Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) TAKE YOUR SPANKING  / LIVE AND LEARN !!! (Read 10749 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Re: TAKE YOUR SPANKING  / LIVE AND LEARN !!!
Reply #15 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 7:32pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
The polygraphers make you sign a hold harmless agreement, (you voluntarily giving away your right to sue for malpractice).  This is a requirement by the insurance companies which insure polygraphers against malpractice.   

If you won't sign the form, they won't poly you.  Of course, in a pre-hiring context, that means you don't get the job either, so they have you by the nutsack.

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TheNoLieGuy4U
Senior User

Reply #16 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 8:24pm
Hey your questioning my intelligence is "the mantra"   

A Mantra is defined as :  man·tra      /ˈmæntrə, ˈmɑn-, ˈmʌn-/ [man-truh, mahn-, muhn-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation 
–noun Hinduism. a word or formula, as from the Veda, chanted or sung as an incantation or prayer.   

Your repeatative childish references of simply saying "I/We don't Believe in it" or "We don't like it" is like hearing a child.  Your claim of intelligence packaged with your negativity may be best put to use somewhere else in life.  I don't know what you do for a living, but if I had to come to work everyday with somebody as negative as you, I would either find another employer or get our employer to see you for your negative effects on the rest of the company.  Few people in life succeed who are simply obsessed being Anti-Anything.  They are just NOT team players or dynamic individuals, despite their own high opinion of their own intelligence.      

You know damed well that Poliygraphs do NOT detect lies and there is ample evidence to show that. So much so that THEY ARE STILL NOT ADMISSABLE IN COURT because they are deemd unreliable by experts and the court system.

You are NOT completely right on that grasshopper, snatch the wisdom from my mind now if you can.  When you can, it will be time for you to leave and face the real world.  1. Federal rules of evidence 701 & 702 provide for the introduction of computer polygraph evidence.  Further, the Daubert case surpassed the Frye standard, and with it polygraph met the general acceptance standing.  In the State Superior courts you refer to, about a third of the States deny acceptance at this time, another third or less have acceptance (Example = New Mexico), and many other States have partial acceptance with prior stipulation.  Thanks to the input of the lowest common denominators like you and this site, polygraph has never enjoyed such advances in funding and technological improvements working it's way toward the day ever greater acceptance, and for an ever greater marketplace.  Did you catch the recent Wall Street Journal article which stated in part "Yet polygraph use is at the highest level in two decades. Government agencies from local police departments to the CIA are increasingly using the technology for job interviews. In U.S. courts lately, judges have expanded the instances in which polygraph testing is mandated or admitted as evidence."

You guys still have to apparantly waste your time to defend your "science" against,  in your words "slow minded folks" like myself and TM Cullen Oh  It was YOU who introduced the concept of slow minded folks, and the Apple (Thought) does NOT fall far from the tree (Brain).  and I guess George would qualify as one of us to in your book.  George is in his own unique and special legal, moral, and ethical catagory as a former Intelligence Officer as clearly and previously pointed out !

Your defense of Sackett's comparing the Polygraph industry and the Medical industry is continuing to show the pompous attitude that examiners have.  I wonder how many such professionals you really know !  Less than a handfull at best I'm sure, and maybe even ONE ?  Didn't you know that the polygraph has it's origins in medicine via a cardiologist and later with an ivy league engineer.  Your so hell bent on negativity you own only a tunnel vision view of the small reality you so called intelligence lets you see.  You still can not account for two things / variables.  1. As previously stated, why ALL of the alphabet soup three letter (and others) federal organizations successfully use the polygraph with verifiable results to their internal satisfaction. and   2.  All of the confirmed charts (both manually and via algorithm) which other evidence later showed as correct (ie; Susan Smith case, O.J., + exhaustive endless list).  So in reality grasshopper, if your intelligence will allow for it, you can grow in knowledge today, and widen your horizons a bit.  The truth in this case is somewhere in the middle, and to the slight right in favor of polygraph, for if it was as you say it would have been abandoned long ago.  This is NOT an ancient Chinese secret, but rather common sense which exceeds the apparent level of your claim of intelligence.  Now review once again, and get back to me !!!

BTW I don't care who uses Polygraph's and for what reason they are "unreliable" in ALL those applications in detecting lies and only used to force a confession in those that take the snake oil.    Grasshopper, Did you think this was only about YOU !!!  Clearly even your claim of intelligence allows for the probabiligy that such agencies have hired other MORE qualified than YOU to have made such decisions.  YOU did not stick out so far in the applicant pool as Einstein-esque as to have any of them follow a new model or methodology from your wonderful claim of intelligence.  So such agencies are then clearly pragmatic and follow what is tried and true that has worked for them, and get the job done.  Why not put that wonderful intelligent brain of yours to work and devise something else rather than simply be an Anti-Little Bitch tearing down somebody else's time honored validated work.  I'm sure the physicists and computer programmer people at the Johns Hopkins University's Applied Physics Laboratory have been just waiting for a guy like YOU !!!       NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Grasshopper read carefully:  The Truth is ALWAYS Simple, it is Lies which are Complex.  Honesty / Truth is the best policy.  Now grow up, stop your bitching, tell the truth, and maybe somebody will invest in you (Applicants) if they can validate who you really are !!  Countermeasures are a form of Deception unto themselves, and are Counterproductive for all.  It is only the corrupted mind of the deceiver who brings them into the room / equation. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box TheNoLieGuy4U
Senior User

Reply #17 - Mar 27th, 2008 at 8:40pm
      NoPolyCop,

You Said:   The polygraphers make you sign a hold harmless agreement, (you voluntarily giving away your right to sue for malpractice).  This is a requirement by the insurance companies which insure polygraphers against malpractice. If you won't sign the form, they won't poly you.  Of course, in a pre-hiring context, that means you don't get the job either, so they have you by the nutsack.

You got it half right !!!  An Examiner testing an applicant for example for a government job / tax payer supported job, is exempt from EPPA.  They, as does your local hospital and other professionals, have you sign such a release form to participate in competing for that job. The government entity can REQUIRE the test as a means of gettin the job, and historically the Dept. of Labor at the Federal level and most States have held that Chief's of Police, and other heads of government have this dominion right to put this in place as a barrier in the interest of public good.   

However, Under EPPA, the test is voluntary as an expedited means of hiring wherein both parties want the job filled ASAP.  Should the applicant not volunteer, they may be hired by alternative means such as a background check.  They do however if choosing the latter know that they may not be as competative as quickly as other applicants.  The Employer is well within their rights to pick the best applicant they can get in the shortest time frame, which is not discriminatory to those who refuse such a test, as they enter successfully into a hiring pool.   

Examiners I'm sure have no desire to "Have You By the Nutsack", but rather to get their client's needs met in short order.  The perspective Employer and the Polygraph Examiner are BOTH in a business and act accordingly.  You get due process and get to keep your nutsack too.   

I see so many people here who are ONLY applying for the job, and assume so much about the employer and their inflated self worth as the best qualified, when in reality have no way of knowing that.  Why is this ?  It is inflated ego, or just a generational thing ?

IP Logged

TAKE YOUR SPANKING  / LIVE AND LEARN !!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X