Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What are my rights to see my polygraph results? (Read 33032 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Re: What are my rights to see my polygraph results?
Reply #30 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 4:13pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Ludovico wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 3:58pm:
Jeez-o-man,

You flip-flop more than a fish out of water. Are you arguing science or ethics. You switch back and forth rather conveniently.

I'm trying to keep up with you

[/quote]

Both are interesting conversations, but they are somewhat separate concerns. 
Your expression  is a typical one-sided deontological conclusion, about the "evil" of polygraph because of its imperfection. Our judicial system is imperfect too, and sometimes not very scientific. Should we discard it as well, Boss? [/quote]

The old 'throw the baby out with the bathwater' BS

[/quote]

The other side of the ethical discussion is a recognition of the fact that much about community building and much about our legal system is premised on more utilititarian ethical models. Neither is completely correct or incorrect. The real challenge is to develop an articulate awareness of each of these ethical paradigms, along with that of other folks like Aristotle, and begin to formulate an integrative understanding of what is right and what is wrong in terms of community safety decisions and individual liberties. Do you really want to discuss this, or do you simply need to be right? [/quote]

Obfuscation regns supreme. Do you always waffle on like this, or is today a special instance?

[/quote]

One thing is for sure - Emanuel Kant should never become a polygraph examiner.

[/quote]

Why not? You're convinced that you and your ilk possess metaphysical prowess.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ludovico
Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #31 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 4:22pm
You should probably re-read Kant, 'lest you sound under-edumacated. Pay close attention, and ya just might find he rings consonant with some of your concerns.

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2007 at 4:58pm by Ludovico »  

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #32 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 4:33pm
Thanks for your advice Reggie Garrett.
I'll re-read Kant. 
And a read for you: Jerry Stratten's book.
You may find yourself amongst the pages.

PS: He only wrote 1 - you will find it.

IP Logged

Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #33 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 4:55pm
That was funny.

Thanks.

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #34 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 5:00pm
My Pleasure.
I prefer you when you keep it down to short sentences
and max three syllables.

Aint got me a good edumacashin.
Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mattwings
New User

Reply #35 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 5:21pm
Wow.  I am away from my computer for a couple days and I miss a whole lot of interesting discussions.  Don't you guys watch football on the weekends?   

First of all, I don't know what countermeasures are.  I didn't use them and know nothing about them.  I didn't want to know anything about polygraph tests or tricks before I took my tests because I didn't want it screwing me up or having someone at somepoint check and see if I was researching polygraphs before I took them.  I didn't commit the crime I was being accused of and told the truth in both tests.  So no, I did not use countermeasures and literally don't even want to know what they are so don't go into them.   

Secondly, it was not a sex crime.  My wife would say that the way I perform in bed may be a crime, but you'll have to talk with her.  My investigation had nothing to do with sex or a sex crime.   

Any suggestions on a starting point to research where to begin??   

Thanks.  And all the posts made for good reading.   

Mattwings

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mysterymeat
User

Reply #36 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 6:07pm
Mattwings,

You are paying an attorney thousands of dollars to provide legal assistance and yet you come to this two bit POS site to get legal advice?

I know, why don't you fire your attorney and hire Dr. Drew Richardson. I heard that he is a polygraph expert!

MM

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Sergeant1107
God Member

Reply #37 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 7:13pm
Mysterymeat wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 6:07pm:
You are paying an attorney thousands of dollars to provide legal assistance and yet you come to this two bit POS site to get legal advice?

It does rather beg the question that, if you feel this is a POS site, why are you here, reading messages and posting your opinions?

Why not go to one of the many non-POS sites on the Internet?

Personally, I don't have enough free time in my day to go to web sites I don't care for and post messages there.

Lorsque vous utilisez un argumentum ad hominem, tout le monde sait que vous êtes intellectuellement faillite.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Paradiddle
Very Senior User

Reply #38 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 7:59pm
Sarge, I believe Meat was being flippent. This is a great site to view unscientifically validated countermeasures against scientifically validated tests. It is very much like Big Oil's scramble to explain global warming as caused only by cow farts and volcanos. This is comedy.

Cheats and the Cheating Cheaters who try to Cheat us.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mysterymeat
User

Reply #39 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 8:37pm
OK Sarge, ya got me. I thought "POS" meant "Protecting Our Society". Apparently, this is not one of those sites.

On a serious note, think about Mr. Wings posts. Here he is paying a lawyer all that money to represent him, protect his rights and provide legal advise. Now Mr. Wings wants his polygraph charts and comes to this site to know what his legal rights are.

As a trained investigator Sarge, you should sense that something is not right in Mr. Wings house. His story smells like the docks at low tide.

Regards,

MM

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box digithead
Very Senior User

Reply #40 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 10:09pm
Paradiddle wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 7:59pm:
Sarge, I believe Meat was being flippent. This is a great site to view unscientifically validated countermeasures against scientifically validated tests. It is very much like Big Oil's scramble to explain global warming as caused only by cow farts and volcanos. This is comedy.

Sorry, but your own pro-polygraph PhDs (Honts, Raskin, etc.) have shown that countermeasures indeed do work. It also does not take a rocket scientist to understand that a person can manipulate their physiology to create the desired response if they know what the response is supposed to look like and when it is supposed to happen...

Additionally, it has been shown that the guilty knowledge test is the only scientifically valid form of polygraphy because it is based on cognitive response of which there is a unique or near unique physiological reaction. The others (CQT, DL, IR, etc.) are based on emotion and there is no unique physiological response for any emotion be it fear, anger, love, hate, grief, or sadness. This fact makes these tests unreliable, unstandardizable, and invalid because they cannot have internal, construct, or ecological validity...

