Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Need to take the poly graph. (Read 14786 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Re: Need to take the poly graph.
Reply #15 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 9:36am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
EJohnson wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 3:42pm:
Give me a break. Magnum, you are no polygraph examiner. You are a troll, as no examiner would say as much. Readers, this is not an actual polygraph examiner, this is an attempt by an antipolygraph activist to make examiners appear as though they have the power or inclination to fail an examinee based on their personal disdain for an examinee. GMAFB.

Since there are obviously examiners who are willing to engage in what has been called "detestable" and unethical" behavior by using the polygraph on television shows, why do you find it impossible to believe that a polygraph examiner would fail someone they think "should" fail?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #16 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 3:25pm
Sergeant1107 wrote on Jan 24th, 2008 at 9:36am:
EJohnson wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 3:42pm:
Give me a break. Magnum, you are no polygraph examiner. You are a troll, as no examiner would say as much. Readers, this is not an actual polygraph examiner, this is an attempt by an antipolygraph activist to make examiners appear as though they have the power or inclination to fail an examinee based on their personal disdain for an examinee. GMAFB.

Since there are obviously examiners who are willing to engage in what has been called "detestable" and unethical" behavior by using the polygraph on television shows, why do you find it impossible to believe that a polygraph examiner would fail someone they think "should" fail?

Look, I am quite sure that there are sadistic physicians in practice in the US at this moment. But I doubt seriously that those demented doctors would express their unprofessionalism on a message board that prides itself on homeopathic negativism.
Before you proclaim that yet another examiner is comparing his/her trade to modern medicine, know this. A polygraph examiner is human, yes, but they are also bound by promise that they are to work diligently to suppress their prejeduces during testing. Magnum, although hopefully he was kidding or as I stated, an antipolygraph troll, expressed the opposite value.
Exploiting whether people pick their boogers and eat them, or loathe fat people (while their overweight spouse sits before them) in the hopes of gaining some financial security----during a recession no less----is patently unethical, humiliating before millions, and as we shall see----a precipitous agitator of domestic violence and/ or suicide.

No comparison. Your railing against police/intel applicant screening has its own seperate merits and demerits----but is ultimately a Human Resources controversy. 
Alternatively, entertainment polygraph has no overseeing body except show producers----who have shown to be quite apathetical to poor and middle class Americans before, during, and after their poly tests.

Polygraph on a television show using the questions that appear to be used, is the equivelant of a licensed massage therapist that gives "happy endings."  My opinion.

p.s. Don't think for a minute that several complaints aren't filed to the APA by examiners regarding TV polygraph tests such as the recent Fox show. The complaints are sealed, and the actions will be confidential, just as they are in other organizational bodies which do not license, but give training.

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2008 at 1:34am
EJohnson wrote on Jan 24th, 2008 at 3:25pm:
A polygraph examiner is human, yes, but they are also bound by promise that they are to work diligently to suppress their prejeduces during testing.

Somehow the promise of an individual who lies for a living, doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  Grin

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LALE
New User

Reply #18 - Jan 28th, 2008 at 3:13pm
Magnum wrote on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 2:54pm:
Forgo0509 wrote on Jan 21st, 2008 at 10:44pm:
Hey there, I need to take the polygraph and im really nervous about doing it. I am a sex offender, and this is my first time at a polygraph.

I was just wondering if anyone here could give me a walkthrough of what happens, like what some of the polygraphers are like. What questions do they ask. What is this post poly interrogation that I keep hearing about that im obligated to stay in. How long does this last, and is there anything that they might try to do just to screw me over from what I heard from some of my therapy assosciates.

Really detailed questions would be helpful. As would detail in their attitude be. I would just like to know what kind of interrogation to expect. Im someone who gets rattled easily, and from what I heard I dont want to fail the polygraph just because im scared because the polygrapher was being verbally abusive towards me.

Its not difficult to lose patience and vent anger on SO's.
You probably deserve a fair measure of abuse, just so's you know what it feels like to be on the receiving end. Dont look for pity because
you know that you should DI on your test. If i was testing you I would DI you simply to get you off the streets. Call me picky.

I'm with you Bud. Why waste good and valuable time.

IP Logged

Need to take the poly graph.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X