Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) countermeasures (Read 11546 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beezy
New User

countermeasures
Dec 19th, 2007 at 7:43am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
i have to take my first poly and i am nervous as hell.  on the CQ's if i am doing the biting tongue counter measure do i bite my tongue after the question is asked or after i answer to raise the spike?  also how does biting the tongue cause a spike?  does the pain increase my blood pressure?  same goes with the ass spinctor technique?  thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jesper Paten
User

Re: countermeasures
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 9:29am
beezy wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 7:43am:
i have to take my first poly and i am nervous as hell.  on the CQ's if i am doing the biting tongue counter measure do i bite my tongue after the question is asked or after i answer to raise the spike?  also how does biting the tongue cause a spike?  does the pain increase my blood pressure?  same goes with the ass spinctor technique?  thanks

Sir,
If you bite your tongue before you answer, the examiner will surely observe you.
You have to open your mouth to answer 'NO' and then as the 'O' trails off, slide your tongue between the molars (on the side away from the examiner), so that as your mouth closes, you can give yourself a good hard bite on side of tongue.

You do that immediately following your answers to the Control Questions.

According to research quoted by the APA, the tongue-biting measures can reduce the efficiency of this test by approximatly 70%.

You can also effect the anus-pinching at the same time, but do not overdo that one. Probably you will instructed to sit on an electronic cushion, that one is designed to detect the anus-pinches - so practise the pinch and just do it slowly and to 50% of maximum pinch and hold it pinched for about 5-10 seconds.

The tongue-bite will cause bigger reactions in the galvanic skin reactor
(GSR) and usually also a same-time bigger reaction in the cardiograph.

The anus pinching can result in also increased GSR and altered cardio and respiratory traces.

The key factor is do not overdo it and practice the tongue biting using a mirror so you can perfek it without being observed.

At the start of your test, be very polite to the examiner.  Ask him if he is related to a movie star. Give him a chocolat.

Respectfully,
JP

IHRER MUTTER IST SO HASSLICH JENER SIE SPAZIERWEGE RUCKLINGS MIT EINE LACHLE FORT IHR ARSCH

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box EJohnson
Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #2 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 1:29pm
Brilliant. The perfect recipe for a failed polygraph test. Nothing says "I am engaging in countermeasures" like the phony reaction given by the physical pain response. I am afraid that Mr. Hasselhoff here is telling you to invest in subprime mortgage markets. There again, the Germanic people are not known for their subtleties.
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2007 at 2:19pm by EJohnson »  

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jesper Paten
User

Reply #3 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 2:34pm
EJohnson wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 1:29pm:
Brilliant. The perfect recipe for a failed polygraph test. Nothing says "I am engaging in countermeasures" like the phony reaction given by the physical pain response. I am afraid that Mr. Hasselhoff here is telling you to invest in subprime mortgage markets. There again, the Germanic people are not known for their subtleties.

Sir Johnson,

The examiner cannot differentiate between pain induced arousal or natural arousal. The tracing is simplistic. All it can do is go up, or down.
Germans are known for their pragmatism and inability to swallow ballshit while thinking it is maybe a black forest cake.

The lies of the polygrapf examiners are now well known worldwide.
The polygrapf industry is in panic. The end for them is close I think.

Respectfully,
Your buddy,
JP

IHRER MUTTER IST SO HASSLICH JENER SIE SPAZIERWEGE RUCKLINGS MIT EINE LACHLE FORT IHR ARSCH

IP Logged

Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 4:11pm
Jesper Paten wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 2:34pm:
EJohnson wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 1:29pm:

Sir Johnson,

The examiner cannot differentiate between pain induced arousal or natural arousal. The tracing is simplistic. All it can do is go up, or down.Germans are known for their pragmatism and inability to swallow ballshit while thinking it is maybe a black forest cake.

The lies of the polygrapf examiners are now well known worldwide.
The polygrapf industry is in panic. The end for them is close I think.

