Normal Topic Audio Tap Recording? What Does It Mean (Read 3442 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bob Dobson

Audio Tap Recording? What Does It Mean
Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:52am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So I finally took my poly a while ago, and its eating me because I'm impatient.  I need some feedback.  The poly wasn't as bad as I was anticipating it to be.  In fact I was so relaxed I felt like I was going to fall asleep at times because the polygrapher's voice was so soothing haha!  Well I took the "test" and did okay for the control questions. She said I had excellent physiology.  I then answered the questions with confidence.  After the analysis she came in and said there was a problem with a couple answers.  She said that two of my answers were "inconsistent."  They weren't "inconclusive" or "deceptive" like some of the other posts I have read.  So then we spent the next 30 minutes talking about if I had any problems with the questions and she asked what I was thinking about when she asked them.   I went ahead and said what I was thinking.  I told her I was nervous a little bit and that I was tired.  So she gave me a small pep talk and then we hooked me back up.  She asked the same set of questions once again a couple times.  Only this time I had my super game face on.  My mind was empty and not even my inner voice was talking.  I said the asnwers mindlessly without even thinking.  After the test she was extremely happy and very pleased with my responses.  She said the data was very easy to read.   She never said I passed nor failed.  This is where it got weird.  It made me scared and makes me wonder if I got the job or not

After the repeat test she left the room to get an audio tape.  She said she needed to record my drug history.   She put the tape in and stated her name and my id number and then proceeded to record my drug history.  After she was done she asked me if it was all true. I said yes.  After that she said that she was going to review my test results and then her supervisor would review. From there I would find out if I passed.  She said there was a "slim" chance that I would need to come back to give more data, but most people don't need to go back.  She then walked me out.

I guess what worried me most was the fact that she recorded my drug history granted that that was one of the problem questions.  Should I be worried about this or is it standard procedure.  Does this mean I failed and will need to go back again? Why would she need to record this information?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Re: Audio Tap Recording? What Does It Mean
Reply #1 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:03pm
Bob,

Ballpark, how long did it take to make that audio recording of your drug history?  Under five minutes? Five to ten? Half hour?  
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:47pm by pailryder »  

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box gary davis

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 4:17pm
I find it interesting the agency had funds to record part of the interview and not  all of it.  Agencies using compuers can record both audio and video at virtually no expense.  That said I suspect the examiner is going to 'fail" you on the drug questions.

As I have said before, every agency has different standards for experimentation with controlled substances.  If you fall outside this agency's standards, find one where you don't. 

gary davis

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:54pm
pailryder wrote on Feb 7th, 2009 at 2:03pm:

Ballpark, how long did it take to make that audio recording of your drug history?Under five minutes? Five to ten? Half hour?

Well given that my drug history was not that long, I say it was a little under a minute.   

Quote:
As I have said before, every agency has different standards for experimentation with controlled substances.If you fall outside this agency's standards, find one where you don't. 

If I recall, I believe that the standard was one year.  Lucky for me, the last time I ever used an illegal drug was well over a year from the day I first applied.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wang-Lo

Reply #4 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 5:49pm
Presumably you detailed your drug history in your application documentation.  Did the polygrapher slip anything into her recording that was not included in your previous written disclosure?  Or was her reading a totally accurate representation of what you had already told the hiring agency?

-Wang-Lo.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:56am
Quote:
Presumably you detailed your drug history in your application documentation.  Did the polygrapher slip anything into her recording that was not included in your previous written disclosure?  Or was her reading a totally accurate representation of what you had already told the hiring agency?

-Wang-Lo.

No, she didn't 'slip' anything in the recording that wasn't included with what we discussed. All she stated was what was on the forms.   

It makes me wonder if she did this just to make a record of my drug history.  Maybe my test results were slightly inconsistent, but she knew I was telling the truth.  She just needed a little extra proof.  I'm not sure.  I should be finding out how I did soon anyways.

IP Logged

Audio Tap Recording? What Does It Mean

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X