Normal Topic Chances: your opinion (Read 4832 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box smfischer4
New User

Chances: your opinion
Apr 14th, 2009 at 8:00pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I recently applied to the CIA over the internet in early march for a Clandestine student position.  They recently contacted me and asked me to fill out a packet.  I have not heard since and was wondering if my application just simply caught the attention of some program that filters the applications.  I still have two weeks left for them to call, but I was wondering what the general consensus is on if I'm qualified to continue the interview process.

Qualifications:

Pursing a BS degree in Political Science  and minor in Arabic at a notable university

Currently have a 3.8 GPA

Proficient in writing, speaking, translating Arabic on at least the 2 level and plan on taking additional classes to improve proficiency

Traveled abroad in Europe and Middle East

Work History:  food service and general warehouse working for publishing company

Completely clean track record: No felonies, tickets, drugs, drinking, piracy, theft, cheating, mental illness, ect.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box frankThomas
New User

Re: Chances: your opinion
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 5:16am
I am in the same boat, not as qualified as you, but did you ever hear from them? Based on other posts I have read, they usually send a letter if an application is not accepted otherwise it could take more than a month, which is in my case, but no word from them yet. I am just nervous as I really want this.

Thanks and good luck to you as well.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box tomrain
New User

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2009 at 9:08pm
the thirty days is just an estimate. you can call the office and ask them, and they do send rejection letters so if you haven't got one of those yet i wouldn't give up hope.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Plutonium
New User

Reply #3 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 8:45pm
WOW - Smfisher, I'm basically the same as you except major International Relations - languages spanish, french, arabic, GPA 3.93, studied abroad and lived in various countries. waiting for my phone call!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box KFC
New User

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2009 at 9:41am
Pursing BS Mechanical engineering and Bio-Technology Engineering (double degree)

Proficient in Mandarin, Cantonese, and regional Chinese (plus writing and reading)

US citizen.  

Work for U.S. D.O.T NHTSA internship this summer and still have security clearance, not sure what level.

Whats my chance of getting a internship with CIA? If my GPA is only 3.0?

I haven't apply yet, but reading all posts here, look like its hard to get in.  So before doing so, can someone tell me what my chance of getting in with my GPA and background (clean)

IP Logged

Chances: your opinion

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X