Normal Topic CIA internship (Read 3931 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

CIA internship
Feb 5th, 2009 at 5:15am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'm currently a freshman in college and planning on applying for the CIA internship I'm studying a foreign language (chinese), have connections in the CIA, and a pretty good GPA. After looking into all the polygraph aspects, I'm worried of the outcome. I experimented with marijuana only a few times, less than 5 and by the time I actually apply for the job it will have been about 2 years since the last time. I was in no way a habitual user it was just teenage experimentation, but after reading some of the stories people make it sound like the examiner will try and make you admit that you smoke marijuana on a regular basis. Should I try and apply or will I only have a bad experience that will leave me jobless?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: CIA internship
Reply #1 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 5:32am
You shouldn't be worrying about anything at you age pengyou!

The odds of making it to preemployment processing at CIA is not good.  So the first thing is making it that far.  As for the polygraph, we are not trying to scare people about the polygraph, just letting them know the truth about it so you don't go in to it all naive, gullible and UNinformed.

I had to go through their processing in 1995 because I applied for a Mandarin language job at the FBIS (Foreign Broadcast Information Service) which was part of the CIA.  I didn't have to take their polygraph because I had already taken and passed the polygraph at the NSA.

Don't let this site scare you from applying anywhere!

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box isitatest

Re: CIA internship
Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 6:22am
If you want to apply to a job like this!
maybe you shouldnt post  vital info on an unsecure network!
as for worries like that, dont lie or hide it, they can tell (the operator).

" I never did mind about the little things"...what movie?
CLASSIC, remember it an live it
Best of luck.

hint 1993

IP Logged

CIA internship

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X