Normal Topic Poly for Deputy Sherrif (Read 4661 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Kyle Hammer

Poly for Deputy Sherrif
Jul 16th, 2008 at 5:15pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey everybody, yesterday was the day i took my second polygraph to become a custody assistant. The questions on the poly are exactly the same as the ones for a deputy sheriff. the first time i took the test it came up inconclusive because even the simplest questions like is your name Kyle and do you live at 217... came up that i was lying. What a joke, i went back yesterday hoping to pass but now have come to relieve what a piece of shit these lie detectors are. I was drilled by my examiner for over an hour and a half cause he thought i was hiding something from him. He told me that nerves wouldn't have thrown off the first test like it has and that i must have something major on my mind. He was all like "the poly doesn't lie its an awesome piece of equipment."  I continued to tell him there was nothing at all and he finally tested me. Afterwards i come back into the room where he completely gets all defensive saying i was purposely trying to throw off his charts. Then he said i failed in the categorizes of stealing and smoking marijuana. I started laughing in his face because i haven't smoked any marijuana in my life simply cause i wanted this job since i was young. He was also saying that my was was twitching and my butt check moved and threw off everything. I was like its completely impossible to sit still and not move one muscle in your body. Overall he basically was calling me a lier to my face and was telling me i was trying to hide something. I find it funny that my dad is a deputy sheriff and tells he that the lie detector is like voodoo science and that he lied on all the ones he took and passed with flying colors. WHAT A JOKE!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: Poly for Deputy Sherrif
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 9:44pm
Kyle,

Don't blame the polygraph because of your own shortcoming!

It is 98% accurate, based on tons of industry literature and numerous studies done by "deception detection" industry scientists.  You may have seen some of them on Oprah or Dr. Phil.

You probably just had a bad examiner.  It is quite rare to have the experience you had with the process.  Don't believe the horror stories you read from a handful of cry babies on this site.  Maybe you were lying to the examiner and just didn't know it.  Ever consider that?

Also, there are many factors outside the control of the examiner which could have effected the results of your test.  What factors?  Well, uh, that's a good question.  Um, I don't have time to list them for you now.  So don't ask!

Also, don't blame the test just because you decided to pucker your disgusting little anus during the test.  That was you decision.  LIVE WITH THE RESULTS!

Lastly,  I recommend you visit "The Polygraph Place" website to get the truth about the polygraph.  This site was established by polygraphers with years and years of experience.   They can give the real facts concerning this much maligned test.  Unless you think polygraphers are in the habit of lying to people, in which case go ahead, stay here and join the PITY PARTY!

Sarcastically Yours,

TC

P.S.  What makes you feel so darned ENTITLED to a job with this LE organization?  Get over it!

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2008 at 12:33am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box kyle

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 6:00am
haha sorry i offended you, you sound just like these guys who are the poly graph examiners.  What are you a god damn spokes person for them? You sound like you love the machine so much you want to make love with it. They obviously are not 98% accurate cause my name and address came up as lies on the first poly. What do you have to say for THAT ONE? END OF STORY

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2008 at 7:21am
GOTCHA!

I was just kidding.

You are right, the polygraph is bogus!

We used to have polygraphers post crap like that on this board in an attempt at "damage control", but they've mostly disappeared.  Probably finally realized they were doing more harm than good post here in trying to defend the indefensible.

I hope I didn't piss you off too much.   Tongue

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Poly for Deputy Sherrif

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X