Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Polygraph Interrogation versus DNA testing results (Read 24273 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SanchoPanza
Especially Senior User

Re: Polygraph Interrogation versus DNA testing results
Reply #45 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 4:37pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Not Guilty. I took the liberty of looking at a few of your old posts and found the following:
Quote:
This is why Polygraph as opposed to DNA is not admissible in court
The legal fact that polygraph itself is not admissible in court
results are not admissable in court
makes the test inadmissable in court
insignificant in a court of law
Polygraphs are not admissible in court
So much so that THEY ARE STILL NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT
The good part is that the test results are not admissible in court
that’s why Polygraphs and poligraphers opinions are not admitted in court.
Like I said it's already useless in court
And if the results are not admissible in court then are the results really "evidence
( results are not admissible in court)
THANK GOODNESS THIS BS TESTING IS NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT
I guess that is why poly's are not admissible in court

If I may borrow one of your more lucid statements, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Those are YOUR statements and when I point out to you that such blanket statements are inaccurate you respond with a qualifier that tries to get people to ignore what you Previously said. Quote:
GENERALLY SPEAKING POLYGRAPH IS NOT ADMISSIBLE IN COURT AS DNA AND OTHER PROVEN TESTS ARE.... and ....
Polygraphs are rarely admissible in court.

I think that’s a pretty good example of your habit of shading the truth about what you previously said.

Sancho Panza

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #46 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 11:18pm
SanchoPanza wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 at 4:37pm:
Not Guilty. I took the liberty of looking at a few of your old posts and found the following:
Quote:
This is why Polygraph as opposed to DNA is not admissible in court
The legal fact that polygraph itself is not admissible in court
results are not admissable in court
makes the test inadmissable in court
insignificant in a court of law
Polygraphs are not admissible in court
So much so that THEY ARE STILL NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT
The good part is that the test results are not admissible in court
that’s why Polygraphs and poligraphers opinions are not admitted in court.
Like I said it's already useless in court
And if the results are not admissible in court then are the results really "evidence
( results are not admissible in court)
THANK GOODNESS THIS BS TESTING IS NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT
I guess that is why poly's are not admissible in court

If I may borrow one of your more lucid statements, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

Those are YOUR statements and when I point out to you that such blanket statements are inaccurate you respond with a qualifier that tries to get people to ignore what you Previously said. Quote:
GENERALLY SPEAKING POLYGRAPH IS NOT ADMISSIBLE IN COURT AS DNA AND OTHER PROVEN TESTS ARE.... and ....
Polygraphs are rarely admissible in court.

I think that’s a pretty good example of your habit of shading the truth about what you previously said.

Sancho Panza

Wow Sancho assuming that you were in fact intelligent in a previous post was obviously a mistake on my part because you cannot even get that you are making my point.
Let me repeat:
Polygraphs are rarely admissible in court. New Mexico is the only state in the United States that allows for open admissibility of polygraph exam results. Every other state requires some type of stipulation to be met prior to admitting polygraph exams into record. In most cases, both sides of a legal case have to agree prior to the trial that they will allow polygraphs to be admitted. On the federal level, the admissibility criteria are much more vague and admission typically depends on the approval of the judge.

Now, read it slowly again.
Any reasonably intelligent person reading the above statement would conclude that polygraphs are not generally admitted in court.
But of course that would require a reasonably intelligent and of course not self serving individual. Thats were you get off the bus Sancho.
If Polygraph was admissible why oh why have I not been charged with a crime? Looks like the police dept has a "clouded view of polygraph too or .......... could it be the DA's office that knows that a judge would laugh at a case brought ot court on polygraph evidence. Yeah, I think that may be it.
No Sancho, your statements are the ones "clouded" clouded in a self serving haze. 

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #47 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:44am
What happened Notguilty1 is that after you falsley stated over a dozen times that POLYGRAPH IS NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT, I called you on it and then you modifed your statement to "NOT GENERALLY admissible in court. and Polygraphs are RARELY admissible in court,"  in some feeble attempt to avoid being caught in what at best was an exaggeration and at worst a bare faced lie. 

Sancho Panza. 

