Normal Topic Taking the challenge of my detractors and challenging the APA (Read 8415 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Taking the challenge of my detractors and challenging the APA
Jun 11th, 2008 at 3:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
OK everyone, 

Lately I have been engaging with a simpleton named “LieGuyToo”. There is one constant taunt which keeps spewing from this vile person’s mouth.  I have thought about this little taunt and come up with a solution which will half achieve what he seems to so badly want.  Having said that, I will now quote this childish little school yard taunt. It is a cut and paste from the messages itself.

“going to APA this year? it's a great place to meet friends!  ”

“again, i hear the apa is a plac to meet new friends! but i see u preferr chating it up with the SOs”

OK.  It seems to me that this guy wants me to go to the APA convention this year.  The only reasonable explanation is because there might be a group of people who wish to have a confrontation.   

I have made it clear to this person that I do not walk into ambushes any more.  It happened at TAPE with the cowardly ambush of Mike Chimarys and the Woods.  They did it intentionally to bring this to a whole new personal level.  However, I am not afraid of going into a hot LZ when a fight needs to be fought.  So I will give them half of what they want.  If you people want me to go to the APA convention and walk the gauntlet, you got it.  But I will do it under my conditions or not at all.  If you want me on the front line, then they will have to put up too.

First, I will allow one hour in front of any and all polygraph examiners.  I will answer any question asked of me in a straightforward manner so long as it is relative to the lawsuit and I have an opportunity to respond UNINTERRUPTED.   

Second, I will not refuse to answer any reasonable question so long as it is not personal or mean spirited. I will not answer a repeated question which is worded differently.  I will not sit there while 101 questions are fired at me at the same time.  If you want to take me on, then do it one at a time.  Insults to my wife will not be tolerated, period.  Have some class guys. Once I answer a question, someone can expand on it, but I will not repeat myself.  Members of the APA’s committee regarding sex offender guidelines shall be there, including Mr. Holden.  The president of the APA shall be there.  The chairman of the APA shall be there.  Anyone attending the conference who is a member of the TAPE leadership shall be there.  Anyone attending the conference who is a listed defendant of the lawsuit shall be there.  They will be the first to start asking questions. I will answer the questions in full and uninterrupted.  Anyone intentionally disrupting any part of this session will be ejected, no questions asked, and shall not be admitted back.  Now comes the good part for me.  After my Q&A session is over, then I get to ask questions of any of the membership in attendance and the above listed persons.  No one will refuse to answer any reasonable question regarding the lawsuit, TAPE policy if there is leadership from TAPE there, or APA policy.  Answers shall be direct and unambiguous.   

Should there be any intentional skirting of any question, the APA will be billed my travel costs.  Should there be any threats made to me or my wife at any point, the Q&A will end and the APA will be billed my travel costs. Should the above named persons not be there and willing to answer questions as I have proposed, the session will not happen and the APA will be billed my travel costs.  I will be there and the other people should be there too barring your own death, heart attack or stroke.  Should anyone touch me in any manner which is assault, I will press charges, and the APA will be billed my travel costs and security costs.  Just because I will allow myself to be at your mercy verbally doesn’t give anyone the right to touch me other than a friendly hand shake.

I will be there for only one day and the session will last no more than three hours.  For one of those hours, I will be given the opportunity that TAPE was too cowardly to give me and present why I felt the need to take the actions that I had and how I came to those decisions.

The session will be audio and video taped by me and if APA wishes to do so, then they are welcome too.  Other than that, there will be no audio or video recording.  If you want a copy, then ask the APA or me.  I won’t edit the recording as I bet some have already done.  Unlike the rest of the examiners in this case, I have nothing to hide.

Of course, this is not all inclusive.  Some things can be negotiated by the lawyers involved.  If you take my challenge to accept Lieguytoo challenge all terms will be laid out in a legal, binding and enforceable contract.

Ok, it’s on the table.  Lieguytoo thinks I am afraid of the APA.  He feels that I will not stand up and defend myself. Well, I guess I just proved him wrong.  This is the chance for all the polygraph examiners to get redemption.  I am putting myself out on a sliver platter.  All the APA has to do is have a high ranking member of the leadership committee who has decision making and contract signing authority to call.

Let’s see if they have the guts to stand by the convictions of their members.  This is day one of my offer. The offer goes off the table on July 4th.  Time to put up or shut up boys.  If I am so wrong here is your chance to embarrass me.  Any official response will be made public.  Any lack of official response will just confirm that they have something to hide and that even when it is just me against all of them, they are still afraid to face my accusations and me.   

I have been told that they want to go to trial.  The lawyers involved in the defense don’t seem that confident.  I can see why the APA might be apprehensive as well.

I am calling you all out.  Either be men enough to stand by what has been posted on both polygraph place, AP and in personal messages which have been both personal and racist. Or you lack the courage of your convictions and I am the better man.

Unlike lieguytoo I don’t hide.

My contact info is on past posts, go look for it.

June 11 will be the fist day of this challenge.

I will not entertain any answer from anyone other than idenified APA leadership.

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Re: Taking the challenge of my detractors and challenging the APA
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 2:33pm
I predict silence will be the resultant response from the A.P.A.

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2008 at 8:42pm
nopolycop wrote on Jun 11th, 2008 at 2:33pm:
I predict silence will be the resultant response from the A.P.A.

I don't understand why.

Everyone seems to think they can prove I am 100% wrong.  This is their chance to have at me.  No court rules, no objections of anything within the guidelines, no one withholding anyone from telling the truth, and for the first time in this whole nightmare, everyone will get their day, including me. 

