Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Took Poly today with one of the best... (Read 10696 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anon1313
New User

Took Poly today with one of the best...
Feb 22nd, 2008 at 1:07am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hello Guys,

I am new to the boards and I wanted to tell you about my poly today.

I had to take a poly and I was so nervous that I almost had a panic attack (which I have sometimes) I tried to control my breathing and a few other things. He did the test 3 times...

I was wondering if stress would cause me to fail the test?

IP Logged

New User

Re: Took Poly today with one of the best...
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 1:42am
Anyone? I was wondering if you were under a lot of stress before the poly, would you most likely fail?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 2:36am
unfortunatly, YES all that and other things can cause a false positive.
The science is BS at best in detecting lies. I know cause I failed a ploy even though I was totally truthfull.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 3:01am
I have PA also.   

Is is a criminal polygraph, pre-employment test?

Just don't let them "trick" you into making any admissions concerning a "relevant" question.  I am assuming you were truthful.

If they get a "response" (on the machine), they will try to get you to make some sort of admission (no matter how minor), and then blow it out of all proportion.

They may say something like:  "Hmm, you're reacting to that question.  Anything bothering you about that question?  Anything you're not telling me you want to get off your chest?"

If you are telling the truth, stick to your guns.

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sackett
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 3:46am
Anon1313,

it is quite routine for many on this board to assume you failed your examination after being "totally honest" and that you were a "victim" of a false positive. That is the Mantra here...

What type of test was it, i.e. what was it for?  You didn't say, which of course causes me to become a little suspect but that's my nature.  But then to have two posters immediately respond with their opinion of something they have no actual knowledge of; well, that is interesting.

Can it (general nervous tension) cause you to fail?  No, general nervous tension will not cause you to fail because you will not be "generally nervous" to one question, more than another.  Now, on the other hand, if you were shaking uncontrollably, urinating yourself, losing bowel control (like an anxiety attack), etc, then I would suggest you were not fit and the examiner should have handled that level of stress or rescheduled.

Did you fail or were you just curious?  Did the examiner tell you the results?  You mentioned "by one of the best."  What does that mean?

I'm just a curious pro-polygraph guy...

Sackett

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 4:42am
Anon1313 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2008 at 1:07am:
Hello Guys,

I am new to the boards and I wanted to tell you about my poly today.

I had to take a poly and I was so nervous that I almost had a panic attack (which I have sometimes) I tried to control my breathing and a few other things. He did the test 3 times...

I was wondering if stress would cause me to fail the test?

Stress can certainly cause a person to fail a polygraph "test." In particular, if one is more anxious when answering the accusatory relevant questions than when answering the more general "control" questions, then one is quite likely to fail.

In addition, controlled breathing, commonly done by breathing slowly, is typically interpreted by polygraphers as a polygraph countermeasure (and an indication of deception).

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box notguilty1
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 4:07pm
George, Thanks for chiming in here.
Sackett, you are the one that does not know what you are talking about. Larry has whipped you with facts and all you can do is go back at him with silly attacks.
HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN TO ME AND OTHERS THAT FAILED A POLY AND WHERE TRUTHFULL!!!????
It happens because the test mearly detects your REACTION to a question it could be nervousness, fear, anger or YES maybe even a lie.
This machine does NOT detect lies as it supposed to do. 
You can go on and on with your need to justify your way of making a living ( off of smearing the interity of many people) but the fact still remains that PLOYGHRAPHS DO NOT DETECT LIES FOR THE MOST PART!!
I have spoken to many police personel that admit that they do NOT rely on the poly's results rather they use it as a tool in hopes of a confession. POLY'S ARE NOT ADMISSABLE IN MOST COURTS BECASUE IT IS AN UNPROVEN AND UNREALIABLE TEST. Read up on it Sackett.
Your continued posting here is apprecuated by me and many others cause it shows how silly this science and those who administer it are!!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 5:47pm
I was COMPLETLY honest, I didnt do what I was being accused of. I had a panic attack due to being over stressed ( I have had them the past two weeks and went to the ER one night because I couldnt breath) The guy who did my test basically attacked me.. It was a private (criminal Poly test). I was completely honest, he wouldnt let me breath deep when I was having the attack, I almost passed out and since he put the blood preasure meter on my arm so tightly, my whole left arm turned blue within in seconds and when I told him it was to tight he said "Sorry It has to be" when I had the panic attack I said " I am having a panic attack I need to take a deep breath" he said "STOP TALKING! NO DEEP BREATHS"... I almost passed out right there because I couldnt breath

I talked to Mr. Maschke a lot last night and he really helped settle my nerves about what happen to me...He knows who did my test and like I said I trust Maschke over the poly guy...

Thanks for all your help Mr. Maschke, Last night you really saved me from the ER again

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #8 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 6:13pm
Anon1313,

I sypathize with our panick attacks.  I have suffered from them since 5 years old.  That is half a century since I am 55 this year.  Best thing is to just let the PA happen, as hard as that sounds.  It's just your body's "fight, flight, freeze" (sympathetic response) kicking in inappropriately.  So do just the opposite.  If the PA is telling you to fight, just sit back and let it happen.  If it is telling you to "flee", stay put.  If it is telling you to "freeze", keep moving forward no matter how weird it feels.

As for the polygraph. 

