Normal Topic Failed poly for LVMPD (Read 5359 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box armysgt
New User

Failed poly for LVMPD
Dec 13th, 2007 at 6:13pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took a polygraph for the LVMPD and was told that I failed one question on drug use.  I told them Everything I did and still failed.  Do I still have a chance of being hired or is my LE career over before it begun ?  I was told that my B.I .went well.  But the poly is what they really go by.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007 at 3:30pm by armysgt »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box GeraldoGibbons
New User

Re: Failed poly for LVMPD
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2007 at 6:03pm
I'm getting ready to go through the background and poly LVMPD next month.  What can I expect?  What was the examiner like?  What other questions were on your poly?  Thanks

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 5:10pm
CryThe polygraph examiner seems really friendly until they think you are lying. They do not interrogate you or ask you to make confessions or ask why are you may have responded to a question.  They just tell you that you either passed or failed and send you on your way. The poly test has about ten questions.  I really don't remember any of the questions verbatim on the poly.  What I can tell you is they ask you about types of drugs used , how many times used ,  used any drugs within 3 years, any crimes you might have committed, nothing on theft. The question are really generic that's about it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box GeraldoGibbons
New User

Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 6:56pm
Thanks for the reply!  Any other info on your hiring process there would be great!  I assume you passed your oral board to get to the poly...what was that like?  I figure that if I go in well prepared that I will pass.  About your poly, I don't think failing a poly at 1 dept. means that you automatically will DQ at another.  I "failed" a CVSA 4 months ago, but I don't think it will affect my outcome with LVMPD...at least I hope not. Undecided  There was one thing that came up...that wasn't illegal, and I wasn't even asked about it prior to the "interrogation".  But it looked conflicting to them I guess...I dunno...just wasn't meant to be there I guess.  But I've never used drugs, never have done anything illegal...so if that's all they're looking for in the poly, then I should be ok...again, I hope Smiley  I look forward to hearing more about the process there though.  Thanks a lot!
-gibbons

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2007 at 7:34pm
Your welcome.  The oral board is really not that hard they ask you questions that are about policing. Guidelines are what would do if this happened? or how would you respond to this?  Like for example , stealing while on duty or off you or your partner, responding to domestic calls , partner possibly intoxicated while on duty.  I assume you passed one before if you made it to the CVSA.  The only thing I didn't think I would pass was possibly the medical but boy was I surprised.  Just remember that when you take the poly if you have any questions in your mind about time frames or are not clear on some questions asked.  Stop and ask the examiner for clarification before the poly I wish I would of.  I wish you luck you should do fine.

IP Logged

Failed poly for LVMPD

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X