Quand vous citez des langues que vous ne parlez pas afin de sembler intellegent, vous vous avérez seulement que votre tête est gonflée mais videz.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #48 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 3:36am
SanchoPanza wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 12:44am:
What happened Notguilty1 is that after you falsley stated over a dozen times that POLYGRAPH IS NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT, I called you on it and then you modifed your statement to "NOT GENERALLY admissible in court. and Polygraphs are RARELY admissible in court,"  in some feeble attempt to avoid being caught in what at best was an exaggeration and at worst a bare faced lie. 

Sancho Panza. 

I can only hope that you continue to post your self serving idiotic responses only serve to show readers who is administering theses so called 'tests"
I understand that you  seemingly can't or won't understand the obvious. I am sure that most victims that visit this site will see what I wrote was in fact accurate. oh...... except for New Mexico! Wow sancho you must be good at getting info out of people since I was only right on ALL but ONE state.
IDIOT !
I hope you got your pencil sharpened cause there is a meter maid job next to Sackett waiting for you. You then may be doing some actual good still trolling for victims though. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #49 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:17pm
Quote:
I am sure that most victims that visit this site will see what I wrote was in fact accurate. oh...... except for New Mexico

Actually current general standard is that Judges are given discretion on whether or not to admit polygraph. 

OK what about Ohio v. Sharma (Case No. CR 06-09-3248),
Hovenden v. State of Indiana, 92A03-9903-CR-10

and the following is excerpted from United States of America, v. Julio Piccinonna, United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit. - 885 F.2d 1529 

Quote:
"the Third, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, and the Court of Military Appeals permit admission of polygraph evidence even in the absence of a stipulation when special circumstances exist. The Third and Seventh Circuits permit polygraph evidence to be introduced for the purpose of rebutting a claim by the defendant that his confession was the result of coercion. United States v. Johnson, 816 F.2d 918, 923 (3rd Cir.1987); United States v. Kampiles, 609 F.2d 1233, 1245 (7th Cir.1979), cert. denied, 446 U.S. 954, 100 S.Ct. 2923, 64 L.Ed.2d 812 (1980). The Tenth Circuit has permitted the government to introduce the fact that the defendant failed a polygraph test to explain why the police detective had not conducted a more thorough investigation. United States v. Hall, 805 F.2d 1410 (10th Cir.1986). In its attempt to mitigate the potential problems with polygraph evidence, the Sixth Circuit has promulgated a two-step approach to admission. Wolfel v. Holbrook, 823 F.2d 970 (6th Cir.1987), cert. denied, --- U.S. ----, 108 S.Ct. 1035, 98 L.Ed.2d 999 (1988). "First, the trial court must determine if the proffered evidence is relevant. Second, if the court concludes that the proffered evidence is relevant, it must balance the probative value of the evidence against the hazard of unfair prejudice and/or confusion which could mislead the jury." Id. at 972. The Ninth Circuit holds polygraph evidence admissible only in instances narrowly tailored to limit the prejudicial impact of the evidence. United States v. Miller, 874 F.2d 1255, 1262 (9th Cir.1989). The Miller court, in considering prior Ninth Circuit cases on this issue, noted that polygraph evidence might be admissible if it is "introduced for a limited purpose that is unrelated to the substantive correctness of the results of the polygraph examination." Id. at 1261. In United States v. Bowen, 857 F.2d 1337, 1341 (9th Cir.1988), the court held that if "the polygraph evidence is being introduced because it is relevant that a polygraph examination was given, regardless of the result, then it may be admissible"

What you are looking at in general is a changing landscape concerning polygraph admissibility. if you dig into a lot of cases you'll see that #1 the evidence must be relevant which means having a bearing on or connection with the subject at issue and #2 the probative value must outweigh the potential prejudice. 
All evidence is subject to exclusion on that 2 pronged test.

What you should do is just stop saying that polygraph is inadmissible in court, but what I expect you to say now is that what you were saying all along is that polygraph is inadmissible in court except for New Mexico, Ohio, Indiana, Third, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits.

