Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) The Three Manipulating Muskateers !! (Read 11519 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Re: It don't make no sense!
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 3:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
TheNoLieGuy4U wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 5:57am:
     NotGuilty1,

Sorry, I forgot the rest !!!!

For years they had been victims of scams and non scientific examples on why they could not be counted as equals. I am sure that many of them have been told "you know you simply DON"T get it YOUR way!!

Not by Me, or those with my thinking !!!

I know the comparision is ment to make one think. But.. of course why do that when we have been trained to use the hocus-pocus machine.

There is no Hocus Pocus to human physiology as it is engrained in us all   ANS = PNS/SNS .  You don't have to reinvent the wheel with each human being.  The test if fair and up front with no surpises.  That you did not enjoy it or like being a suspect is irrelevant. 

If your so called "examiners" met their "test" you, my friend would not be here along with your pro poly possy trying to perpetuate the lie that polys some how detect lies.

I am not a member of any pro poly possy, and am here to speak for myself.  When you say "Met Their Test", I can only assume you mean the bait and switch being offered here in regard to detection of countermeasures.  I wonder why any group would submit itself to another who reserves the rightt to be both judge and jury, when their minds have already been made up.  From what I have read here, all the reasonable people agree that technology only gets better with time, and that research studies over time have show the ability only getting better as the database of experience widens.  Such is true of Medicine, Aviation, and perhaps whatever business you find yourself in as well.  

The test working well for those comfirmed has nothing to do with the tests ability to dectect truthfull statements. They simply did not react to the questions for whatever reasons.

FOR WHATEVER REASONS ???   In the case of government hirng, I think they will place their bet on the lower risk person with my tax dollars and the publics ,  Thank You Very Much !!!!  In the case of specific issue crime testing, suspects are persued where the evidence leads, and proper unbiased questions are used in validated formats.  They don't have to invent that each time.  

Furthermore, I am not looking for a job I have a very successfull business. 
I was accused of a crime I had nothing to do with and the machine I was told said that I was being deceptive in some of my answers. Of course I was never told which answers.

Clearly then, from this statement, you write from an incomplete knowledge about the case overall. 

Now to you and your ilk that may not be a big deal but to some one like myself, who has been honest all my life. The fact that I was being called a lier weighed heavy on me.

You don't know anything about me to say I'm of "ilk", and I regard the civil rights of everyone a big deal.  That it weighed heavy on you or not is not the primary concern here.  Your civil rights were NOT violated from what you have written. 

Also, I now know that if for any reason I would have to submitt to one of your scam tests again ( not that I would again willingly) the fact that I would have to disclose a previous failed chart pretty much tags me as a lier.

Again, a broad assumption that exists in your mind only.  Under circumstances you perhaps can not imagine, you might find yourself going to an Attorney Client Priv. exam in your own best interest, rather than a Police exam out of necessity as are most tests. There are defense attorneys who request such tests you know. 

Lastly, You and the poly world DO NOT have the right to use unscientific tests in criminal trials ...wonder why?? And your right to use the in employment is coming to an end too. Soon I hope.

Think again now !!!  State by State those decisions are made by the legislatures and case law.  New Mexico for example has open admissability in criminal trials, and you know what, the conviction rate is no different than in States that don't have that.  Certain federal courts allow for polygraph expert evidence, and much of the time it is to clear someone.  You assume the negative each time as if this technology ONLY seeks to convict.  You miss half the mission statement or purpose of it all.  Did you think nobody EVER passed as Truthful ? 

You say "It Don't Make Sense !" .  NO !!  It makes sense to those who invest the time to understand it all who can make sense of it.  Like good men and women who serve their country in Federal capacities or law enforcement, or the pragmatic private sector.  They take it very seriously and seek TRUTH, and while that Truth may not be convenient to some, they follow where it leads and act on it.  You must own a pet store or something, as you repeat the mantras well that line these posts like a parrot.  Nobody here I have read says it is all perfect, but is the best we have, and good men and women do their best with ongoing improvements as time passes.  That is the simple Truth.  Got It ?  Got Truth ?  

You know your a little man with a little mind NoLie and Iwonder if you ever had to prove your Nolie name with and unscientific test. 
Your assumption that I was accused of being a pedifile bolsters my contention that you folks just want to push the "need" for your silly test. I was not accused of that but of a theft in the home of a client.
Unfrtunatly the case is not solved and may never be. I guess I am a suspect till then. My whining as you put it is not because of the process but because of the obvious failure of the machine.
You don't know me or the facts of the case but you insist on claiming that there is more to the story that somehow I am hiding. Why?, because the poly said so cause you have no other information.

BTW your choise of words LIBERTY and JUSTICE for all. When a test that is wrong (many times) and unreliable is used to determine someones honesty and integrity that goes against those principals.
Now if you insist on just repaeting matras and not answering questions like:
Since you are so informed can you tell us all how a truthfull person can fail a poligraph?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Re: The Three Manipulating Muskateers !!
Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 6:50pm
NotGuilty1:

I would recommend just ignoring NLG4U.  He is incapable of carrying on a rational discussion, and won't answer direct questions.

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:44pm
notguilty1
I can not tell you why you did not pass your poly, but I will tell you that most of my known false positives have been examiner error.  Either I misconstructed a question. made an unwarrented assumption based on my understanding of the case facts. or simply misread the charts.   Fortunately most of my mistakes have been rectified by a retest with a different examiner.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #18 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 1:05am
nopolycop wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 6:50pm:
NotGuilty1:

I would recommend just ignoring NLG4U.  He is incapable of carrying on a rational discussion, and won't answer direct questions.

Thanks I will

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #19 - Mar 19th, 2008 at 1:18am
pailryder wrote on Mar 18th, 2008 at 9:44pm:
notguilty1
I can not tell you why you did not pass your poly, but I will tell you that most of my known false positives have been examiner error.  Either I misconstructed a question. made an unwarrented assumption based on my understanding of the case facts. or simply misread the charts.   Fortunately most of my mistakes have been rectified by a retest with a different examiner.

Well!!! I thank you sir for your reply. 

Since that was my first ( and I hope last) experience with a poligraph. I went to the test willingly beleiving in the poly and my truthfull answers and that it would just clear me of the crime. I was shocked at the results to say the least.
At least your post explains what may have happened.
I was not asked to retest and from the demenor of the detective after the test I felt that he for some reason didn't put alot of weight on the poly just my observation of course.

Thanks again for your intelligent post. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

The Three Manipulating Muskateers !!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X