Normal Topic Beware of offers contingent upon FS polys (Read 3224 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box NSAdysfunctional
New User

Beware of offers contingent upon FS polys
Oct 2nd, 2008 at 7:40pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi - 

I used to post under a different name, but the polygrapher clowns at NSA used to mention my username to some applicants. Anyway, I got an offer from an NSA contractor to take a contingent postion, which depended on passing a FS polygraph at NSA. I burned my bridge, mentioning this site, and told them that I refuse to jeopardize my current DoD clearance for that FS polygraph sham.  Of course, I was screened by their security officer, which took only a minute, and she informed me that I was good to go. I worked at NSA for a number of years, so I am used to their B.S. The people I trust the least are the NSA-related security personnel, as they will bold-face lie. They do not care, if an applicants get rejected, and lose their current clearances. The NSA polygraphers are just as dysfunctional, as many of the people that work at the NSA and CIA - voyeurs come to mind.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: Beware of offers contingent upon FS polys
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 9:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Quote:
The people I trust the least are the NSA-related security personnel, as they will bold-face lie. They do not care, if an applicants get rejected, and lose their current clearances. The NSA polygraphers are just as dysfunctional, as many of the people that work at the NSA and CIA - voyeurs come to mind.

Tell me about it.

I took a CI poly at the fanx in March 2000.  I was tested by NSA polygraph examiners.  Anyway, this one, a thirtish brunette (supposedly one of their "lookers") was the 2nd to interrogate me.  She left the room several times.  She came back from one of her "departures" with a big smile on her face.  She said:  "Tom!  I just got off the phone with the personnel office, they are hot to hire you!  They haven't seen as good a candidate as you in a long time.  So, Tom, you've got to COOPERATE!  I want to HELP YOU!  Blah, blah, blah."

I told the personnel rep later about it and she just got a disapproving look on her face and shook her head saying nobody had called, then quickly changed the subject.

They will do tell any lie they think you will swallow to get you to talk.
You shouldn't trust them anymore than you would a used car salesman!   

You'd think someone as smart as General Hayden would have done something about them when he was the DIRNSA.  He is way to smart a guy to buy this: "Well, we don't have anything better than the polygraph at this time......" argument.  He must know the danger of relying so much on the polygraph.

I heard he DID do a good job of cleaning up the rest of NSA during his tenure.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Beware of offers contingent upon FS polys

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X