I fully expect Sergeant to chime in here accusing me of an ad hominum attack, but I submit that based on your postings there is infinitely more evidence that you are a ignorant, misinformed fool than there is that I am small minded, self serving, a charlatan, an idiot, or even a polygraph examiner.

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #50 - Aug 29th, 2008 at 2:58pm
SanchoPanza wrote on Aug 29th, 2008 at 1:17pm:
Quote:
I am sure that most victims that visit this site will see what I wrote was in fact accurate. oh...... except for New Mexico

Actually current general standard is that Judges are given discretion on whether or not to admit polygraph. 

OK what about Ohio v. Sharma (Case No. CR 06-09-3248),
Hovenden v. State of Indiana, 92A03-9903-CR-10

and the following is excerpted from United States of America, v. Julio Piccinonna, United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit. - 885 F.2d 1529 

Quote:
"the Third, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits, and the Court of Military Appeals permit admission of polygraph evidence even in the absence of a stipulation when special circumstances exist. The Third and Seventh Circuits permit polygraph evidence to be introduced for the purpose of rebutting a claim by the defendant that his confession was the result of coercion. United States v. Johnson, 816 F.2d 918, 923 (3rd Cir.1987); United States v. Kampiles, 609 F.2d 1233, 1245 (7th Cir.1979), cert. denied, 446 U.S. 954, 100 S.Ct. 2923, 64 L.Ed.2d 812 (1980). The Tenth Circuit has permitted the government to introduce the fact that the defendant failed a polygraph test to explain why the police detective had not conducted a more thorough investigation. United States v. Hall, 805 F.2d 1410 (10th Cir.1986). In its attempt to mitigate the potential problems with polygraph evidence, the Sixth Circuit has promulgated a two-step approach to admission. Wolfel v. Holbrook, 823 F.2d 970 (6th Cir.1987), cert. denied, --- U.S. ----, 108 S.Ct. 1035, 98 L.Ed.2d 999 (1988). "First, the trial court must determine if the proffered evidence is relevant. Second, if the court concludes that the proffered evidence is relevant, it must balance the probative value of the evidence against the hazard of unfair prejudice and/or confusion which could mislead the jury." Id. at 972. The Ninth Circuit holds polygraph evidence admissible only in instances narrowly tailored to limit the prejudicial impact of the evidence. United States v. Miller, 874 F.2d 1255, 1262 (9th Cir.1989). The Miller court, in considering prior Ninth Circuit cases on this issue, noted that polygraph evidence might be admissible if it is "introduced for a limited purpose that is unrelated to the substantive correctness of the results of the polygraph examination." Id. at 1261. In United States v. Bowen, 857 F.2d 1337, 1341 (9th Cir.1988), the court held that if "the polygraph evidence is being introduced because it is relevant that a polygraph examination was given, regardless of the result, then it may be admissible"

What you are looking at in general is a changing landscape concerning polygraph admissibility. if you dig into a lot of cases you'll see that #1 the evidence must be relevant which means having a bearing on or connection with the subject at issue and #2 the probative value must outweigh the potential prejudice. 
All evidence is subject to exclusion on that 2 pronged test.

What you should do is just stop saying that polygraph is inadmissible in court, but what I expect you to say now is that what you were saying all along is that polygraph is inadmissible in court except for New Mexico, Ohio, Indiana, Third, Sixth, Seventh, Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Circuits.

I fully expect Sergeant to chime in here accusing me of an ad hominum attack, but I submit that based on your postings there is infinitely more evidence that you are a ignorant, misinformed fool than there is that I am small minded, self serving, a charlatan, an idiot, or even a polygraph examiner.

