Normal Topic And the polygraph crowd says WE RANT? (Read 5387 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

And the polygraph crowd says WE RANT?
Sep 25th, 2008 at 9:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Check this out:

https://antipolygraph.org/yabbfiles/Attachments/Antipolygraph_websites_-_Polygra...

I seriously doubt examiners who've posted here have gotten viruses from this board.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Re: And the polygraph crowd says WE RANT?
Reply #1 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 10:59pm
T.M. Cullen wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 at 9:02pm:
Check this out:

https://antipolygraph.org/yabbfiles/Attachments/Antipolygraph_websites_-_Polygra...

I seriously doubt examiners who've posted here have gotten viruses from this board.

TC

Wow! Read the thread and they do nothing there but pat each other on the back and talk about our site ... how stimulating! Shocked
Even though I disagree with Sancho and alike I must admit we have a far more lively conversation and exchange here. Cool

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Sep 25th, 2008 at 11:54pm
Interesting thread but its a bit stale, the newest post there is ove 11 months old.  Hardly a revelation.

It did raise a good question though.  Why should someone who is wants to pass a polygraph examination seek advice on how to pass one, from a group of people who failed?   

It's kind of like getting tips on how to pass a field sobriety test from a bunch of convicted drunk drivers.

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #3 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 1:17am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 at 11:54pm:
Interesting thread but its a bit stale, the newest post there is ove 11 months old.  Hardly a revelation.

It did raise a good question though.  Why should someone who is wants to pass a polygraph examination seek advice on how to pass one, from a group of people who failed?  

It's kind of like getting tips on how to pass a field sobriety test from a bunch of convicted drunk drivers.

Sancho Panza

It is probably a bit more like a person who hadn't had a drink, was arrested for DUI, and blew .25 on the Intoxilyzer.  If that person then went to a web site with statements from other people who said they didn't believet he Intoxilyzer was accurate because they, too, blew over zero despite not having had a drink, that would be somewhat similar to the reason a lot of people come to this web site.

If all that was required to pass a polygraph was to tell the truth this web site would not exist.  If the polygraph was an accurate scientific test the requirements for "passing" would be to tell the truth.  Clearly that is not the case.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 1:51am
Sergeant,  Why even bother to quote my question if you don't intend to address it? If you want to use an entirely different question in order to give the answer you want to give, you don't need the quote.
The question you answered was "I failed my polygraph where can I find some folks to join me in a cluster-whine?

My question was:
Why should someone who is wants to pass a polygraph examination seek advice on how to pass one, from a group of people who failed? 
It's kind of like getting tips on how to pass a field sobriety test from a bunch of convicted drunk drivers

Do you need THIS question explained to you? The difference is, yours presumes that someone has taken the test and failed. 
My question presumes that someone has not taken their test yet and is concerned and trying to insure they pass. 

I'm guessing you prefer to answer your question instead of mine because you can just reach into the official AP.org book of canned responses without having to think. 

As to your closing remark. Actually, if Dr. Maschke hadn't failed his test, this site would not exist and if you had passed yours, you wouldn't be here. 

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 2:34am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 at 11:54pm:
Interesting thread but its a bit stale, the newest post there is ove 11 months old.  Hardly a revelation.

It did raise a good question though.  Why should someone who is wants to pass a polygraph examination seek advice on how to pass one, from a group of people who failed?  

Sancho Panza

Of course Sancho, I want advise from the very folks who perpetuated the scam on me. That makes so much sense! WOW!

Let's see, telling the truth didn't work so...... let's ask the guy with the machine how to pass.  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 3:46am
Notguilty1  I see you have trouble answering a straightforward question as well.

SanchoPanza

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 3:53am
If you plan to visit a used car lot, where you know a lot of "games" are played and "tricks" perpetrated, would you ask for advice from other used car salesman, or talk to people ripped off by other dealers?  Best yet would be taking advice from a former used car salesman gone "straight" who is exposing the tricks of the trade.  Like Doug Williams.

Would you go to some used car sales trade association (APA) website, or to a consumer advocate/protection agency website?

If a leading government agency put out a report informing congress and the public that used car lots are the worst place to buy a car, and are in fact, fraught with problems, would you ignore it saying:  "What do they know?!!  I'd better go talk to some local used car sales people to get the truth!"?

If a homeless person walked up to you and said, "sir, can you help me?  I haven't had a bit in two days!", would you bite him?!

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #8 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 4:14am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 at 3:46am:
Notguilty1  I see you have trouble answering a straightforward question as well.

SanchoPanza

Sancho, Your question has been answered by many hear just not what you want to hear..... What a surprise Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 5:07am
T.M. Cullen wrote on Sep 25th, 2008 at 9:02pm:
Check this out:

TC

To put the PolygraphPlace.com discussion thread in context, it came in the aftermath of our decision to ban and publicly name a group of polygraph examiners who organized a trolling campaign on this message board. With the exception of "lielabs," all of the participants in that thread were among the outed trolls. The PolygraphPlace.com message thread was quickly deleted from that site, but I posted a saved copy when reference was made to the thread.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #10 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 5:59am
GW,

That explains the anti-poly URL.  I found the link on a google search.

The thread goes to show how threatened they feel about having the truth about the polygraph exposed.

Gee, why did they delete the thread? 

What a bunch of ranting fear mongers!

TC

IP Logged

And the polygraph crowd says WE RANT?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X