IP Logged

Senior User

I was cured all right.

Reply #41 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 10:36pm
D-Head!

Where you been? Oh, had to finish up the day job, huh?

Nice to hear from you.

Now, breathe buddy. Them's a mouthful of big fancy-pants words. Ecological validity, huh. Whew. Before we begin, relax a bit. Change out of the bow-tie, and back into the comfy sweats - yeah, the one's with the stain on the front, those are good. Ah, sweats. Comfy waistlines. Stretchability, and versatility. No need to loosen they old belt after dinner, eh Bud. They simply expand and expand with the gut. How long's it been since you seen the... oh sorry, that's getting personal.

Now. I don't seem to recall anyone ever determining a near unique physiological reaction for the GKT. Last I heard there is no single physiological phenomena that is uniquely associated with any human activity. That's what is fundamentally wrong with voice stres, in my ever so humble and ill-informed opinion; diagnosis requires multiple distinct correlated indices to achieve some useful level of aggregated correlation efficiency. A single physiological phenomena might provide an observable, though imperfect, and singularly unusable degree of correlation. Whatever. 

Now a question. Cognitive response? Whom, pray tell, O great and powerful "D", determined that the GKT was purely cognitive?

It kinda sound like yer just throwin' yer weight around, Boss.

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2007 at 10:56pm by Ludovico »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mattwings
New User

Reply #42 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 11:51pm
Mysterymeat wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 8:37pm:
OK Sarge, ya got me. I thought "POS" meant "Protecting Our Society". Apparently, this is not one of those sites.

On a serious note, think about Mr. Wings posts. Here he is paying a lawyer all that money to represent him, protect his rights and provide legal advise. Now Mr. Wings wants his polygraph charts and comes to this site to know what his legal rights are.

As a trained investigator Sarge, you should sense that something is not right in Mr. Wings house. His story smells like the docks at low tide.

Regards,

MM

Hey mystery meat.  You've done nothing but give me crap, which is fine.  That is your right. I came to this site because with all the different topics and knowlegde at this site, i thought someone might know or have a good solution or suggestion rather than the cute little responses you like to give.  They are darling.  Really they are.  Actually, I have three attorneys.  And they are all very very talented.  They are all also $300.00 per hour so even a phone call to one of them counts as a half hour which costs $150.00.  So to have one of them go through the research and try to get this info would probably be a few hours of billing at least.  I thought this might be a good quick way for me to get some advice from a forum that I figured would know.  From the responses on this board, there have been a couple guys who have actually tried to help me out, but in general, not a whole lot of help.  So it is probably worth it to me to go the attorney route and try to get the info.   

I just had a simple question to know what my rights are.   Thanks for the help.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wonder_Woman
Senior User

The magic lasso of truth

Reply #43 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:41am
mattwings wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 11:51pm:
Mysterymeat wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 8:37pm:

Regards,

MM

Hey mystery meat.  You've done nothing but give me crap, which is fine.  That is your right. I came to this site because with all the different topics and knowlegde at this site, i thought someone might know or have a good solution or suggestion rather than the cute little responses you like to give.  They are darling.  Really they are.  Actually, I have three attorneys.  And they are all very very talented.  They are all also $300.00 per hour so even a phone call to one of them counts as a half hour which costs $150.00.  So to have one of them go through the research and try to get this info would probably be a few hours of billing at least.  I thought this might be a good quick way for me to get some advice from a forum that I figured would know.  From the responses on this board, there have been a couple guys who have actually tried to help me out, but in general, not a whole lot of help.  So it is probably worth it to me to go the attorney route and try to get the info.  

I just had a simple question to know what my rights are.   Thanks for the help.  

Mattwings,

I am not buying this either.  You came to this site 'because with all the different topics and knowlegde at this site, i thought someone might know or have a good solution'.  You just indicated you must have been on this site before, thus, there is a great possibility you attempted to use CM'.  Other wise, how would you know there was so much hype and expertise you could find on an ANTI polygraph site.  BTW, check out the Drew Richardson post for more information on the EXPERTISE on this site.   

Although George tells you never to admit you used CM's, go ahead.  It won't hurt our feelings.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Wonder_Woman
Senior User

The magic lasso of truth

Reply #44 - Oct 2nd, 2007 at 12:44am
mattwings wrote on Oct 1st, 2007 at 5:21pm:
Wow.  I am away from my computer for a couple days and I miss a whole lot of interesting discussions.  Don't you guys watch football on the weekends?  

First of all, I don't know what countermeasures are.  I didn't use them and know nothing about them.  I didn't want to know anything about polygraph tests or tricks before I took my tests because I didn't want it screwing me up or having someone at somepoint check and see if I was researching polygraphs before I took them.  I didn't commit the crime I was being accused of and told the truth in both tests.  So no, I did not use countermeasures and literally don't even want to know what they are so don't go into them.  

Secondly, it was not a sex crime.  My wife would say that the way I perform in bed may be a crime, but you'll have to talk with her.  My investigation had nothing to do with sex or a sex crime.  

Any suggestions on a starting point to research where to begin??  

Thanks.  And all the posts made for good reading.  

Mattwings

Once again, First of all, I don't know what countermeasures are.  I didn't use them and know nothing about them.    Yet I came to this site to ask the experts....lol

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
What are my rights to see my polygraph results?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X