Normal Topic Civil Litigation and Academic Dishonesty (Read 4316 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Willlyman

Civil Litigation and Academic Dishonesty
Jul 10th, 2008 at 7:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I recievd a COE from the CIA and want to know how to best address an issue relating to an expulsion for academic dishonesty, a civil rights court case which eventually reinstated me and had my record wiped clean, and a large settlement (more than 1/2 a million US) from the school in question. The record is sealed, and I have since obtained a grad degree from another Ivy League school, however in the event that the BIs go to my ugrad school and a sore Dean there rats me out, I am conflicted about how to address the issue. Part of the settlement requires confidentiality on the part of myself as well as the school and the deans--but they really hate me there.

I guess my general question is how do (civil rights) civil cases impact a BI? I have never seen a DOHA decsion which denied a person a clearance for suing another party;however, clearance and suitability issues are not the same. I can have no disqualiying information surface in my BI, but the hirring agency could surely say this guy is messy and problematic....and if we screw him he will sue the hell out of us. 

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

BTW, the CIA DOES NOT REQUIRE you to reside in America for the past 5-7 years as read on this board. I have worked in Iraq and the Balkans for the past 5 years and this was not a problem--granted it was as a DOS and USAID contractor.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mild7

Re: Civil Litigation and Academic Dishonesty
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 8:14am
  Just curious, did the CIA seem to have any kind of problem with u having and maintaining contacts overseas?  If I get a degree from a foreign University, and stay in touch with a few professors there (Close with the Professor of Social Psychology.) would that hurt my chances of getting into the CIA? I noticed that the website says to maintain professional contacts through academic study, getting some mixed signals here.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box William

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 8:59am
I don't know. I doubt it, but ask me after the BI is complete. They are not close associates.  The officer who works in recruiting that I deal with actually thought it was kinda cool working abroad and making tons of cheddar. Then again, working at US Embassy Baghdad is a lot different than chillin' in Iran for a few years with your Kuridsh amour. 

One thing I did gleam from another agency about living abroad is that if you are going to goof off in Uzbekistan for a few years you should enroll in school there and intern at the local US diplomatic mission. This lends some legitamacy to you and masks your true mission there which is to screw Eastern European and Central Asian dveys.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mild7

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 1:04pm
yeah i imagine so, but are there internships at the US Embassy? I live in Japan and the US Embassy website here says they don't offer any internships, not sure about volunteer posistions though.

1 more thing, are there exams other than the ones mentioned on the site ?(med/psy&poly), like Math exams or anything? I'd like to apply for the internship, but allergic to math exams.

Good luck with ur BI!

IP Logged

Civil Litigation and Academic Dishonesty

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X