Normal Topic My polygraph experience..not so good (Read 3975 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box greatasset
New User

My polygraph experience..not so good
Jul 25th, 2007 at 12:13am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Just recently, this month in fact, I took my polygraph exam required for LAPD candidates. I was very upset to find out that I not only did not pass, but I reacted to 4 out of like 8 questions. I am so dissapointed in the system, because I sincerely told the truth!! It really sucks how they can judge your character based on a machine that has that big of an error margin! The interesting thing is that my investigator continues to work on my background and to contact me. Needless to say, it makes me so angry, because there is absolutely nothing in my background to coroborate the questions that I "reacted" to in the PG. How unfair that they choose to loose a good, honest candidate to a whacked out machine! Angry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Lloyd Ploense
Ex Member

Re: My polygraph experience..not so good
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2007 at 5:51pm
What questions did they ask you?   

I reacted emotionally during the polygraph investigation of who poisoned my wedding cake when accused of doing it myself.  I really did not know there was poison in the cake, ate some, and was extremely sick for many days.  Yes, I failed that polygraph.

Here is the rub: Those with absolutely no emotion or moral structure easily pass polygraph exams.  These chosen few will easily get the job you applied for if they are crafty enough to have left no traces of previous crimes.

Lloyd Ploense

IP Logged

New User

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 6:07am
Well, they asked questions about domestic violence, drug abuse, hiding a serious and dangerous crime, employee theft etc....and well I guess I am a scum bag because I reacted to almost all of them!! 

I asked the administrator if a sociopath or a psychopath would possibly not react to the questions, just beacuse he or she feels no remorse or would have any feelings about something bad that they haave done, but he insisted on the accuracy of the polygraph, and continued to say I should stop feeding him BULL!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box george-e
New User

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2007 at 9:39pm
Hey,

Has anybody told you that you will have to re-take the poly? What did your investigator say about your results?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2007 at 5:18pm
Well you know, my investigator just advised me that they might have me take it again if they still consider me a viable candidate considering the facts!...Ive been just waiting ever since, no email, no call and no disqualification letter. Huh

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rice80
User

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 1:04am
greatasset wrote on Aug 9th, 2007 at 5:18pm:
Well you know, my investigator just advised me that they might have me take it again if they still consider me a viable candidate considering the facts!...Ive been just waiting ever since, no email, no call and no disqualification letter. Huh

Sounds like a similar story that I was in. I wind up taking the polygraph three times giving the same information each time, failing the first two and passing the last. I am courious as to what happened to you in the process. Hope you made it!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mysterymeat
User

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 3:10am
Lloyd P,

If I were you, I would at least read the LBTLD or any other polygraph related material before giving your "Dear Abby" advice to anyone. You my friend, are full of shit!

MM

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box rice80
User

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2007 at 3:55am
Mysterymeat wrote on Oct 4th, 2007 at 3:10am:
Lloyd P,

If I were you, I would at least read the LBTLD or any other polygraph related material before giving your "Dear Abby" advice to anyone. You my friend, are full of shit!

MM

Bravo Cheesy

IP Logged

My polygraph experience..not so good

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X