Normal Topic Help. I do not think I passed (Read 3328 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Midwest_Boy
New User

Help. I do not think I passed
Aug 6th, 2007 at 8:47pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took my poly exam today for a local corrections position. It was one of the last two steps in the hiring process. I studied the book and read almost the entire forum. I went into it not having much of anything to hide. The test itself was very short ( only about 4 minutes in length ). It was given to me twice with the order the questions were asked changed around. I reacted to a very obvious control question without any hesitation. The questions were also read to me prior to the first exam. Upon the conclusion the examiner told me I reacted both times to the question " Have you ever been involved in an illegal sex act" I was blown away by this. I HAVE NEVER BEEN involved in anything remotely like this. He of course prodded me for any information as to why I reacted. I realized this was an interrogation technique. I explained to him if it was illegal for me to have sex with my underage girlfriend when I was 17, then I suppose so. I need any and all opinions on my situation. I do not know what to think of this.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box greatasset
New User

Re: Help. I do not think I passed
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 6:14am
Well, I just wanted to let you know that I am on the same boat as you! I recently took my poly for a local law enforcement agency and I reacted to questions that didn't even apply to me!!! I was blown away by the results of the polygraph, and I am so upset to think that I might be disqualified because of the results! I just wanted to share with you that BELIEVE YOU ME, you are not alone, and I refuse to believe that most people are liars! But, most people do fail polygraphs! 

PS> my friend took hers about a week after me...she has tried every drug in the book, and she told them she had just tried pot once, and didnt even react to the question. NOW, I have absolutely no faith in that system. It isn't admissable in the court of law for a reason!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2007 at 2:37am
***UPDATE*** Well I just received a conditional offer of employment. I have my physcial left. I am now completely convinced the poly scammer used the reaction I had to the CQ and tried to convince me it was to the sex crime question. I obviously passed!!! I want to thank this sight and all of its contributors for helping me get past the poly. I wasn't looking to lie on it ( I had nothing to hide ). I just was making sure I did not fail when I shouldn't have.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 5:32am
A further update. I am done with the hiring process and will be starting work in a few weeks. I again want to thank this wonderful community. I will remain active in it for the near future. People need to realize what damaging scam the polygraph exam is.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2007 at 7:04pm
Hi:

I'm from the Midwest too.  I'm glad you will be employed.

Um, in the format of posting titles we see
Help. I do not think
as the title of your post.

While this may be amusing (to my friend 1908 for example), we know that you do think because you realize polygraph testing is a sham.   

Although a sham, the post test interrogation can provide some insight if the subject is told he failed the test and believes the test methodology "scientific".  Thus, a guilty person can be conned into confession.

Lloyd

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 1904
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 1:25pm
Help. I think I did not pass.

1908:
At 7:17 AM on the morning of June 30, 1908, a mysterious explosion occurred in the skies over Siberia. It was caused by the impact and breakup of a large meteorite, at an altitude roughly six kilometers in the atmosphere. Realistic pictures of the event are unavailable. However, Russian scientists collected eyewitness accounts of the event. I believe that enough is known about large impacts to "decode" the subjective descriptions of the witnesses and create realistic views of this historic asteroid impact as seen from different distances. What do we know about that explosion?
One can get a sense of the magnitude of the event by comparing observations made at different distances. Seismic vibrations were recorded by sensitive instruments as much as 1000 km (600 mi) away. At 500 km (300 mi), observers reported "deafening bangs" and a fiery cloud on the horizon. About 170 km (110 mi) from the explosion, the object was seen in the cloudless, daytime sky as a brilliant, sunlike fireball; thunderous noises were heard. At distances around 60 km, people were thrown to the ground or even knocked unconscious; windows were broken and crockery knocked off shelves. Probably the closest observers were some reindeer herders asleep in their tents in several camps about 30 km (20 mi) from the site. They were blown into the air and knocked unconscious; one man was blown into a tree and later died. "Everything around was shrouded in smoke and fog from the burning fallen trees." 8 Reindeer were blown clear all the way to the North Pole.

Regards,
MCMIV

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 20th, 2007 at 2:00pm
Okay okay 1904:

Can you imagine a chemical engineer with dislexia?

Thank you for the Tunguska event story.  I didn't realize rain dear could be blown so vigorously.  All the way to the pole, huh?

L

IP Logged

Help. I do not think I passed

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X