Sancho Panza

You know what Sancho Panza I've had an epiphany.
YOUR RIGHT!!
Forget all that I have said in the past.
*I have chosen to follow you and your ideals.
*I am now willing to forget my personal experience.
*I am willing to disregard the NSA's report.
*I am willing to see that since I failed my test and have not been charged it must just be that the police lost my paperwork.
*I am willing to believe that most if not all false positives as well as false negatives ( Gary Ridgeway to mention one passed his poly) are just lies and possibly software glitches because Polygraphs detect lies at a rate of 98%
*I am willing to forget that examiners routinely LIE about Polygraph to bolster the publics idea that Polygraph does in fact detect lies.
*I am willing to suspend my assertion  that your position is a narrow minded, self serving one because you have no motive other than my own good to be here ( wasting countless hours on what you said were only a few vocal false positives ) to promote polygraphs validity.
* I am willing to acknowledge that just maybe I may have committed that crime, after all the polygraph said I was deceptive. Maybe the machine knows what I did or didn't do better than I do. 
* I am willing to join forces with you and defeat all these disgruntled, pathetic liars that are clearly on here cause they have nothing better to do than waste countless hours posting and giving you a bad name, shame on them dam it!
I only wish I knew where you lived I would love to intern for you. I would love to breath the essence of you Sancho.
I can't tell you how grateful I am to you for showing me the light it is such a relief to have some one to lead so I need not rely on my obviously misguided intellect.
Funny thing is that he will probably buy all this  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #51 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 1:50am
Quote:
It would just be an example of an error and errors occur in ANY scientific test.

There is that false syllogism again:

Errors occur in any scientific test.
The polygraph has errors.
The polygraph is therefore a scientific test!

Use of divining rods involve errors too.
Is use of a diving rod scientific?

As mentioned in another thread, the NAS report concluded that so called polygraph testing doesn't stand up to scientific scrutiny.

Just accept it.  The polygraph is an interrogation, not a valid test.  DNA testing is.  And it's testing procedure is not subjective like the polygraph and doesn't change across examiners, agencies...etc.

Mr. Webb, get help!  Mr. Sackett and Coffey are awaiting your arrival at the sanitarium.  You can all enjoy a relaxing cup of hot chocolate with them in the lounge.  Dr. Phil will be along afterwards to conduct a group session.  Don't be late!

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #52 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 2:32pm
Cullen  What happened to you?

Did you get angry and give somebody a piece of your mind then forget to ask for it back?

You haven't demonstrated that you have any qualifications whatsoever to determine what constitutes a scientific test and what doesn't. 

Let me Give you a couple of hints. My last name is NOT Webb and No one has ever called me Skip but you. 

Your powers of deduction rival the brilliance of a one watt bulb in front of a burning road flare at High Noon on an Arizona 4-lane highway. 

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #53 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 3:22am
SanchoPanza wrote on Aug 28th, 2008 at 1:53am:
Quote:
You know sancho if you would use your vast knowledge of polygraph and please explain how a truthful person fails a polygraph

OK pay attention. ANY scientific test by definition must have an error rate. If there is no error rate it cannot be called a scientific test. Scientific tests have accuracy rates and error rates. Accuracy Rate is what you have left after you subtract the error rate from 100% .Error rates are made up of False Positives and False Negatives. In Polygraph a False Positive is where the results of the examination indicate deception when the subject is telling the truth. A False Negative in Polygraph means that the results indicate truthfulness when the subject was in fact lying regarding a relevant issue. If you add the number of false positives to the number of false negatives and calculate the total as a percentage of the tests in a given group, you have the error rate.  

Generally in polygraph there are 3 possible results for examinations. Deception Indicated, No Deception Indicated and Inconclusive. Inconclusive results are not part of the error rate. Inconclusive just means that the data was unsuitable for evaluation. The NAS study said that more research needed to be done to quantify the error rate in polygraph. They said the same thing when they reviewed DNA research. 

I can't tell you every possible thing that could cause an error in a polygraph test any more than you could tell me every possible thing that could cause an error in a DNA comparison.  From the literature I have read, polygraphists shouldn't do an exam after an aggressive interrogation due to the possibility of physiological exhaustion causing an error, they don't permit extra people in the polygraph room in order to avoid errors caused by distraction due to talking or movement of the 3rd party, they don't test people with recent injuries to avoid errors caused by chronic pain and they don't conduct tests on people unable to comprehend the meaning of questions to avoid errors caused by misunderstanding the meaning of a question, etc. I can't name them all but errors do occur. If you look at other scientific tests you would discover that many have a much higher error rate than any quantified by known studies for polygraph.  A TB skin test for example has an error rate between 30 and 70%.

