Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) CNS depressants and polygraph (Read 20179 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box newportsupport
New User

CNS depressants and polygraph
Oct 3rd, 2007 at 2:41am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi all, I have a few questions regarding CM's and polygraph testing. I scheduled the test for a few weeks from now and I have read the chapter 3 and 4 in the PDF 5 or 6 times... 

I plan on employing the toungue biting and apnea + amplitude CM's to ensure that I pass...I am paying for this test out of my own pocket  and it is being done privately with my lawyer and a private tester so this can only benefit me, if I dont pass than it cant possibly hurt me in any way which is the great news...If I do indeed pass than my lawyer can bring this to the judge/prosecutor's attention. When asnswering CQ's I plan on answering yes/no than after exhalation, stop breathing for 5 seconds in conjunction with biting my toungue and anal contractions(if theres no butt sensor)  and after the 5 seconds of not breathing to speed up my breathing for 10-15 seconds and than after 15 seconds elapses continue my normal breathing pattern...Does this sound like a good game plan? If not, what are some suggestions that will help me pass this thing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments are much appreciated...
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:26am by newportsupport »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Re: CNS depressants and polygraph
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:08am
newportsupport wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 2:41am:
Hi all, I have a few questions regarding CM's and polygraph testing. I have a test coming up in a week regarding a drug charge and I have read the chapter 3 and 4 in the PDF 5 or 6 times...I am prescribed seroquel for sleeping which is a CNS depressant...Would taking a pill before the test help/calm down and regulate my breathing patterns? 

I plan on employing the toungue biting and apnea + amplitude CM's to ensure that I pass...I am paying for this test out of my own pocket and it is being done privately with my lawyer and a private tester so this can only benefit me, if I dont pass than it cant possibly hurt me in any way which is the great news...If I do indeed pass than my lawyer can bring this to the judge/prosecutor's attention. When asnswering CQ's I plan on answering yes/no than after exhalation, stop breathing for 5 seconds in conjunction with biting my toungue and anal contractions(if theres no butt sensor)  and after the 5 seconds of not breathing to speed up my breathing for 10-15 seconds and than after 15 seconds elapses continue my normal breathing pattern...Does this sound like a good game plan? If not, what are some suggestions that will help me pass this thing? Thanks in advance for any suggestions/comments are much appreciated...I am junior in college majoring in criminal justice and if I get convicted it could jeopordize my career future greatly..Thanks again guys

A very interesting situation indeed. My thoughts, and might I remind you I am a polygraph examiner, is that I am quite fascinated with your reason you take Seroquel. Seroquel is a great sleep aid, but very strong---it's kinda like taking a bath for dirty fingernails. Most doctors prescribe seroquel for suicidal and/or psychotic individuals initially---and once the patient stabilizes---the Seroquel is taken for sleep depriving anxiety. Be that as it may, I suggest you avoid the polygraph altogether as such a attorney exam performance---the drug, the wriggling (tongue and ass) and the apnea and panting will not impress anyone in the real world. Even if you were to pass such a test if you were to find a 98 year old cross-eyed examiner who uses a smoke drum, than the cop who will test you later will likely be far more steely eyed. This ain't a vocabulary test you are trying to cheat man, this is far more precarious. There will be those that tell you that "you can pull it off"----but they are invisible, not actual examiners, and even more distant when you are in the chair. Does the book sound too good to be true? What would your moma tell you to do? 

p.s. Any examinee who is under investigation for drug charges will be heavily scrutinzed in the pretest. Visine eye drops won't cut it if you take Seroquel. You are in a real pickle.

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:20am
Interesting, thanks for the perspective...I don't see how taking this test could possibly put me in a bad position...If I fail than whoopty, waste of $750..moneys not really an issue, and no one will know the outcome besides my lawyer and I..If I pass than its very hard for a judge or prosecutor to not take the test into consideration...They have already offered me a plea to a misdemeanor, however ideally I want this to just disappear with an ACD or probation...Although most jobs dont ask anything more than "Have you ever been convicted of a felony?" I'd much prefer a clean slate all together, know what I mean? Worst case I wind up with a misdemeanor...Best case scenario, never take it to trial and have the judge throws it out (giving me a ACD or probation)  because as is, they don't have a case - If i were to pass a lie detector thats pretty substantial, and the judge will have to consider it when making a decision

