Normal Topic Second chance.. . Advice needed! (Read 1838 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polyh8r
New User

Second chance.. . Advice needed!
Aug 4th, 2008 at 6:56pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Two years ago I was subjected to a Polygraph test for a job as a Police Officer.  I disclosed everything and told the whole truth and nothing but the truth....  You guessed it... FALSE POSITIVE..  When asked if I had ever taken drugs I answered with no (truth),  the examiner told me that with out a doubt I was lying!! Also when asked questions on handeling stolen goods the examiner told me I was lying..  I have been invited back to re-apply and I am super worried about this stupid interogation.  The LE agency uses the  Lafayette LX 4000 to screen applicants.  Do any of you guys know if this device can detect the butt squeeze counter measure.   
I'll be damned if i'm gonna let this magic box stand the the way of my lifetime dream of becoming a Police Officer!
Angry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: Second chance.. . Advice needed!
Reply #1 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 10:53pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I'll give you the standard polygrapher reply.

Gee, you must of just had a bad examiner.

Gee, you must be one of the those rare false positives cases.  But hey, no test is perfect.   

Gee, you must be making this up.  After all, the test is 98% accurate!

Gee, I don't know.  There are so many variables that could have  gone awry, but the test is still 98% accurate.

What makes you feel so ENTITLED to a job in LE?  What makes you so SPECIAL?

I don't know about the butt puckering detection part of your question, but there are other CM you can use.  Count backwards from 113 in increments of 6.  Bite the side of your tongue.

TC
« Last Edit: Aug 5th, 2008 at 2:01am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Second chance.. . Advice needed!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X