL of the relevant questions, which I don't believe despite not knowing you personally.  I don't think that any well-qualified, intelligent person, which I assume you to be, has that many skeletons in his closet.

The second possibility for you having failed every relevant question is that for whatever reason--faulty pre-test research on your part or simply assumptions that you were bright enough to figure out--you made those questions more relevant for yourself than they should have been, and you tried to calm yourself whenever a relevant question came up, which backfired on you because you made the relevant questions even stronger.  But of course, this possibility can also be viewed as spontaneous countermeasures, just not to the control questions as would normally be the case in someone attempting countermeasures.

You can sit there and claim that it was the polygraph that was at fault, and you can blame the examiner.  However, no one fails every relevant question on a screening exam without bearing most of the blame himself.

Now, Sergeant, for your silly reasoning.  You state:

For that to make any sense whatsoever you would have be to able to prove that had the examinee not taken George's advice they would have passed the polygraph.

This makes more sense than your, George's and other "anti-" forum regulars' assumption that an innocent person needs to attempt countermeasures to ensure that he/she passes the polygraph exam. Assuming that an innocent examinee (innocent with regard to the relevant issues) is somehow able to effectively control his/her physiology and avoid detection, how can you prove that he/she wouldn't have passed the exam anyhow?  You can't, plain and simple. And as I keep reminding you, the NAS, which you use to support yourself since you have no experience or training of your own, states that countermeasures can cause an examinee to appear more, not less, deceptive.

The innocent examinee increases his or her chances of passing the polygraph by simply following the examiner's instructions and avoiding countermeasure attempts which have no evidence of being effective at all with an innocent examinee.

Which leads us to the question I keep asking, and to which George gave his unsupportable conjecture rather than a cogent answer:

Where are all the GUILTY examinees (guilty with regard to the relevant issues) who used the countermeasures cited in George's little book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, to pass the exam while lying to the relevant issues?  That's right, we never hear from them, do we?  Not even on an anonymous forum.  And George's claim that behind the scenes there are people who have provided "private feedback" that supports TLBTLD is a cop-out.

As an experienced polygraph examiner, I repeat to the reader who might come to this website: The information you obtain from these people, all of whom have absolutely no experience with the polygraph other than having failed one or more polygraphs, is faulty, and you use it at your own peril.  They tell you there's no poisonous snake in the box and to shove your hand in there, yet they won't even put their own hand in the box.  They don't practice what they preach, and they can't support their claims.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #12 - May 12th, 2009 at 5:15pm
LieBabyCryBaby wrote on May 12th, 2009 at 3:19pm:
You can sit there and claim that it was the polygraph that was at fault, and you can blame the examiner.However, no one fails every relevant question on a screening exam without bearing most of the blame himself.

There are other possible explanations that you haven't considered, for example: 1) possibly different scoring criteria in the immediate aftermath of the arrest of CIA spy Aldrich Ames (who beat the polygraph); you'll recall that my FBI polygraph was in 1995, the year after Ames' arrest, and the FBI had just recently implemented its pre-employment polygraph screening program; during this same period hundreds of innocent CIA employees who had trouble passing polygraph screening exams were in "polygraph limbo," 2) examiner error, 3) examiner misconduct.

Again, I answered all relevant questions truthfully and did not use countermeasures of any kind, "spontaneous" or otherwise. In your initial post in this message thread, you suggest that because I failed my FBI polygraph--and a fortiori because I failed every relevant question--that I am not to be trusted. But considering that I told the truth (and a thorough background investigation failed to corroborate any of the polygrapher's accusations of deception) and that the consensus view of the scientific community is that polygraphy has no scientific basis, I say that it is polygraphs -- and those who operate them -- that are not to be trusted.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #13 - May 12th, 2009 at 10:58pm
Nice try, George, but those are not likely possible explanations.  I can assure you that I am well aware of the FBI's scoring criteria since the early 90s, and nothing with regard to test data analysis would explain how you could fail EVERY relevant question on the FBI screening exam. Believe me or not, I can state this for a fact.