If I am such an embarrassment, then they have the opportunity to be the men they say they are and tell me to my face.  If they have nothing to hide, then they would not mind a few questions.  It is only fair.  Are they afraid that once I get up there and have an "honest" chance of explaining myself that some examiners will see I have a point?  Why be afraid of one person?

It is a one vs. several hundreds fight.  They will have home turf advantage.  I am confident enough to step up and walk the line.  I am shocked that they would not be.  I mean, come on, they are the APA.  The all powerful and all knowing.

I think I know what it is.  They are not confident that their argument will prevail in a fair and organized forum.  These little invites which lieguytoo has made are made to anger, entice me into just showing up, and then defend myself in an ambush.  That is just like what TAPE did at the direction of Mike Chimarys with the Wood's playing the horn section.  Then, when the general meeting comes around, it happens one hour before my attorney was expected there so I would be denied the chance to present my grievances in a fair and proper forum. And the band played on.

I think it is funny that I am thought of as a bully by one the defense lawyers but the only people who seem to be engaging in bulling activities has been most of the defendants and the very lawyer who accuses me of being a bully in the first place.  I guess they need to minimize and justify their actions somehow.  Projecting is one way to do it.

I have been issued a challenge by this “lieguytoo”, who seems to feel that I will "make friends" at the APA convention.  Well, I love making new friends, but I somehow doubt that is the reason that lieguytoo is encouraging me to go to the APA convention.   

I will not take lieguytoo’s invitation. First, I did not receive an invite to the party by someone in authority.  Sorry lieguytoo, I do not take invitations from people who will not identify themselves.  Second, I do not blindly walk into ambushes.  I did that one already and once is all it takes to learn a lesson in others bullying behaviors.  Lastly, it is only fair that I get what I give.  I am done with the one way street crap.   

If the members of the APA want me served up as a sacrifice to the Polygraph Gods, then here is their chance.  They should call the APA leadership and tell them that they want their chance.  Their one chance to have me in a public forum and ask what they want with no rules of civil procedure, no judges other than the members, no objections to any questions within the guidelines, and no barriers to the truth.  There will be nothing there but air and opportunity.

In my personal opinion, if they do not take me up on it, then they show that they have something to hide.  Most of these guys are ex-law enforcement.  I am very sure they have use the old line of, "if you have nothing to hide, then you have nothing to worry about."  It will become clear that things like that only apply to those whom they wish to get a confession.  I personally think they are worried about something getting out there, given that it is twenty years since 1988; I guess I would be worried too.  So much for being "dedicated to the truth." I guess it is all talk and no action.

Am I the only polygraph examiner who does care for the truth and wants to give everyone and anyone to have their chance and their day in court?

You see lieguytoo says "we want you competent to stand trial!" then their lawyers try to do everything they can so this does not get to a jury trial.  The AG's Office is doing their best to make sure this does not get to trial.  Yet they tell me they cannot wait to get to trial. Are they trying to convince themselves or me?

If I was them and I were convinced that I was right, then I would be happy to take it to trial.  If I were confident that I would get attorney fees, then I would want to take it to trial.  If I had a slam dunk case, which is what they seem to think that they have, then I would be eager to exonerate my clients and what was the word lieguytoo used, oh yes, "redeem" them. Yet, they are all doing their best to make damn well sure that a jury does not hear this case and my mouth is shut to the truth. When one looks at it logically, it does not look like they are truly all that confident.   

I do not lack the courage of my convictions.  Come on Mr. Dutton, Mr. Kraphol, and Mr. Vaughan, give your members what they want it and do it fairly.  If your members want me to walk the gauntlet, I am offering myself up.  I guess the polygraph community in general is just like Chimarys and Wood.  They have the guts to ambush me rather than debate me fairly.  If that and lieguytoo’s direct intimidation of a plaintiff are tactics that  the APA considers ethical and acceptable, then I guess that speaks to the kind of men they are.  Of course I hope I am wrong about the APA.

If the APA does not take my challenge, then it will send one message loud and clear.  The APA and some of its members have something to hide, from the community, from some of its members, and even from themselves. Me? I have nothing to hide and I operate in a fish bowl.  What I do is above board.

I am still awaiting word.

Millie Up

Go Celtics, #17 is within reach

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #3 - Jun 12th, 2008 at 5:36pm
Day 2.  I guess they are working on the logistics

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 5:22pm
Day three,

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 5:59pm
Day four

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #6 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 6:55pm
Thank you,

Yes it is day four.  I guess lieguytoo is the only one who wants to get me into that ambush again.  Maybe a fair chance is too much to handle for these people.   

It seems that I am the only polygraph examiner in the country who feels fair play and good faith mean anything.  Yes everyone these are the people whom everyone should trust to remain impartial until after the charts are hand scored.  They won't even give one of their own a fair chance.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 6:05pm
Day six.

Joe

IP Logged

God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 4:39am
Boston underdogs do it again.  The Celtics rise from the ashes.  Never, never, never count out or underestimate anything Irish. #17, a world record.  I am renewed, my faith restored through the heart of my home town. Adversity builds character and strength.  It has new meaning.

Boston, once again, the city of champions.   

Nothing but love for the Lakers..... nwaaaaaa not really.

There may just be one more Boston success story by the end of the year. Time for another pint. have a good night everyone.

Shippin up to Boston.

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box damsel-n-distress

Reply #9 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 2:26am
fighting Irish,
I have been reading your posting for a while now and am wondering if you might be able to help me with a problem I am having with therapists and probationand polygrpahs test. it involves some of the people you are mentioning in your post.

This is s verty serious issue and I am concerned about dicussing it on an open line.  Could you email me at damsel-n-distress@live.com

IP Logged

Taking the challenge of my detractors and challenging the APA

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X