Normal Topic Tomorrow (10/4) at 5p.m. on Fox 5 News (New York area) -- "Testing the Polygraph" (Read 5633 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yorkster
New User

Tomorrow (10/4) at 5p.m. on Fox 5 News (New York area) -- "Testing the Polygraph"
Oct 4th, 2007 at 3:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just saw an advertisement for a feature on tomorrow's edition of Fox 5 News (New York area) which puports to "debunk" the polygraph. Fox 5 news is usually pretty sensationalist, but the advertisement claimed to "put the test to the test" -- it could be interesting. I would catch, record, and YouTube the feature if I could, but unfortunately will be stuck in the office. If anyone catches it, I would appreciate if they could upload for our collective benefit.  Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Re: Tomorrow (10/4) at 5p.m. on Fox 5 News (New York area) -- "Testing the Polygraph"
Reply #1 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 2:09am
I caught it. It couldn't have been more like propaganda if the APA had written the script.

Although a screen shot of the AntiPolygraph.org homepage is shown, the only countermeasue that the mark uses is to "believe in [his] head that all questions are the same."

Both the examinee and the reporter appear to have no clue whatsoever about polygraphy. The reporter goes on and on about how the lie was detected while pointing out a significant response to a sacrifice relevant question

I will write more on this later.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Re: Tomorrow (10/4) at 5p.m. on Fox 5 News (New York area) -- "Testing the Polygraph"
Reply #2 - Oct 6th, 2007 at 3:30am
gee, you know the APA has sooooo much control over the media---what with all the lobbyists and APA power-brokers pulling all the strings from the media headquarters in....uh  Tennessee?  Tongue

Surrender. You are outnumbered, outmoded, outpromoted, and politacally doomed to be partnered with NAMBLA. You win a battle or two and you have a neato website, but your mom and pop cause gains one overly-celebrated step and loses 30 every week ----in the field, the public, and behind closed doors. Your  LBTLD victims outnumber our errors more and more every day.

RLRRLRLL

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box StudebakerHawk
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2007 at 2:53am
It just looks to me like countermeasures didn't work.  Maybe they don't.

IP Logged

Tomorrow (10/4) at 5p.m. on Fox 5 News (New York area) -- "Testing the Polygraph"

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X