Normal Topic How will TS FBI poly failure affect other clearance levels for other jobs? (Read 4037 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sheesh
New User

How will TS FBI poly failure affect other clearance levels for other jobs?
Apr 23rd, 2009 at 8:51am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello, 

I was on here a few months ago sharing my polygraph experience with the FBI. There is no need to explain everything... simply, I told the truth and failed. I am not giving up on some of my other dreams however. I wanted to know how much this would inhibit me for other jobs in the future.

As per the letter I received from the FBI "I was not given a clearance, nor was I denied one. On applications where it asks if you have ever been denied a clearance, you have not been denied". Basically I think that means, we can't prove anything so we won't deny a clearance to you.

I will be pursuing a Pilot position with the Coast Guard, hopefully search and rescue in a Helicopter. I would be attempting to go in as an Officer, or E-0.. Ensign.

From what I have read... it states I will need to be able to obtain "A security clearance". I know there are a few levels, and I think you can even get a TS clearance in some cases without a polygraph. I don't believe Confidential, Classified, or Secret require one... I'm not sure what level of clearance I need as an officer.

At what point in my career would this hurt or hinder me, or will it at all? I could care less about what clearance I have at this point... as long as it's enough to get promotions/raises/etc. Will I ever even really need a TS clearance in the coast guard as an officer to get by?

During the background check, I'm sure they will do a national agency check and see my FBI file. There shouldn't be anything negative in there besides whatever happened no the polygraph.. and I never admitted to anything the polygrapher randomly accused me of.

Let's say for example, I only need a "Secret" clearance for my entire career... how will this affect me. Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Indiana73
User

Re: How will TS FBI poly failure affect other clearance levels for other jobs?
Reply #1 - Apr 27th, 2009 at 11:41pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm not sure about the CG but I also failed an FBI poly and had no problems in getting a job with a three-letter intel agency.  If they had no problem with my "failure" I don't see any reason why the CG would either.

IP Logged

How will TS FBI poly failure affect other clearance levels for other jobs?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X