Error rates cannot be affected from within a testing protocol. If you change your scoring/evaluation criteria to reduce false positives, false negatives will increase proportionately. Error rates can only be changed by altering the protocol in some fashion. 

Since all scientific tests have error rates, necessarily forensic examinations used by the police also have error rates and a false positive in any of them could put a suspect in exactly the same predicament as a false positive in a polygraph test. 
This includes but isn’t limited to:

Latent Fingerprint comparison:   The FBI AFIS system sometimes provides dozens of probable matches that require further investigation. Sometimes it only kicks out one match and it’s the wrong guy. Why? I don’t know. Do you?
I won’t do that with the rest  but they all have error rates
Blood Alcohol Analysis (Breath)
Blood Alcohol Analysis (Blood)
Handwriting Comparison
Statement Analysis
Determination of speed from skid marks
Determination of speed from yaw marks
Determination of speed from deformation of metal
Presence of blood
Presence of human blood
Marijuana field test
Marijuana Lab test
Heroin Field test
Heroin Lab Test
as a matter of fact to save time all presumptive tests for drugs whether in the field or lab have error rates.
Urinalysis
Ink analysis
Identification of trace evidence
Foot Print Comparison
Puzzle fit analysis
Ballistics
Hair Analysis
I still stand by my previous post that if you took all of the people who have posted on this board during the last 8 years whining that they told the truth and failed their polygraph and added them to the 1325 signatures including Joke Names, Duplications and  Line Voided, during that same time period, and compared them to the number of polygraph tests administered during that same time period, you would find that you are a member of a  very tiny yet vocal group, even if you assume that every one of your number is the victim of some error.  

I would argue that if every one of you were found to have some error on your polygraph you couldn't successfully invalidate the 98% accuracy rate claim that Jack Trimarco allegedly made to Dr. Maschke regarding polygraph.

While an error in your particular case may be significant to you because of your personal involvement, the mere possibility that an error was made in your case is not that significant to the big picture.

Do you really think your interrogation would have been any less traumatic if you didn’t take a polygraph and the investigator decided you were the culprit? You just decided to focus on polygraph as the source of your discomfort when it was the interviewer that made you feel bad. 

I don't know of anyone who has ever been convicted of a crime based solely on the results of a polygraph, but a blanket statement that they cannot be admitted as evidence is innacurate. 

Sancho Panza  The character was the voice of reason in the face of insanity.

Or Perhaps a Fine Cigar

Ok since the threads title is Polygraph interrogation VS DNA testing.
I submit this scenario:
A women has been raped, a suspect is arrested, as part of the interrogation a Polygraph is administered ( as you know in an attempt   to get a confession because, thats all Polygraph is good for) suspect fails or passes the Polygraph, it's after all a possibility given the weak nature of the test, a confession is not attained. DNA evidence is found at the scene and on the victim, it's a match to the suspect.
At trial do you think that the Polygraph results will even be entered (what ever they may be) into the trial? I think not since they have a silver bullet in the DNA evidence a fully admissible scientific test that yields consistent valid and reliable results. 
You stated yourself that you know of no one that has ever been convicted solely on the results of a Polygraph. However MANY have been convicted and cleared by DNA testing. 
I doubt there are any DNA analysts on any web site defending their jobs. 
So lets stop comparing Polygraph to actual proven and accepted  scientific tests Sancho
Now for comparison I submit crystal balls, tarot cards, psychics
(police actually use them at times in cold cases as last ditch attempts and throw logic out the window) these are all fairly comparable to Polygraph and the validity of the results.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #54 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 12:38pm
IF IF IF IF

Notguilty1, Si su tía tuviera testículos, ella sería su tío.

It's not up to me, It's up to the judge what evidence is admitted and if you have read my previous post regarding the courts where polygraph has been admitted and the criteria for admission you will see that it might go either way. 

If DNA and latent Print Comparison confirms that the bloody palmprint found on the murder weapon belongs to the suspect and is the victim's blood, you're saying it would be all over right? Go to Jail, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200.00?   

Or what if two fingerprint experts disagreed that the print was the suspects? 

Or what if the DNA Match was only 1 in 1000 instead of one in a trillion? 

