Normal Topic I think I passed (Read 1266 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box exrider
New User

I think I passed
Apr 9th, 2008 at 4:04pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I am 4 months into the hiring process for my selected agency. I have been given the job offer but still needed to do a polygraph and medical exam.

I had read this site a couple months back and to be honest didn't put much faith into it. I don't have anything to hide and felt like I would be better off not trying to "cheat" the polygraph. I am just here to share my recent polygraph experience.

First off she didn't come right out and tell me I "passed" or "failed". I was told it is not a pass or fail test. I was told she had nothing to report to HR so I could probably count that as passing. 

Anyhow, here is my experience. I had to give a comprehensive list of jobs I have worked since I was 18. I am near 40 now so this was a challenge. While I have only worked at 2 employers the last 14 years, back in my early twenties I never stayed on a job very long and trying to remember dates and employment information was difficult to say the least. I know for a fact I left off at least 3 employers and guessed the dates of some of others. I didn't feel it important to list these employers as they were so short term.

During the polygraph exam (I was tested twice) she asked the question "Have you been completely truthful on every section of your application?" I answered yes even though I knew I had left a couple employers off. I passed this question on the polygraph. I showed no reaction according to the chart. 

Now the reason I tell you this is I showed a small reaction to the question "Have you committed a serious crime (felony) that you didn't get caught for as an adult?" Now I haven't committed a felony type crime as an adult but I had stolen a couple of "high ticket" items as a teenager. The value was close to $500 on these items and it was fully disclosed on my application and fully talked about during the interview in the polygraph. The examiner basically said I was thinking about that when the question was asked and that is why I may have shown a small reaction. Then she said she had nothing to report so that is basically good news.

The point here I am trying to make is the question I told the truth on seemed to cause a reaction out of me and the one I "fibbed" on didn't show anything. Go figure.

IP Logged

I think I passed

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X