Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are my rights to see my polygraph results? (Read 33019 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Re: What are my rights to see my polygraph results?
Reply #45 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:44am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Mattwings, has it ever occurred to you to post your question on a polygraph examiners site---where some of the best examiners in the country address your issue. It is called polygraph place. Tell'em Paradiddle sent you---and they'll answer your questions quick, without the circus.

By the way D-Head, Palerider told me to tell you "hi"...and that he misses you, and that he "thought he saw you at the White Castle drive-thru giving out incorrect change the other day."
Palerider is kinda mean that way.

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mysterymeat
User

Reply #46 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:44am
Mr. Wings,

If you have three attorney's representing you at 300 bucks an hour each, I suspect your problems are way out of misdemeanor land! To answer your original question, all any one of your three attorney's has to do is request the charts as part of the "discovery". It is a simple process and any attorney should know this. If you play your cards right, you may even be able to serve your time with OJ Simpson.

Regards,

MM

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #47 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 4:26am
Wonder_Woman wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:41am:
You just indicated you must have been on this site before, thus, there is a great possibility you attempted to use CM'.

The above quote certainly seems to indicate that you believe anyone who researches the polygraph does so with the intent of learning how use countermeasures in an attempt to beat the test.

I have heard similiar sentiments from other polygraph examiners on this site, as well as from polygraph examiners on other sites.

Doesn't that seem unfairly presumptuous?  

Do you, like other examiners, ask each subject if they have researched the polygraph before you start their exam?  If you do and they tell you they have, don't you worry that might be causing bias in your mind, since you will automatically assume they are going to try and use countermeasures?

If a police applicant is told he must pass a polygraph exam in order to be hired, and his only knowledge of the polygraph comes from fiction on TV and in movies, wouldn't it be perfectly normal for him to look it up on the Internet or in the library?

If a police applicant is told he must pass the "Cooper Standards" in order to get hired, and he has no idea what the "Cooper Standards" are other than that they involve the physical agility test, wouldn't it make sense for him to do some research?  Would that indicate to you that the applicant is planning to cheat on the sit ups, or on the run?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 8:38am
Ludovico wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 10:36pm:

"... multiple distinct correlated indices; aggregated correlation efficiency; single physiological phenomena; observable, though imperfect, singularly unusable degree of correlation.."

Somebody Please Send This Clown A Nylock Gob-Zipper.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ludovico
Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #49 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:16pm
Sorry 1904,

I'll limit future posts to words you can find in Hooked on Phonics.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wonder_Woman
Senior User

The magic lasso of truth

Reply #50 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:00pm
Sergeant1107 wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 4:26am:
You just indicated you must have been on this site before, thus, there is a great possibility you attempted to use CM'.

The above quote certainly seems to indicate that you believe anyone who researches the polygraph does so with the intent of learning how use countermeasures in an attempt to beat the test.

I have heard similiar sentiments from other polygraph examiners on this site, as well as from polygraph examiners on other sites.

Doesn't that seem unfairly presumptuous?  

Do you, like other examiners, ask each subject if they have researched the polygraph before you start their exam?  If you do and they tell you they have, don't you worry that might be causing bias in your mind, since you will automatically assume they are going to try and use countermeasures?

If a police applicant is told he must pass a polygraph exam in order to be hired, and his only knowledge of the polygraph comes from fiction on TV and in movies, wouldn't it be perfectly normal for him to look it up on the Internet or in the library?

If a police applicant is told he must pass the "Cooper Standards" in order to get hired, and he has no idea what the "Cooper Standards" are other than that they involve the physical agility test, wouldn't it make sense for him to do some research?  Would that indicate to you that the applicant is planning to cheat on the sit ups, or on the run?

Sarge, your comments disappoint me.  First off, Mattwings has criminal issues (George I didn't use Probs).  Second, you have tried to switch this to a pre-employment issue.  If I recall you, or maybe it was EOS, have said, polygraphs are okay for sex offenders but not for pre-employment.  You guys are so selective.    I have said numerous times that I feel this site does more harm than good.  Yes I believe some people start looking for information about polygraphs before their exam.  However, if someone that has nothing to hide unfortunately visits this site, they get psyched up and believe they must try to use CM's to pass.  That examinee is then disqualified for employment or in a criminal case - it gives ammo to the prosecuation.  Sarge, if you really are a Sarge, you must know that if someone attempts to cheat or manipulate an exam, you would question thier character.   BTW Sarge, have you ever taken statement analysis classes.  If so, re-read Mattwings statements.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mattwings
New User

Reply #51 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:43pm
mattwings wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 11:51pm:
Mysterymeat wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 8:37pm:
OK Sarge, ya got me. I thought "POS" meant "Protecting Our Society". Apparently, this is not one of those sites.

On a serious note, think about Mr. Wings posts. Here he is paying a lawyer all that money to represent him, protect his rights and provide legal advise. Now Mr. Wings wants his polygraph charts and comes to this site to know what his legal rights are.