Or what if there was a plausible reason for the boody print other than the suspect committing the murder?

Real Life isn't a Sherlock Holmes novel or CSI Miami. Crime Scene Specialists hardly ever get involved in shootouts or interviews and criminal cases are never won or lost based on one person's interpretation of a single piece of evidence. 

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #55 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 4:26pm
[quote author=192B242922251A2B24302B4A0 link=1219471353/45#54 date=1220186314]IF IF IF IF

Notguilty1, Si su tía tuviera testículos, ella sería su tío.

It's not up to me, It's up to the judge what evidence is admitted and if you have read my previous post regarding the courts where polygraph has been admitted and the criteria for admission you will see that it might go either way. 

If DNA and latent Print Comparison confirms that the bloody palmprint found on the murder weapon belongs to the suspect and is the victim's blood, you're saying it would be all over right? Go to Jail, Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200.00?  

Or what if two fingerprint experts disagreed that the print was the suspects? 

Or what if the DNA Match was only 1 in 1000 instead of one in a trillion? 

Or what if there was a plausible reason for the boody print other than the suspect committing the murder?

Real Life isn't a Sherlock Holmes novel or CSI Miami. Crime Scene Specialists hardly ever get involved in shootouts or interviews and criminal cases are never won or lost based on one person's interpretation of a single piece of evidence. 

Sancho Panza
[/quote

FACT STILL REMAINS THAT DNA HAS, AND DOES ROUTINELY CONVICT CRIMINALS AND EXONERATE THE INNOCENT. 
POLYGRAPH ON THE OTHER HAND HAS AND STILL DOES NOT. ANY EXPLANATION FOR THAT???? SANCHO???
Besides my example did not include a murder or a weapon, finger or palm prints, it was a rape with DNA left on the victim, semen if your need specifics 
Very true to your style you alter the scenario to suit your needs. NICE TRY!
As I stated in my case scenario ( not CSI Miami, this scenario happens in real life every day) the DNA evidence would surly convict the suspect and Polygraph results would most likely not even be brought in. Why??? Because the Polygraph results ( without a confession as a direct result of the Polygraph interrogation) would be laughed at by any defense attorney and most likely by judge too.
My failed Polygraph is still sitting on the detectives desk doing NOTHING! Why would that be if it was so reliable ( the examiner told me 98% accurate!!) you'd think with a scientific, expensive ( I'm told) with a examiner with over 30 years experience why would it not be a slam dunk conviction?? I WAS NOT EVEN CHARGED WITH A CRIME IN SPITE OF MY FAILED POLYGRAPH. 

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #56 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:27pm
NotGuilty! Wenn Ihre Großmutter Hoden hätte, würde sie Ihr Großvater sein

Let's use your example minus your unfounded presumptions. 
"A women (Do you means woman or multiple victims?) has been raped, a suspect is arrested, as part of the interrogation a Polygraph is administered. The suspect fails or passes the Polygraph, a confession is not attained. DNA evidence is found at the scene and on the victim, it's a match to the suspect.
At trial do you think that the Polygraph results will even be entered (what ever they may be) into the trial? I think not since they have a silver bullet in the DNA evidence a fully admissible scientific test that yields consistent valid and reliable results. "

As to your question about Polygraph,  It's not up to me, It's up to the judge what evidence is admitted and if you have read my previous post regarding the courts where polygraph has been admitted and the criteria for admission you will see that it might go either way.

As to whether or not the DNA is a "Silver Bullet" It is not absolute proof. In order to admit the DNA, the prosecutor has to prove that the victim was indeed raped, that the rapist actually ejaculated or leaked seminal fluid,(Many Rapists Don't),that the source of the DNA was really seminal fluid and uncontaminated by blood or epithelial cells,  that the seminal fluid was not transferred from another surface to the victim by contact,(Locard's Principle in action), that other possible suspect's know or unknown semen or DNA samples were not present. (Hotel Bedspreads may have stains or transfers from dozens of donors; Home bedding may have several depending on the habits of the people who live in the house and the quality of the alleged match. (1 in 1000 vs 1 in a trillion).  Then you have to prove that the sample was collected according to accepted forensic protocols, that the laboratory followed proper analysis procedure and finally that there was no police misconduct. 

