Normal Topic Things I have done (Read 2813 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mike Jones

Things I have done
Sep 20th, 2008 at 1:05am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am getting ready to take a poly for NSA, and I was wondering if me being a bookie 4 years ago would hurt me? Also about a year ago I stole some dvds, from a previous employer? Do I stand a chance of getting in?  I haven't used drugs in six years.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Re: Things I have done
Reply #1 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 2:49am
Quote:
I am getting ready to take a poly for NSA, and I was wondering if me being a bookie 4 years ago would hurt me? Also about a year ago I stole some dvds, from a previous employer? Do I stand a chance of getting in?  I haven't used drugs in six years.

You have placed yourself in an interesting predicament.  If you lie you'll get caught and if you tell the truth you could be subject to criminal charges depending on the statute of limitations in your particular jurisdiction. 

Based on the very limited information you provide I believe that you are not ready for NSA and NSA isn't ready for you.

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 5:12am
SanchoPanza wrote on Sep 20th, 2008 at 2:49am:
Quote:
I am getting ready to take a poly for NSA, and I was wondering if me being a bookie 4 years ago would hurt me? Also about a year ago I stole some dvds, from a previous employer? Do I stand a chance of getting in?  I haven't used drugs in six years.

You have placed yourself in an interesting predicament.  If you lie you'll get caught and if you tell the truth you could be subject to criminal charges depending on the statute of limitations in your particular jurisdiction. 

Based on the very limited information you provide I believe that you are not ready for NSA and NSA isn't ready for you.

Sancho Panza

Hey mike,
WOW i can't believe I agree with Sancho here. Not that I think thet the Poly will necessarily catch you lying, but if your worried enough to ask here then there is a good chance that an examiner will get you to confess. And then what Sancho said.
Maybe he's right and the NSA is not your path.
I for one would not encourage you or any one to lie regardless of how accurate the test may or may not be.
Good luck with your future.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mike Jones

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 5:02pm
So I shouldnt tell them about me being a bookie four years ago when I was in college? Or about me taking the DVDs? As an employee I had rights to all the material, I just took more then what I should have.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 5:40pm
Quote:
So I shouldnt tell them about me being a bookie four years ago when I was in college? Or about me taking the DVDs? As an employee I had rights to all the material, I just took more then what I should have.

Mike,
I think what Sancho and I agree on ( though I cannot speak for him) is that if you are concerned about past ( admitted) illegal behavior then a job at the NSA may not be in the cards for you. Thats just my opinion.

IP Logged

Things I have done

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X