Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) San Diego Police Department Polygraph = HORRIBLE Experience (Read 52277 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: San Diego Police Department Polygraph = HORRIBLE Experience
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 7:41am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Whether you signed something or not, you DO NOT have to take a polygraph.  Tell them you found out the TRUTH about the polygraph and have decided not to take it.

We just had a police officer admit on this board that they trick people into taking the polygraph by insinuating that it is a chance for them to "eliminate you as a suspect", which they know is not true!  They are just trying to get a chance to interrogate you without having a lawyer present and trying to force a confession out of you!

If you do CAVE and end up taking the test, read the "Lie Behind The Lie Detector" before taking the test.   

Good Luck

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box hiding4now

Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 10:01pm
Dang, i flubbed the verification code. So one more time. Thanks for the advice, I believe I will follow it. Now I'm mad. How did I get tied into this BS? When I asked the officer at the first interview, he wouldn't tell me. Do I have a right to know who my accuser is? I may still go talk to a lawyer, or at least do some more research myself to find out what my rights are here in Canada.
The RCMP do not have a very good reputation here, frankly they scare the crap out of me. After watching them kill that guy in the Vancouver airport, all the stalling to stop the video from getting out and then the courts letting them off the hook,  I lost all respect for them. And that's just the most famous one recently. Its been scandal after scandal. I guess you can't believe your lying eyes. Oh ya, before i go, check out this link, it seems law enforcement types don't even buy into this polygraph garbage. They think its funny.   http://forums.blueline.ca/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=357814

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #17 - Jan 26th, 2009 at 7:38am
Thanks for the above link.   

A very interesting thread of LE types talking truthfully about the polygraph.  Saying the same thing I've been saying on this board, but polygraphers have repeatedly denied.  Namely, that polygraphers ROUTINELY MISREPRESENT polygraph accuracy and tell examinees it's purpose is to test their truthfulness, when it is actually just used a way of legally interrogating a suspect under duress without an attorney present!

Refer the above link to the RCMP gents who are trying to get you to take the polygraph.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 4:52am
wow...that link is already down. That's just scary. I hope its just a temporary technical problem. Is this what our society has come to? Talk about Big Brother.  wow....

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Jan 29th, 2009 at 4:57am
I may have spoke to soon. Seems like the site is down. Will it return? Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion. Cheesy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box user23

Reply #20 - Mar 6th, 2009 at 12:43am
Wow, my poly for the VPD is next week. Im reading up on this antipoly ebook.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box son of lou
New User

Reply #21 - Apr 28th, 2009 at 3:31pm
You're not a lone man. I came across unfortunate experience with San Diego Police Poly test last year. I asked the examiner how I was doing, but he said, I did alright at the first time. Then in few days, I received a letter that I was rejected. I had no idea whether it was about the test or something else. I called many times to find out why I was being rejected, but never find the person in charge of my file. 

I think something big going on not only with polygraphy test, but the entire department of justice has a lot of discrimination. Because they complicated the application process like hell. One may pass the poly test, but you can still be rejected with simple things like credit backgrounds, psysical test, or something else. That is very stressfull for someone wh really want to be a law enforcement officer. 

I am very sorry for your history, but I believe the answers from other fellows can help you get to where you wanted to be. 
BEST

IP Logged

San Diego Police Department Polygraph = HORRIBLE Experience

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X