Normal Topic Question about NYPD screening(drugs) (Read 7666 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box solemnity
New User

Question about NYPD screening(drugs)
Oct 27th, 2008 at 1:29am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey everyone,

I probably won't be welcomed for this. But here we go anyway:

About 8 months ago, I received an honorable discharge from the Navy. I was really psyched, since I could finally join the NYPD(it was actually one of the reasons that led me to the military upon graduating highschool). Unfortunately, I was hanging with a bad crowd when I got home(that I had to leave, stupid enough) and decided to experiment with MJ. unfortunately it the one time in my life, and the worst time it could happen. 2 months later, I had my medical screening with the NYPD. I had a hair sample taken, and I'm not sure if I failed... but to keep things short, I didn't want to stain my record so I didn't even chance it : / I did get calls saying I need to complete my application, and a letter saying I am on medical review hold and that I should continue the process. I accepted another job offer, and here I am... just feeling like an idiot for blowing such a chance in life.

first: I know that drug use is NOT something that should be tolerated in the police force, and second: I am not a habitual drug user, and honestly from the one experience it's not something I need in my life. 

I was just wondering if anyone happened to know- if I were to apply again to the NYPD in a year, would they use the same test and follow the same medical record or would I be retested? I am absolutely confident that I have no problems with a test now, as it was the one time. I'm just hoping I still have a chance to do this because I really honestly would love to serve in the NYPD. I hope I didn't offend anyone here, but does anyone happen to know for sure? And if I *do* decide to try again and they find something, will it ruin my record? I have a clean background so I'm a little nervous that everything will be ruined even after an honorary discharge : / If anyone would know about it, I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lawlizard
User

Re: Question about NYPD screening(drugs)
Reply #1 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 1:56am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
So your question is as follows.. Will they use prior results? And or will it hurt your chances. First off, if they did get a positive sample you would be disqualified for usage within the last few years. Second, well I salute you as a fellow service member and vet, but they might treat and or drill you harder for it. Seeing as you did it after your service, which is what you did to join the NYPD. Using after the fact doesn’t look good, they might look at it as weak, and or a risk because your time in service should have helped shape you judgment. With that being said, we all make mistakes, you did it one time, not a huge deal. I would think that they would give you a chance. But you’re going to have to wait. Another thing is, you’re going to have to explain why you didn’t follow through, so make sure you have a reason. If not they might take it as a disinterest and pass you over.

IP Logged

Question about NYPD screening(drugs)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X