In regards to the seroquel, I wasn't seriously considering taking it just wanted to see if there was anything to it, I would in all honesty have a hard time keeping awake during the test...I take 25mg and it knocks me out cold, my PCP tried rx'ing me everything else and nothing worked except seroquel for some reason...I have had sleep problems all my life, and since I quit smoking many years ago i've had even more trouble, its inherent in my family

What exactly do you mean by 'it wont impress anyone'? Are you inferring that they will easily spot me implementing such techniques?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:35am
Just on an aside, the test will probably be different than what you expect. As someone who has been polygraphed several times and is an actual examiner, they are a very difficult experience if you are withholding info--or are hesitant to talk of things (wink)------and I have never thought "woopty do" after any of them. No, I don't care much to be polygraphed thank you.
Just a heads up.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 3:50am
Thanks a bunch for the response/insight, your opinion is really valued and I will consider everything you have said. However, I am not withholding (much) information at all, theres 1 or 2 things I am concerned about (past drug use & sale in my teens, current  (legal) prescribed drug use) ...In lie tests when the person has a drug charge, are there not many CQ's? Is it mostly r/i? Or will it be a pretty standard you think? Remember, this is being done privately - I suggested this to my lawyer and he is friends /has a good relationship with the tester...If I fail it will have no adverse effects the court/judge/prosecutor will never see it, if I pass than it could really help...

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:09am
With all due respect, why on god's earth would you want to use internet countermeasures (unscientifically proven or verified) if you are innocent? Hold your head up high, get some rest, tell the truth, and be done with it. As we say in my region, don't piss in the paint!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:20am
Haha, thanks very much for the kind words I appreciate it more than you could imagine! The thing is i'm not 100% innocent, theres a grey area because I have things I prefer to hide in regards to the allegation, I have done what they are accusing me of in the past, however in this specific incident I am innocent and haven't partook in this activity in over a year. And even than it was a very rare thing that I'd do once in a blue moon when drunk @ a party.However in my teens I did it all the time...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ludovico
Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:23am
With a plan like that you are sure to make a grand impression.

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:28am
I apologize but I cant tell if your being sarcastic, are you? Are those 3 cm's overkilling it? Should I only use 1 or 2 or does combining 2 or 3 work?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:24am
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:09am:
Hold your head up high, get some rest, tell the truth, and be done with it. As we say in my region, don't piss in the paint!

I had a virtually identical plan when I took my polygraphs.  I failed three out of four.

Maybe I should have used countermeasures.  Even if they only worked 25% of the time, I wouldn't have been any worse off than I already was.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:36am
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:09am:
With all due respect, why on god's earth would you want to use internet countermeasures (unscientifically proven or verified) if you are innocent? Hold your head up high, get some rest, tell the truth, and be done with it. As we say in my region, don't piss in the paint!

I followed your advice and was falsely accused of deception by an FBI polygrapher and falsely accused of using countermeasures (I didn't even know what they were) by an LAPD polygrapher.

By the way, the polygraph countermeasures described in The Lie Behind the Lie Detector are not without some scientific support. In peer-reviewed studies by Charles Honts and others (citations and abstracts provided in the bibliography of TLBTLD), some 50% of programmed guilty examinees passed the polygraph after receiving a maximum of 30 minutes of instruction.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:43am
newportsupport wrote on Oct 3rd, 2007 at 4:28am:
I apologize but I cant tell if your being sarcastic, are you? Are those 3 cm's overkilling it? Should I only use 1 or 2 or does combining 2 or 3 work?

Ludovico is a polygraph operator. He is not attempting to help you.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 1:10pm
Really now guys, to compare your applicant screening poly experiences with this "poster's" single issue lawyer risk assessment test is a stretch. I just heard the theme from Schindler's List play when I read your posts. This last Q and A was like a game of tee-ball---and George was holding the ball. You need to get up earlier.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ludovico
Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 1:38pm
[mod-slapped, again]

damn. 

thank you sir, may I have another.

--------

I don't have any advice for you about your polygraph. You have evidently thought things through very carefully.

So, good luck to you.

I will say that doctors, in my experience, do not prescribe your kind of medications trivially. So you are probably best off following your doctor's competent recommendations.

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #14 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:34pm
Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it. Do you think that those 3 CM's are over killing it? I really want to pass this thing, i've been working my butt off the past 3 years of college and I want to goto law school and if I get a misdemeanor it could really have a negative effect on my job future.

IP Logged

CNS depressants and polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X