Normal Topic NSA Applicant (Read 11041 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box theman141

NSA Applicant
Sep 17th, 2008 at 8:49pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I applied at NSA passed all the premployment tests. Recieved  conditional offer. Got a call from the investigator stating that he was getting ready to start the BI. I haven't been called for a poly yet.  My back ground is clean not worried about anything. Will they call me for poly how long does the BI normally take.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: NSA Applicant
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:10pm
Didn't they do the polygraph when you went to the FANX their for screening?  Usually, they give you all the tests, psch eval, meeting with hiring committee, AND polygraph.  Then, and only then, they start your BI.   This is the first I've heard of NSA starting the BI before passing the polygraph.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Evan S
Senior User

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 2:45am
If you are a mathematician applying for a job at the NSA, please look at the following website.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/cgi-bin/getcase.pl?court=3rd&navby=case&no=961466p

(This is the FindLaw website.  You may have to register.  I found it by googling NSA "world class mathematicians".)

It appears that world class mathematicians are exempt from NSA's polygraph requirement.

A US government memorandum is referenced:
"Security Processing for IDA Professional Staff Members and World Class Mathematicians"

I sense a double standard.

Regards,
Evan S

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 4:46am
They are NOT STUPID.

Math geniuses are hard to come by.  Do you think they are going to pass up on hiring an asset like that over the results of some bogus test.

BTW,  I had to take their math screening test.  GEEEZZZZ!  If you can do well on some of the more advances parts, you must have coke bottle glasses and go by the nick name "Rain man"!

Example, fill in the blanks:

1 5 4 .  7  .

divided by

. 6 4 8

equals

2 4 2

languages are easier!

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box theman141

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 2:25pm
I did all the tests but didn't do the polygraph. Maybe they will do it after they get done with the investigation. I haven't heard anything from the investigator since they first called me to let me know that they are going to start the BI. Should I contact them myself if I have any questions. or just wait until i hear from them and then ask any questions. I want to know how long does the investigation normally take?

IP Logged

NSA Applicant

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X