Okay criminal test, eh?  Did you do it? No?

Then laugh in the polygraphers face when he suggests you are lying.  Tell him it could a lot things other than lying.  Ask him, if the machine is so reliable, and that you must be guilty, why you haven't been arrested?  Answer his questions with a question.  For example, "Why are you reacting to this questions?!!"   Ask him, "Why does that automatically mean I'm lying?!"

Main thing:  DO NOT LET HIM COERCE YOU INTO A FALSE CONFESSION!  Make no admissions unless they are true!

Take a xanax (or other tranquilizer) right before your next test, if you have one.

P.S.  Try to visualize the polygrapher as a 6 year old child sitting ibehind a little "play desk" in his underwear pretending to be a "grown-up".   Grin

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #9 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 9:32pm
Polygrapher Sackett wrote:

it is quite routine for many on this board to assume you failed your examination after being "totally honest" and that you were a "victim" of a false positive. That is the Mantra here...

From the NAS report:

Polygraph screening protocols that can identify a large fraction of serious security violators can be expected to incorrectly implicate at least hundreds, and perhaps thousands, of innocent employees for each spy or other serious security violator correctly identified.

My underlining above.

So who should we believe, the scientists who wrote the above, or somebody who makes a living administering the test?

Or should we just believe ourselves, having TAKEN THE TEST, TOLD THE TRUTH, AND FAILED?

After all, unless we get metaphysical, only the person tested knows for sure whether he/she lied.  And God.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 10:56pm
Anon1313 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2008 at 5:47pm:
I was COMPLETLY honest, I didnt do what I was being accused of. I had a panic attack due to being over stressed ( I have had them the past two weeks and went to the ER one night because I couldnt breath) The guy who did my test basically attacked me.. It was a private (criminal Poly test). I was completely honest, he wouldnt let me breath deep when I was having the attack, I almost passed out and since he put the blood preasure meter on my arm so tightly, my whole left arm turned blue within in seconds and when I told him it was to tight he said "Sorry It has to be" when I had the panic attack I said " I am having a panic attack I need to take a deep breath" he said "STOP TALKING! NO DEEP BREATHS"... I almost passed out right there because I couldnt breath

I talked to Mr. Maschke a lot last night and he really helped settle my nerves about what happen to me...He knows who did my test and like I said I trust Maschke over the poly guy...

Thanks for all your help Mr. Maschke, Last night you really saved me from the ER again

Anon1313, 

as a professional examiner, I find it difficult to believe the credibility of your posting.  A panic attack during the exam?  He wouldn't let you breath? Yelling at you during the examination?  All this by a private polygraph examiner which you paid for and is "one of the best"? Doesn't seem likely...

Everything you reported seems like repetitious propaganda of the "anti" crowd.  It almost seems like "Larry",  "notguilty1", et al, got together and repeated their previous posts in an effort to make their own whining more credible by using an anonymous ficticious posting.  BTW, you called George over in the Netherlands last night, "a lot"???

Now, if your experience is real, then I invite you you to e-mail me and let me privately contact the examiner to find out why what happened, happened.  I have no vested interest in any posting on this board; however, I do have an interest in professional polygraph services.

If what you reported here is true, then it should be corrected.

Sackett

P.S.  Larry, imagining me in my underwear behind the desk will surely send you or any examinee into a diagnosable disorder... Grin

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #11 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 3:38am
Sackett wrote:

...He wouldn't let you breath?....

He wrote:

"he wouldnt let me breath deep when I was having the attack

Well, there you go again.  Selective reading?

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 3:51am
OMG Larry,

OK, OK, he wouldn't let you breath DEEP.  Satisfied?  You caught me...
Boy!  You really know your stuff... Selective interpretation? 

Anyone reading these postings would know what I meant; obviously, YOU didn't... I guess I need to "dumb it down" and not assume the hoards of anti-minions (I believe that would be all four of you) have intelligent reading ablities.  My bad...

If that's the best you can come up with, the only thing you're proving here is your anal retentiveness and an ability to cut and paste pictures from the main screen.  Very adult, articulate and informative.

I'm impressed... not!

Sackett 

P.S.  I haven't received an e-mail or response to MY inquiry, yet.  Just wondering, you and the other three still working out a response...?  Grin

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #13 - Feb 23rd, 2008 at 6:38pm
Has anon taken you up on your offer to call his polygrapher help straighten things out?

Or were you just trying to get his polygrapher's number to warn him that his testee has had the audacity to go to a flaming "anti" board?

Hey, you are forgetting, people lose their gullibility after testing.  It is BEFORE TESTING that they are gullible.

He said he had already been tested.

You have to get'em before they WISE UP.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2008 at 3:38am
Larry,

no, "Anon" has not taken me up on my offer.   

BTW, my offer is legitimate.  This has nothing to do with your hypothesis related to examinee's gullibility.  If there is an examiner out here doing tests in the format and procedure of what "Anon" posted, it needs to be fixed.  I am, as I stated, willing to approach his examiner and find out what happened, why what he reported (if true) happened and report back without embarrassing anyone by name.  This, since "Anon" is not wiling to post under his true name, therefore the examiner should also remain anonymous.

Despite the assumptions of some on this board, I am a man of my word.

Sackett

IP Logged

Took Poly today with one of the best...

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X