Normal Topic I wonder if those involved here passed their polygraph tests? (Read 3181 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box T.M. Cullen
God Member

I wonder if those involved here passed their polygraph tests?
Jan 15th, 2008 at 1:24am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
China has infiltrated the largest signals intelligence collection facility outside of Fort Meade.

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20071221/NATION/676409066/1001

Military and civilian personnel assigned there are dutifully polygraphed.

What the hell happened?!!!!@

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

Dr. Phil Zimbardo, Phd, Standford University

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Re: I wonder if those involved here passed their polygraph tests?
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 3:44am
Wait for it......................more outsourced intelligence.  Sad

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 5:32am

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

God Member

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 8:04am
George,

I spoke with a former korean navy linguist who worked there recently and  she confirmed the story.   In fact, she is the one who first mentioned it to me.  Since I used to work there it really peaked my interest.  It was only then that I found the article by Gertz.

Yeah, they're outsourcing crypto-linguistic work that could be done by experts in the field who came up "false positive" on the stupid Poly!

Maybe they can put all those illegal aliens to work at the NSA.

If it wasn't the nation's security at stake, I'd laugh!

A.A
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2008 at 8:26am by T.M. Cullen »  

"There is no direct and unequivocal connection between lying and these physiological states of arousal...(referring to polygraph)."

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #4 - Jan 15th, 2008 at 8:19am
I also take exception to the following from the 2nd link:

"Chinese is one of the toughest languages to learn. Having lived and worked with Chinese linguists for years, I know that you can spend almost every waking hour trying to master the subtleties of tone and volume of vocab -- and still come up short when compared to a native speaker. Which is why those people tend to occupy the top tier linguist positions, correcting and/or refining the work of those with lesser expertise. A compromised native son or daughter – the default tactic of Beijing spymasters - could have a significant impact on our understanding of Chinese activities and intentions (based on signals intelligence) over time."

Yeah, well I WAS a chinese linguist in the SIGINT field for years and can tell you that whether or not your "tones" are accurate don't matter diddly squat.  Listening ability, with a really good knowledge of the target is paramount.

Those "native" linguists I worked with, for the most part didn't know squat.  Didn't know technical terms, didn't know the difference between a aircraft carrier and a M1 abrams tank!

Having BOTH a native speaker of the SOURCE language AND a technologically knowledgeable native speaker of English was optimal.

Actually, there has always been a heated debate regarding whether a native or non-native is best.

IP Logged

I wonder if those involved here passed their polygraph tests?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X