Normal Topic any truthful liars out there? (Read 6361 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ryan angulo victim
New User

any truthful liars out there?
Jun 19th, 2008 at 4:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i have never searched the web for polygraph stuff untill i was interogated by polygrapher ryan angulo. i went in there knowing that an honest man fears nothing and Wham! i was suddenly being accused of things i did not do. i was accused of lying and failed my polygraph. 

in all fairness i stronly believe he believes i was lying. the fact of the matter is that i lost a job based on his false polygraph reading. i have been a police officer for three years and now i stand to be tainted by his poor polygraph ability. i am in total shock that i was failed. I told the truth and got screwed. i have had three cops i know pass the poly test and they each lied! this tool needs to be used only for investigating areas of deception, but it can also send an investigator in the wrong direction by not being 100% perfect. I feel at least do an investigation into the allegation and then DQ the person.

i recently passed a polygraph test. i told the the examiner that i had deception hits on a certain question. he probed into the same question and told me he had No deception. i hope that polygraphers at least think about the people they wrongly took a career from. I can bet that there is not one polygrapher out there that can say they have been 100% every time. Ryan Angulo you have been wrong at least once.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Re: any truthful liars out there?
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 5:29am
Quote:
I told the truth and got screwed. i have had three cops i know pass the poly test and they each lied! this tool needs to be used only for investigating areas of deception, but it can also send an investigator in the wrong direction by not being 100% perfect. I feel at least do an investigation into the allegation and then DQ the person.

If people who tell the truth can fail, and people who lie can pass, then how do you figure it should only be used "for investigating areas of deception"?  It obviously ISN'T DETECTING DECEPTION!

Maybe they should use tarot cards.

Quote:
i hope that polygraphers at least think about the people they wrongly took a career from.

They don't.  Read some of the post's polygraphers have made on this board.  For the most part, they are arrogant, pompous and in denial.

TC

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: any truthful liars out there?
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 7:40am
A common refrain you will hear from many polygraph examiners on this board is, "Nobody owes you a job."

That, of course, does not address the inaccuracy of the polygraph during pre-employment screening, so why do they write it so often?  I haven't read any posts on this board claiming this department or that agency "owes" them a job, but I have read a lot from people who are frustrated and confused because they told the truth on a polygraph, failed the polygraph, and subsequently were removed from consideration for a law enforcement position.

Using the polygraph examiners' stated logic, if police agencies flipped a coin when each applicant showed up for their oral board, and summarily dismissed anyone whose coin landed on "tails", anyone who complained about the process being unfair is obviously under the erroneous impression that the police "owe them a job."

Readers can decide for themselves if that sounds reasonable or not.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

any truthful liars out there?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X