Respectfully,
Your buddy,
JP

Not true Hans ole buddy. The polygrams present with many notable differences regarding artificial versus natural. You are essentially saying that examiners cannot differentiate between tar pools and tire skid marks----and speaking of skid marks;

Quote:
Germans are known for their pragmatism and inability to swallow ballshit

Uh yeah, when I think of people who have a history of not swallowing a bill of goods, I think of Germans.  Tongue Cry Angry Undecided Embarrassed I do however exclude German Americans, many of whom I know and adore.

All men are mortal. Socrates was mortal. Therefore, &&all men are Socrates.-----Woody Allen  &&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #5 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 4:52pm
[quote author=27280D0A0C110D0C620 link=1198050218/0#4 date=1198080674
Not true Hans ole buddy. The polygrams present with many notable differences regarding artificial versus natural. [/quote]

Which is, of course, why the ol butt pad was invented.  Or is it considered "natural" to clench your old puckerer when answering "no"? Shocked

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nopolycop
Especially Senior User

Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 4:54pm
beezy wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 7:43am:
i have to take my first poly and i am nervous as hell.

Why do you "have" to take your first poly?  Why are you nervous?  What are you trying to hide?

"Although the degree of reliability of polygraph evidence may depend upon a variety of identifiable factors, there is simply no way to know in a particular case whether a polygraph examiner's Conclusion is accurate, because certain doubts and uncertainties plague even the best polygraph exams."  (Justice Clarence Thomas writing in United States v. Scheffer, 523 U.S. 303, 118 S.Ct. 1261, 140 L.Ed.2d 413, 1998.)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #7 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 5:34pm
nopoly4me

Nixon once said "I don't know if the polygraph works or not, but it sure scares the hell out of people".

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 5:54pm
i am nervous because i am applying for a job and i have done somethings in my past that i know they will ask me.  so can somebody please explain how biting the tongue causes a reation on their graph?  what it does physically to your body to cause such a reaction?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #9 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 6:15pm
beezy,

The answer to all of your questions can be found in "TLBTLD" which is available for free on this website. I strongly suggest that you carefully read the booklet, and educate yourself about polygraph testing and the methods involved. 

The booklet specifically addresses multiple polygraph countermeasures to include tongue biting and the anal sphincter technique. 

triple x

IP Logged

Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 6:17pm
beezy wrote on Dec 19th, 2007 at 5:54pm:
i am nervous because i am applying for a job and i have done somethings in my past that i know they will ask me.  so can somebody please explain how biting the tongue causes a reation on their graph?  what it does physically to your body to cause such a reaction?

Let me put it this way. Your polygraph examiner, after recording your "graphs" will have seen your natural arousals and if you attempt countermeasures, he will view your corny ones. Think about it this way----here comes an analogy. Your examiner will be differentiating between a fake laugh, and your real, full bodied laugh. To make matters worse for you, your examiner has probably attended a hand ful of the latest "spotting fake laugh" seminars. We as a profession are much better at detecting such artifacts than we were say, 5 years ago. According to my anecdotal experience, and recent research on TLBTLD countermeasures------you will sink like a led zeppelin if you goof with your test. Bummer.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #11 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 6:25pm
i am going to take a 50/50 chance of beating the machine by applying countermeasures versus a 100% of failing or not getting this great job.   

i have downloaded and read the literature in "TLBTLD"   i am still having problems understanding what are control questions and what are irrelevant questions.  i know what the relevant questions are.  "is the light on in this room?" i would of thought that is a control question.  can somebody explain the difference? please

IP Logged

Limited (No Attachments)

Internet Countermeasures
Yields Failed Tests

Reply #12 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 6:29pm
No matter what happens, let us know how it goes! Roll Eyes

IP Logged

New User

Reply #13 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 6:53pm
thanks.  but i dont see how anybody can prove i used countermeasure, they can assume but its their weird against mine but can anybody answer my questions to my last replay?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box chrismcphee33
User

Reply #14 - Dec 19th, 2007 at 7:31pm
Beezy, I don't understand how you could have read TLBTLD and not understand how countermeasures work or how to implement them. It's not rocket science, maybe you should read more carefully.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
countermeasures

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X