Normal Topic Intell vs law Enforcement experiences (Read 1889 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box surfsup

Intell vs law Enforcement experiences
Aug 24th, 2008 at 6:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I saw first hand how polygraph "tests" can be a double edge sword.

A few years ago, I was processing for LAPD and Fire agencies in So Cal. I breezed through all the pre employment tests and was ready for the polygraph. I reported to LAPD as scheduled for my poly and met the examiner. I wish I was aware of this site beforehand. At any rate, the examiner behaved exactly as Lie behind the detector had indicated he would. Switching from good cop/bad cop to being my friend. At the end of the "test" he asked if I wanted to get anything off my chest and tell what was bothering me. He indicated that I had  shown significant deception on the drug questions. My dad is an LAPD narco detective, so dope wasnt my thing. At any rate, I admitted nothing more at which point he told me I showed more deception than OJ. At this point he became confrontational when I would say nothing more on the drug issue. He also indicated that since I was licensed paramedic, I knew how to breathe and beat his machine. He tried to get me to write all of my prior experiences down, and I told him I had none. He shook his head and said they would contact me later. I got a letter saying my test was inconclusive. 5 months later, in my background with Fire, I was asked if I had failed any background checks and I said no. My investigator turned out to be retired LAPD and subsequently, I was not further processed.  The investigator told me I lied about LAPD, when in fact I had not. Apparently he either talked to examiner or someone in personnel that I did not have access to. A year later, I was hired on a fire agency with no issues after I explained to a new investigator what happened. Fast forward several years, after I graduated from college and gained employment with a gvt contractor. I then passed a series of counter-intel polies with various intel agencies, as well as a lifestyle poly. I never seemed to have a problem with any of them, and they asked they same questions. I am now cleared through almost every alphabet agency there is, and am subject to update polygraphs for counter-intel. I was told that the lifestyle is only given  once. My big fear now is, not that I will be found deceptive in a lie, but a false positive may occur at some point.  I will say though, that being branded a worse liar than OJ, and the BS my dad had to hear was very demoralizing. He has since retired from LAPD, in total disgust with what has happened to a good agency, (unrelated to me). It amazes me that people like the rampart clowns with known gang affiliations get hired, and they sweat some kid about  dope, rather than trying to investigate his background. Yes, I am angry at LAPD, and feel they deserve the problems they have with some of the personnel they have hired. I was a good candidate.  I know quite a few people with highly checkered backgrounds that managed to get hired. Everything happens for a reason, and I have a better job with better pay and less BS, but the point is, the polygraph DEFINITELY cuts out good people for no other reason than hocus pocus.  I was also told that if I ever wanted to work directly for these intel agencies, that my current polygraphs and backgrounds would not count, and would have to start over with a "different" poly. I dont know how much different it could be. I could not afford to work as a direct hire as the pay is terrible in my opinon.  On a side note: When I went for my lifestyle poly, my examiner was SMOKING hot, I wondered if that was meant to throw me off. haha

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polytek
User

Re: Intell vs law Enforcement experiences
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 1:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Your examiner must have been the smoking hot Stud Baker

IP Logged

Intell vs law Enforcement experiences

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X