As a trained investigator Sarge, you should sense that something is not right in Mr. Wings house. His story smells like the docks at low tide.

Regards,

MM

Hey mystery meat.  You've done nothing but give me crap, which is fine.  That is your right. I came to this site because with all the different topics and knowlegde at this site, i thought someone might know or have a good solution or suggestion rather than the cute little responses you like to give.  They are darling.  Really they are.  Actually, I have three attorneys.  And they are all very very talented.  They are all also $300.00 per hour so even a phone call to one of them counts as a half hour which costs $150.00.  So to have one of them go through the research and try to get this info would probably be a few hours of billing at least.  I thought this might be a good quick way for me to get some advice from a forum that I figured would know.  From the responses on this board, there have been a couple guys who have actually tried to help me out, but in general, not a whole lot of help.  So it is probably worth it to me to go the attorney route and try to get the info.  

I just had a simple question to know what my rights are.   Thanks for the help.  

Mattwings,

I am not buying this either.  You came to this site 'because with all the different topics and knowlegde at this site, i thought someone might know or have a good solution'.  You just indicated you must have been on this site before, thus, there is a great possibility you attempted to use CM'.  Other wise, how would you know there was so much hype and expertise you could find on an ANTI polygraph site.  BTW, check out the Drew Richardson post for more information on the EXPERTISE on this site.  

Although George tells you never to admit you used CM's, go ahead.  It won't hurt our feelings.

Jesus.  I come for some help on this and you just gang pile.  Quite frankly I don't care if you are buying it.  When I googled rights on polygraphs it brought up this site.  I saw all the different topics and thought this would be a good site.   

Apparently it is filled with a lot of douchebags like you.  Have a good life....loser.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #52 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:46pm
Mysterymeat wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:44am:
Mr. Wings,

If you have three attorney's representing you at 300 bucks an hour each, I suspect your problems are way out of misdemeanor land! To answer your original question, all any one of your three attorney's has to do is request the charts as part of the "discovery". It is a simple process and any attorney should know this. If you play your cards right, you may even be able to serve your time with OJ Simpson.

Regards,

MM

My case is done and dismissed and I am trying to get this info for my self.  Thought this would be a good site.  I was wrong.   

Losers.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Reply #53 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:56pm
Good luck and stay out of trouble, will ya.

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #54 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:57pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:44am:
Mattwings, has it ever occurred to you to post your question on a polygraph examiners site---where some of the best examiners in the country address your issue. It is called polygraph place. Tell'em Paradiddle sent you---and they'll answer your questions quick, without the circus.

By the way D-Head, Palerider told me to tell you "hi"...and that he misses you, and that he "thought he saw you at the White Castle drive-thru giving out incorrect change the other day."
Palerider is kinda mean that way.

Thanks for the good advice.  After this experience though, I'll probably just pass.  Been a long 10 months and the dildo's on this site remind me of a lot of people I have encountered along the way.  I appreciate the tip.   

Thanks.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #55 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:58pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:56pm:
Good luck and stay out of trouble, will ya.

Yes I will.  Thanks for the help.  I appreciate it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #56 - Oct 3rd, 2007 at 5:36am
Wonder_Woman wrote on Oct 2nd, 2007 at 2:00pm:
Sarge, your comments disappoint me.  First off, Mattwings has criminal issues (George I didn't use Probs).  Second, you have tried to switch this to a pre-employment issue.  If I recall you, or maybe it was EOS, have said, polygraphs are okay for sex offenders but not for pre-employment.  You guys are so selective.    I have said numerous times that I feel this site does more harm than good.  Yes I believe some people start looking for information about polygraphs before their exam.  However, if someone that has nothing to hide unfortunately visits this site, they get psyched up and believe they must try to use CM's to pass.  That examinee is then disqualified for employment or in a criminal case - it gives ammo to the prosecuation.  Sarge, if you really are a Sarge, you must know that if someone attempts to cheat or manipulate an exam, you would question thier character.   BTW Sarge, have you ever taken statement analysis classes.  If so, re-read Mattwings statements.

Sorry to disappoint.  I'll try to keep up from now on.

Your written statement indicates that you believe anyone who researches the polygraph does so with the intent to cheat.  I think that was the only reasonable interpretation.  I asked you about that since it seems presumptuous and unfair.

Quote:
Sarge, if you really are a Sarge, you must know that if someone attempts to cheat or manipulate an exam, you would question thier character.

How polite of you, to question my veracity and condescend to me in the same sentence.  As far as I know, no one said they were attempting to cheat or manipulate an exam.  I asked why you automatically seem to assume that just because someone researches the polygraph.  

BTW, you should take great care if you use statement analysis on items like text messages and Internet forum posts.  But you already know that, don't you?

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
What are my rights to see my polygraph results?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X