I assure you any defense attorney that didn't get his Law Degree from a box of Cracker Jack is going to attack all of those issues because if he can raise reasonable doubt in the mind of a single juror on just one of those issues, then the rapist walks out of court laughing at the system. Assuming of course, they had the right guy to begin with.  Remember, due to pre-trial discovery the defense attorney gets to plan his attack for months before the trial.

Even if you reconstruct your scenario to repair all those dents I just put in your "Silver Bullet" my answer regarding polygraph will still be based on what the courts have said so far. In other words It's not up to me, It's up to the judge what evidence is admitted and if you have read my previous post regarding the courts where polygraph has been admitted and the criteria for admission you will see that it might go either way. One of the errors in your scenario would be that if the polygraph were offered as evidence by EITHER SIDE the results of the examination would be material to the probative value of the evidence, whether it bolstered the states evidence or refuted it.

I also have a problem with calling a test that can return match results anywhere from  1 in a thousand to 1 in a trillion "Consistent"

Of course all things being equal, an admissible confession in a rape case generally results in a Plea Deal, thus saving the victim from further trauma at the hands of the defense attorney and the state would save the time and expense of defending all of those attacks on your Silver Bullet.

Really Notguilty1   MOVE ON

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #57 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:44pm
NotGuilty1   

If Just If your polygraph was in fact a false positive what damages have you sufferred as a result other than an uncomfortable interrogation. 

If you  really want to know why you weren't charged and it didn't have anything to do with you begging your boss for mercy and paying the money back, why don't you just ask the detective? 

That would end the speculation, but if you want to claim it wasn't filed because the polygraph was the only evidence they had, be prepared to be asked for proof.  You aren't very believable. 

Or if you're too embarrassed to ask,  send me his name and number and I'll call him for you.

If he submitted the case and the D.A. decided to Nolle prosequi with or without explanation the detective probably wasn't too happy either.

Sancho Panza

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #58 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 12:01am
SanchoPanza wrote on Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:44pm:
NotGuilty1  

If Just If your polygraph was in fact a false positive what damages have you sufferred as a result other than an uncomfortable interrogation. 

If you  really want to know why you weren't charged and it didn't have anything to do with you begging your boss for mercy and paying the money back, why don't you just ask the detective? 

That would end the speculation, but if you want to claim it wasn't filed because the polygraph was the only evidence they had, be prepared to be asked for proof.  You aren't very believable. 

Or if you're too embarrassed to ask,  send me his name and number and I'll call him for you.

If he submitted the case and the D.A. decided to Nolle prosequi with or without explanation the detective probably wasn't too happy either.

Sancho Panza

Sancho again you show your pompous ass attitude and thanks for that.
No there is no IF in my case I did not commit the crime and there was also no IF in the false positive ( or better yet it did what Polygraphs do  "measure a reaction to a question)  and it had nothing to do with guilt.
I know this falls on deaf ears with you since your thing is to find liars with your silly machine.
I did not need to beg anyone and the accuser was not my "boss" and certainly didn't pay anything to him. I had nothing to do with that theft  so there was nothing to pay.
As to what I suffered. In dollars and cents probably little. What it showed me however was that there is a scam being perpetuated on the american public so I have been taught that when you see injustice you attempt all you can to right it. I am sure this was lost in your upbringing and you obviously have been taught to get yours no matter what the method.
As for asking the detective I have 2 responses.
1) I had nothing to do with the theft so if they have something to charge me with they know where I am. I am done being "cooperative"
2) The detective and his "examiner" have shown themselves to be liars and not above lying to an honest citizen that was more than willing to cooperate with the assumption that I was dealing with a man of honor. He clearly was not. In my subsequent research into the matter I discovered that the police are not on the side of the honest and simply want a confession ( this comes from police friends and family I have spoken to as well as other legal research).
The detective knows all he has is his silly poly result and that is inadmissible in court!

All I wish for you Sancho is that one day you'll be on the receiving end of your "test" . It can happen unless as I am sure you may, you decline to be tested because of your knowledge of the test in an attempt to get out of being tested.

