Normal Topic And the truth will set you free...NOT! (Read 2684 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notfair

And the truth will set you free...NOT!
Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:17am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took my poly for the first time for a police department in AZ. Everyone just said tell the truth and you'll do fine. Well, that didn't work!

Needless to say, I failed the test. I wished I knew about this site before I went because I made some mistakes. It was my first and was nervous but tried my best to say to myself "I got this; there is nothing to hide."

Even though I didn't lie about my drug use, that's the question I mostly failed but he did say I pretty much failed the whole test. Just as is the booklet, the examiner said I was failing the lying to Authority and love ones questions....damn LIAR! Grin Angry I know the truth now.

I have never used, sold, or transported drugs but the man I was with 15 years ago for a SHORT time (less then a year) did. I was a minor at the time. The question was asked why that questioned bothered me. I said it didn't. But with further interrogations saying I can't help you if you don't say anything I did mention some of the activities my ex was involved in and I was present sometimes but never done it myself. I asked what does this have to do with me? I thought this is about what I have done. He had me write a statement and sign it as did he so he could pass it along to my background investigator. I talked to my Background Investigator and said he will talk to the polygrapher to see if he will re-test me.

I hope I didn't blow my chances by giving a statement even though it wasn't about me. Undecided

I am pursuing other departments and hope to land PD job in any city. Now that I know the truth behind this, it makes me sick to my stomach but am still worried about passing another poly test. Embarrassed 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: And the truth will set you free...NOT!
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2008 at 5:20am
Quote:
He had me write a statement and sign it as did he so he could pass it along to my background investigator.

You are under no obligation to write out a signed statement to a polygrapher.  His job is to get as much info out of you as possible, not to test your truthfulness.  If you were being questioned by police as some sort of suspect (and in a polygraph you are a SUSPECT), would an attorney want you to sign a statement without first seeking his/her advice?   No, he would tell you to just answer their questions truthfully, but don't volunteer information!

Were the questions really bothering you?  Or just the fact he was calling you a liar?  If the questions were not bothering you, and you told him that, repeatedly, that should be the end of it.  Just tell him you've answered his questions and tell him to just do whatever he's gotta do Mr. Polygrapher dude! 

It's like being in a auto dealership and the salesman is badgering you about buying some extras you don't need or want.  They are hoping to wear you down and get you to "GIVE IN" so you can get outta there.  

Quote:
I am pursuing other departments and hope to land PD job in any city. Now that I know the truth behind this, it makes me sick to my stomach but am still worried about passing another poly test

This has a way of following you around.  Most LE agencies you apply for will ask if you have ever taken a poly, and where.

Whatever happens, just learn from your experience and WARN EVERYONE YOU KNOW!  Get the word out.  That is what this site is all about!

TC

P.S.  If you were a pathological liar and had no belief whatsoever in the validity of the test, rather than being a truthful applicant wanting to cooperate in every way, you'd probably have passed.

P.P.S.  Forget about a retest.  People rarely pass them, because polygraphers don't like having their powers questioned and are predisposed to fail you.

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notfair

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 6:50pm
First I would like to thank antipolygraph.com and the author of "The lie behind the lie detector" for exposing the truth!!! I have made it my mission to forward this site to all those I know.

Just an update on my situation. The police department gave me another chance to take the polygraph and it was with the same person the first time. This time I had a secret weapon that this site has provided me. I went in and past my test the second time around.

I told some people in the gym about failing me first polygraph then later told them I past the second. About a week later one of the members came up to me and said they failed the poly at the same department. I forwarded this info to him and he will be retesting soon. 

Thank you again for this website  and I will be sure to donate towards your cause. I am still in disbelief that law enforcement agencies are relying on such a rediculous device.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 9:55pm
sorry, accidental double post.
« Last Edit: Aug 3rd, 2008 at 8:29am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 10:00pm
I am glad you see this site as "exposing the truth".

An anonymous polygrapher from a pro-polygraph site referred to those providing the infomation on this site as:

Quote:
.....those that seek to arm sex offenders and criminals of the state with manipulative false-propoganda....

http://www.polygraphplace.com/ubb/NonCGI/Forum10/HTML/000044.html

7th post down the thread

You are in a unique position now being a person with a firsthand experience with the polygraph.

IP Logged

And the truth will set you free...NOT!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X