Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Edward B. Van Arsdale Banned (Read 14736 times)
Administrator
Administrator

Edward B. Van Arsdale Banned
Mar 21st, 2009 at 8:45pm

Registered user Ed Earl has been banned for violation of AntiPolygraph.org's posting policy. This is his second banning: in November 2008 he was banned under the screen name SanchoPanza after repeated violations of our posting policy. This individual has also posted as a registered user under the name Phillip F Queeg (which account has also been banned), and as a guest under the name "Anonymous Too."

We deem it appropriate at this time to unmask SanchoPanza/Phillip F Queeg/Anonymous Too/Ed Earl. His real name is Edward B. "E.B." Van Arsdale, and he is a retired police officer and private polygraph operator in Ponca City, Oklahoma.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Edward B. Van Arsdale Banned
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2009 at 6:13am

At some point on the evening of 22 March 2009, polygraph operator Edward Van Arsdale's PolygraphOklahoma.com Web site, which was linked in the post above, disappeared.

It was replaced with a hastily prepared page reading: "This site temporarily down for repair... Please return soon for a new look."

AntiPolygraph.org readers are encouraged to follow his advice and continue to check the above url for the changes. 

In the meantime, viewers can get a good look at the removed material through Google's cache of the site.

IP Logged

Administrator
Administrator

Edward B. Van Arsdale Banned for the Third Time
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2009 at 3:07pm

E.B. Van Arsdale has been banned a third time after returning, like the proverbial bad penny, under the moniker JPW.

IP Logged

LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2009 at 5:20pm

Cowardice on your part, George. Whether or not this Van Arsdale was using mulitple aliases on this website, he sure got the best of you, and you are chicken droppings for your actions.

IP Logged

T.Cullen
User

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2009 at 6:09pm

I had a sneaking suspicion it was him.  

I was about to ask him why he recommends to his client who are taking a police polygraph to TERMINATE the test should the examiner become "aggressive" or "accusatory"?  What hypocrisy!

LBCB,

You claimed not to know him.  What a silly little fibber!  To deny knowing your own colleague, deranged as he is!

TC

IP Logged

Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2009 at 9:16pm

It is unethical to return to a message board after being banned.  That he did so multiple times does not speak well for Mr. Van Arsdale's character.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - May 13th, 2009 at 10:16pm

Easy for you to say, Sarge.  You are in no danger of being outed and banned since you express approved opinions.  Pseudoexperts on a pseudofree board.  Censorship replaces discussion.  A one-sided discussion will fit all of you much better.
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2009 at 10:37pm by pailryder »  

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #7 - May 13th, 2009 at 10:33pm

Quote:
Easy for you to say, Sarge.  You are in no danger of being outed and banned since you hold approved opinions.  Psuedoexperts on a psuedofree board.

That is BULLSHIT!  GM has banned anti poly types before who were uncivil.  There was one guy I remember well, but forgot his online name.  Got pretty nasty with Mr. Sackett.  George has spanked me a few times and discarded some of my posts.

Why would anyone be surprised GM would ban somebody falsely accusing him of treason and working for Iran?

Try posting an anti poly post at "The Polygraph Place", and see how long you stay on that board!

As for Van Arsdale ("sancho panza, Philip Queeg, Anonymous, Anonymous Too, JPW") why does the following not surprise me?

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F3/5/5.F3d.547.92-6291.html

In all fairness though, he did win.  But I can just imagine the behavior he probably displayed in this case.  This judging by the arrogant attitude he has displayed on this board.   My guess is, like many polygraphers,  he may be a wee bit of a "power tripper" who has transferred his arrogant attitude from the police force to his polygraph practice.

And this is what people are up against when walking into a polygraph examination room.  So don't fall for the:  "Hey Mr. Applicant, I'm here to help you.  You need to trust me....blah, blah, blah!" schtick!

And BTW, I do agree with EV that, if practicable, people should TERMINATE a polygraph if the examiner get "aggressive" or "accusatory", and that they should never allow themselves to go through a "POST TEST INTERROGATION".  This from a guy who vehemently denied the polygraph was "an interrogation".

TC
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2009 at 11:01pm by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #8 - May 13th, 2009 at 10:55pm

Sergeant1107 wrote on May 13th, 2009 at 9:16pm:
It is unethical to return to a message board after being banned.  That he did so multiple times does not speak well for Mr. Van Arsdale's character.

There is NOT anything unethical about returning to a message board after being banned. What makes it unethical? There are much more unethical actions and justifications going on with this website than people returning after they've displeased King George or called into question his supreme wisdom. For example, what's more unethical than telling future polygraph examinees that they should try to "beat" a polygraph exam through countermeasures that you've never successfully tried yourself, when there is no recognized research to show that the countermeasures you advocate will do anything but harm an examinee's chances on a polygraph, and when you have absolutely no experience, training or certification to portray yourself as an expert on the subject?

JPW, Van Arsdale, Sancho, AnonymousToo, and whatever else the guy may have called himself, he is obviously an expert on the subject of polygraphy, and every time he's appeared on this forum he's had all of you phonies running around with your squirt guns trying to put out forest fires. It was obviously too much for George, so he's understandably eager to get rid of such an outstanding, intelligent opposing voice.