JUST BECAUSE I DID NOT SUFFER ANY MONETARY LOSS AS A RESULT OF MY FAILED POLYGRAPH DOES NOT MEAN I DON'T STAND UP FOR WHAT I KNOW IS INJUSTICE AND GO AFTER GEEKS LIKE YOU AND THE SCAM YOU PERPETUATE ON OTHERS.

Sancho, sei proprio un deficente che non hai mai imparato il modo che si vive con horore !
how's that for language?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #59 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 12:13am
SanchoPanza wrote on Aug 31st, 2008 at 8:27pm:
NotGuilty! Wenn Ihre [highlight]Großmutter Hoden hätte, würde sie Ihr Großvater sein[/highlight]

Let's use your example minus your unfounded presumptions. 
"A women (Do you means woman or multiple victims?) has been raped, a suspect is arrested, as part of the interrogation a Polygraph is administered. The suspect fails or passes the Polygraph, a confession is not attained. DNA evidence is found at the scene and on the victim, it's a match to the suspect.
At trial do you think that the Polygraph results will even be entered (what ever they may be) into the trial? I think not since they have a silver bullet in the DNA evidence a fully admissible scientific test that yields consistent valid and reliable results. "

As to your question about Polygraph,  It's not up to me, It's up to the judge what evidence is admitted and if you have read my previous post regarding the courts where polygraph has been admitted and the criteria for admission you will see that it might go either way.

As to whether or not the DNA is a "Silver Bullet" It is not absolute proof. In order to admit the DNA, the prosecutor has to prove that the victim was indeed raped, that the rapist actually ejaculated or leaked seminal fluid,(Many Rapists Don't),that the source of the DNA was really seminal fluid and uncontaminated by blood or epithelial cells,  that the seminal fluid was not transferred from another surface to the victim by contact,(Locard's Principle in action), that other possible suspect's know or unknown semen or DNA samples were not present. (Hotel Bedspreads may have stains or transfers from dozens of donors; Home bedding may have several depending on the habits of the people who live in the house and the quality of the alleged match. (1 in 1000 vs 1 in a trillion).  Then you have to prove that the sample was collected according to accepted forensic protocols, that the laboratory followed proper analysis procedure and finally that there was no police misconduct. 

I assure you any defense attorney that didn't get his Law Degree from a box of Cracker Jack is going to attack all of those issues because if he can raise reasonable doubt in the mind of a single juror on just one of those issues, then the rapist walks out of court laughing at the system. Assuming of course, they had the right guy to begin with.  Remember, due to pre-trial discovery the defense attorney gets to plan his attack for months before the trial.

Even if you reconstruct your scenario to repair all those dents I just put in your "Silver Bullet" my answer regarding polygraph will still be based on what the courts have said so far. In other words It's not up to me, It's up to the judge what evidence is admitted and if you have read my previous post regarding the courts where polygraph has been admitted and the criteria for admission you will see that it might go either way. One of the errors in your scenario would be that if the polygraph were offered as evidence by EITHER SIDE the results of the examination would be material to the probative value of the evidence, whether it bolstered the states evidence or refuted it.

I also have a problem with calling a test that can return match results anywhere from  1 in a thousand to 1 in a trillion "Consistent"

Of course all things being equal, an admissible confession in a rape case generally results in a Plea Deal, thus saving the victim from further trauma at the hands of the defense attorney and the state would save the time and expense of defending all of those attacks on your Silver Bullet.

Really Notguilty1   MOVE ON

Sancho Panza

Your childish posts show your fear that the truth is upon you.
sancho wrote at the start of this post:
Wenn Ihre Großmutter Hoden hätte, würde sie Ihr Großvater sein

Sancho, My grandmother did not have testicles so she wasn't my grandfather. Me on the other hand .... I do have them and use them when appropriate and look behind you sancho because a set of testicles attached to a large bull is on you. Grin Grin Grin
BTW I will withhold any comment on your grandparents or parents. I am sure they are fine people that have enough with dealing with how you turned out.  Cry Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Polygraph Interrogation versus DNA testing results

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X