Examiner error.  Well, perhaps if the examiner were a private examiner who didn't know what he was doing and hadn't been trained and certified to strict standards as required for all federal polygraph examiners. But even assuming that the FBI's all-time most incompetent examiner conducted your exam, polygraphs at the federal level require a quality control  review of each and every exam. The quality control examiners at the federal level are the best polygraph examiners in their agencies, and surely they would have caught the outlandish examiner error that it would have taken to err on every relevant question. And honestly, do you really think this happened in your case? Despite what you might wish to be fact, and despite what your small group of "anti-" supporters on this website wish to believe, can you honestly say that your examiner came across as incompetent, stupid, or inexperienced?  No, I didn't think so.

Examiner misconduct. That's a very, very strong accusation, George. What would motivate a federal polygraph examiner, who has a cushy position in a renowned government agency, to pick you out of hundreds or even thousands of applicants as the one person to screw with--especially on EVERY relevant question.  After all, it only takes failure on one relevant question to fail an examinee.  From what I can gather, you were a well-qualified applicant with special skills--not someone to take lightly or to throw away. If someone with your qualifications came into my polygraph room, I would do everything I could to get you through the polygraph unless you were actually deceptive or you didn't follow instructions.

I believe that somehow--whether you want to call it countermeasures or not--you screwed with the exam process, and you paid for it, thus costing yourself a good career and costing the government an excellent asset.  There's no other plausible explanation for it, George, unless we are to believe that, like the immaculate conception, your polygraph failure on every relevant question was a miracle.

To the unsuspecting reader of this forum, just passing by because you're worried about taking a polygraph in the near future, I once again counsel you to avoid the "snake oil" George is selling when he tells you that you must mess around with the polygraph process in order to pass the exam.  Most people pass the exam, and those who don't are often the ones who don't follow instructions and think they have to engage in unsupportable actions with no basis in research. George Maschke seems like a nice guy, and I think his intentions may actually be honorable.  However, he is extremely misguided, and you listen to an inexperienced man's advice at your own peril.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Evan S
Senior User

Reply #14 - May 13th, 2009 at 1:55am
LBCB:

Regarding your assertion that all federal polygraph examiners are highly trained and follow strict standards, you should check out the following website, in which the inconsistency of the security screening polygraph is reported, in particular NSA and CIA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/06/19/AR2006061901415_...

Even an advocate of the polygraph should find this article disturbing.  I thought all federal polygraphers are trained at DACA (DODPI) and therefore, regardless of what federal organization they are employed, must produce identical results within minimal acceptable error.  For the process to be scientifically valid, the empirical results must be both repeatable and reproducible.  We expect blood/drug testing to satisfy these requirements, should we also expect the polygraph as well?

Could it be that federal polygraphers receive additional training at the organization they're assigned, possibly reflecting "institutionalized bias"?

Also check out this website.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/news/2007/04/sullivan.html

My John Sullivan has filed a lawsuit against the CIA, and in an interview has stated his CIA polygraph was "rigged."  He ran the CIA polygraph division during his tenure.  A "victim of his own medicine"?

My only experience with the polygraph is that my job (at a large aerospace facility in Southern California) requires that I take and pass CI-type polygraphs.  I took two in 1994 and four in 2000.  The polygraphs were a disgrace.  I wish to emphasize that national security is too important to be left to a polygraph.  Better background investigations and ongoing security education is the solution, and not polygraphs.

Regarding countermeasures, I knew that it was just a matter of time before I would pass, as long I was willing to take the polygraphs as many times as requested and answered all relevant questions in the negative.  Makes absolutely no difference if the examinee is the 1/10000 who is truly guilty of committing espionage/sabotage/terrorism or the 9999/10000 who is innocent.  Therefore I would probably not recommend mental or physical countermeasures, but maybe behavioral countermeasures.

A coin will eventually land on heads if tossed enough times.

Regards,
Evan S

IP Logged

Tried Countermeasurs and Screwed Yourself? Sue Maschke and Scalabrini

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X