IP Logged

Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #9 - May 13th, 2009 at 11:36pm

LieBabyCryBaby wrote on May 13th, 2009 at 10:55pm:
There is NOT anything unethical about returning to a message board after being banned. 

That is an interesting point of view.  Someone is banned twice (do you think Mr. Van Arsdale is not familiar with the term "banned"?) and still comes back again, and you have no problem with that?

On most other forums if a person is banned and they return their ISP is notified and often the ISP will cancel that person's account.  In Connecticut that person can be charged with harassment if their postings are considered to have been done in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm.

Common Internet courtesy is that you do not return to a web site that has banned you.  That's what "banned" means.

I don't see how anyone can reasonably defend Mr. Van Arsdale's actions after his third banning.  Eight year old children are aware of the rules of message boards, it is not too much to expect Mr. Van Arsdale to obey them.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #10 - May 14th, 2009 at 12:47am

Ok, I can buy the "common courtesy" bit. Sure, if a website administrator bans you for what he/she feels is mean-spirited, non-pertinent, unsupportable banter, it could be viewed as discourteous to return. However, in George's case there is more to it than that. Van Arsdale/JPW/whatever justifiably rubbed George's nose in cow dung, and George was getting tired of the smell. But that doesn't change the fact that JPW/etc.  is much more of an expert in polygraphy than George can even pretend to be, and his posts on this biased website have been a great counterbalance to most of the unsupportable crap spewed here by George et. al regarding a subject with which they have no practical experience.

IP Logged

Evan S
Senior User

Reply #11 - May 14th, 2009 at 1:46am

One of the few times I disgree with the owners of AntiPolygraph.org.

Let JPW post, as long as he keeps the discussion reasonably civil.

Visitors and people on the fence can decide for themselves.  Decide which side is able to rationally defend its position, and which side, unable to defend itself, resorts to making unjustified statements.

The purpose of this website is to educate the public exactly what a polygraph is and exactly what a polygraph is not.

Regards,
Evan S

IP Logged

LieBabyCryBaby
Very Senior User

Reply #12 - May 14th, 2009 at 2:48am

Thanks for your reasonable viewpoint, Evan S. 

The real problem for George and some of his followers on this website is that when experienced polygraphers point out their lack of any credibility, i.e. experience, training or qualifications, there is really no defense. It's one thing to hit the badminton birdie back and forth with someone who only points out opposing lab studies. It's quite another to argue with an experienced person who isn't buying the canned second-hand responses, and who exposes your true, indefensible weakness.

If this forum weren't so full of people who, without any credibility, claim as if they actually know that the polygraph is a "pseudoscience," a "fraud," or simply an interrogation tool, it would be a much more civil environment. But you must understand that actual experts in a field don't take lightly to having their experience belittled by those who have none. I get a bit irritated myself and may at times get just a little bit offensive, but when I do, I have good reason.

IP Logged

Administrator
Administrator

Reply #13 - Jun 3rd, 2009 at 8:29am

On the morning of 3 June 2009, while attempting to move an inappropriate, off-topic post to the discarded posts forum (a taunt directed at Mr. Van Arsdale), this entire message thread was accidentally deleted. It has been restored from the most recent available backup (dated 25 May 2009). Several posts to this message thread since that date were regrettably lost, and we have attempted to reconstruct them below.

On 26 May, we had posted the following (recovered from Google's cache of this message thread):

Quote:
AntiPolygraph.org has reason to believe that recent posts in the message thread "Why do I have to do anything" by David Hume (the thread starter, purporting to be a curious newcomer to this site), Kim Jong Il (questioning why David Hume was banned), and S Price (bemoaning AntiPolygraph.org's moderation policy) are all the handiwork of E.B. Van Arsdale.

Those who may be in the market for polygraph services (an unwise way to spend your money, considering that polygraph "testing" has no scientific basis), may wish to carefully consider whether they are willing to trust a man with the immaturity and insincerity that Mr. Van Arsdale has repeatedly displayed on these forums to render judgment on any matter where the truth is important.

The following posts have been re-constructed from an RSS aggregator cache. On Monday, 1 June 2009, we posted:

Quote:
AntiPolygraph.org has reason to believe that Ponca City, Oklahoma polygraph operator E.B. Van Arsdale has returned to these forums under yet a new moniker: "Shigatsu." This account has been banned.

Mr. Van Arsdale, enough with these antics. If you are at long last willing to participate in a meaningful, civil discussion of polygraph matters, then you may re-register here under your real name. If not, then please cease and desist from trolling these forums.

On 2 June 2009, shigatsuhirimoto posted:

Quote:
Mr./Mrs. Administrator:

Are you an idiot? I am not this Van Arsdale person so why did you ban me? Did i say something wrong? What kind of forum are you running here accusing people of being somebody they are not? Also if I was this Van Arsdale why would I have to use my real name? Lots of people use false names here. What do you have against Van Arsdale anyway?

On 3 June 2009, we responded:

Quote:
Mr. Van Arsdale,

Regrettably, it seems that with this post, you are  confirming that you are still not interested in a serious discussion of polygraph matters.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint